[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The most important event(s) for the Knicks in the next 3 years is losing
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/24/2017  11:15 AM
these last 9 games. Losing these 9 ENSURE position 4 in this draft--which MATHEMATICALLY will get us 1 of the players that can change the franchise in the other direction.

On the other hand WINNING could bring us all the way out to 8(that is the worst we can pick barring a lottery miracle) but at 8 its a DIFFERENT ball game. The draft really drops at 8. Were close to locking up atleast 7 but still that's the bottom of the barrel--it could be far enough down that we get shut out from a core draftee.

So its imperative we LOSE them all. Winning even a single game could be 2 spots
Notice other than the Nets ALL 7 other last caliber teams are on multi losing streaks and cutting down rotations

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/24/2017  11:24 AM
Yo, I got this. No one else touches the TankThreads but me
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/24/2017  11:25 AM
Do we get a new "we SUCK" thread after every loss?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
3/24/2017  11:26 AM
fishmike wrote:Do we get a new "we SUCK" thread after every loss?

If it promotes losing I will certainly make one.

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/24/2017  11:27 AM
I just hope whoever we draft is Jordan, Magic, Bird, esq by his 2nd year in the league.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/24/2017  11:29 AM
it sounds nice on paper. IF the Knicks are in a tight game does the coach ask guys to brick shots? I mean I understand your point, and its a legit point. However how to do you mandate losing? You are a pro sports franchise.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/24/2017  11:29 AM
Disagree about the top 4. I think there's 7 or 8 game-changers in this draft. And at the same time, i don't think the top 3 or 4 guys are franchise players like some may think. I'm sure 1 or 2 of them will end up being that way, but there's no Towns in this draft. Probably no one with Porzingis upside either. But a top 8 pick can get a really talented player.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/24/2017  11:31 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:I just hope whoever we draft is Jordan, Magic, Bird, esq by his 2nd year in the league.

Knicks fans would have found something wrong with those guys too. I bet a few would want to trade them for future lottery picks because lottery picks are a lot of fun...

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/24/2017  11:43 AM
Knixkik wrote:Disagree about the top 4. I think there's 7 or 8 game-changers in this draft. And at the same time, i don't think the top 3 or 4 guys are franchise players like some may think. I'm sure 1 or 2 of them will end up being that way, but there's no Towns in this draft. Probably no one with Porzingis upside either. But a top 8 pick can get a really talented player.

Players like Ball and Josh Jackson are the kinds of players that have a net positive impact on how the entire team plays. It's not just about their individual production. While you do need a player that has amazing individual scoring talent it's more important to have several players that have TEAM BALL IMPACT. The best example being how Jason Kidd impacted the Knicks despite his age and diminished ability. You would want a younger more dynamic version of Kidd IMO. Let's call it the KIDD EFFECT.

I get a feeling that Fox will also be able to have a Kidd Effect to a lesser degree but I see he has some ability to lift his team. He will move the ball and push the pace but he can also sense when to raise his individual level and take over a game. He's got a lot more development ahead but I can kind of see the beginnings of a player that can have a Kidd Effect on his team.

BRIGGS
3/24/2017  11:57 AM
fishmike wrote:it sounds nice on paper. IF the Knicks are in a tight game does the coach ask guys to brick shots? I mean I understand your point, and its a legit point. However how to do you mandate losing? You are a pro sports franchise.

C Plumlee
F Ndour
G Vucevic
G Baker
G Randle

Ill take my chances with that.

RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/24/2017  11:58 AM
fishmike wrote:Do we get a new "we SUCK" thread after every loss?

It helps keep the basketball gods on our side.

¿ △ ?
Finestrg
Member: #1069

3/24/2017  12:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/24/2017  12:08 PM
So no one's really feeling Dennis Smith Jr., huh? Man, that's my guy.. Rose is as good as gone. Even if he would want to come back, not sure you can justify giving him the amount of money he wants. So then what? What's the plan at PG? Throw a boatload of money at Jrue Holiday? That's wouldn't be terrible I guess but I look at this kid Smith Jr. and I see a real polished PG, esp. for a freshman. I think this kid's ready to jump right in a start performing. My PG plan for next yr: draft Smith Jr. and find a way to add Cat Barber. His overall numbers are solid in the DL, nothing earthshattering, but just watching tape on some of his individual performances this season in the DL and remembering what I saw of him last yr. in college, he's the real deal. Smith Jr. backed up by Barber (who's a better player than Chasson Randle--a better PG prospect to move forward with imho.. and I like Randle mind you, but he's no Cat Barber) would be a lot of firepower at the point next year. We'd have that position covered for a long time with two very talented/pro-ready PGs at team favorable money.
crzymdups
USA
3/24/2017  12:03 PM
Finestrg wrote:So no one's really felling Dennis Smith Jr., huh? Man, that's my guy.. Rose is as good as gone. Even if he would want to come back, not sure you can justify giving him the amount of money he wants. So then what? What's the plan at PG? Throw a boatload of money at Jrue Holiday? That's wouldn't be terrible I guess but I look at this kid Smith Jr. and I see a real polished PG, esp. for a freshman. I think this kid's ready to jump right in a start performing. My PG plan for next yr: draft Smith Jr. and find a way to add Cat Barber. His overall numbers are solid in the DL, nothing earthshattering, but just watching tape on some of his individual performances this season in the DL and remembering what I saw of him last yr. in college, he's the real deal. Smith Jr. backed up by Barber (who's a better player than Chasson Randle--a better PG prospect to move forward with imho.. and I like Randle mind you, but he's no Cat Barber) would be a lot of firepower at the point next year. We'd have that position covered for a long time with two very talented/pro-ready PGs.

I think Smith is Steve Francis 2

¿ △ ?
Finestrg
Member: #1069

3/24/2017  12:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/24/2017  12:06 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Finestrg wrote:So no one's really felling Dennis Smith Jr., huh? Man, that's my guy.. Rose is as good as gone. Even if he would want to come back, not sure you can justify giving him the amount of money he wants. So then what? What's the plan at PG? Throw a boatload of money at Jrue Holiday? That's wouldn't be terrible I guess but I look at this kid Smith Jr. and I see a real polished PG, esp. for a freshman. I think this kid's ready to jump right in a start performing. My PG plan for next yr: draft Smith Jr. and find a way to add Cat Barber. His overall numbers are solid in the DL, nothing earthshattering, but just watching tape on some of his individual performances this season in the DL and remembering what I saw of him last yr. in college, he's the real deal. Smith Jr. backed up by Barber (who's a better player than Chasson Randle--a better PG prospect to move forward with imho.. and I like Randle mind you, but he's no Cat Barber) would be a lot of firepower at the point next year. We'd have that position covered for a long time with two very talented/pro-ready PGs.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing in your opinion? Francis was damn good for a good stretch there..

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/24/2017  12:08 PM
Finestrg wrote:So no one's really feeling Dennis Smith Jr., huh? Man, that's my guy.. Rose is as good as gone. Even if he would want to come back, not sure you can justify giving him the amount of money he wants. So then what? What's the plan at PG? Throw a boatload of money at Jrue Holiday? That's wouldn't be terrible I guess but I look at this kid Smith Jr. and I see a real polished PG, esp. for a freshman. I think this kid's ready to jump right in a start performing. My PG plan for next yr: draft Smith Jr. and find a way to add Cat Barber. His overall numbers are solid in the DL, nothing earthshattering, but just watching tape on some of his individual performances this season in the DL and remembering what I saw of him last yr. in college, he's the real deal. Smith Jr. backed up by Barber (who's a better player than Chasson Randle--a better PG prospect to move forward with imho.. and I like Randle mind you, but he's no Cat Barber) would be a lot of firepower at the point next year. We'd have that position covered for a long time with two very talented/pro-ready PGs.

I just don't think Phil would ever draft him DS Jr, which is why I never mention him.

crzymdups
USA
3/24/2017  12:10 PM
Finestrg wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Is that a good thing or a bad thing in your opinion?

It's not terrible, but I think there are better options. As a Knicks fan, I have Francis PTSD so I don't know if I can rate him properly, but I'd say that Francis was pretty inefficient and not truly a team player at PG. I've seen a handful of Smith games and he struck me as kinda inefficient. I just don't get great vibes. Obviously, he's a better PG than anything we have on the roster though. I'd be a little disappointed if we got him. I don't feel he moves the ball as well as Ball (who would obviously take a minor miracle) or Fox (who might be in range) - I see Fox as somewhere between Rondo and Wall. I've been wrong before though and I'd keep an open mind if we took Smith.

¿ △ ?
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

3/24/2017  12:27 PM
BRIGGS wrote:these last 9 games. Losing these 9 ENSURE position 4 in this draft--which MATHEMATICALLY will get us 1 of the players that can change the franchise in the other direction.

On the other hand WINNING could bring us all the way out to 8(that is the worst we can pick barring a lottery miracle) but at 8 its a DIFFERENT ball game. The draft really drops at 8. Were close to locking up atleast 7 but still that's the bottom of the barrel--it could be far enough down that we get shut out from a core draftee.

So its imperative we LOSE them all. Winning even a single game could be 2 spots
Notice other than the Nets ALL 7 other last caliber teams are on multi losing streaks and cutting down rotations

Fortunately we have mystery injuries for Melo, Rose and Thomas. That should help us as the yoots are not good enough to beat NBA-level competition on their own.

The most important event(s) for the Knicks in the next 3 years is losing

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy