[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If the Knicks won the lottery and got Ball would you give KP/Melo combo another year?
Author Thread
93BUICK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1175
USA
3/23/2017  5:58 PM
I could see L Ball making both look great - Lee and Willy too-
If the Knicks get lucky enough to win the lottery would you re-believe in Melo enough to want to see if it could work, after everything that's gone down?
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/23/2017  6:04 PM
93BUICK wrote:I could see L Ball making both look great - Lee and Willy too-
If the Knicks get lucky enough to win the lottery would you re-believe in Melo enough to want to see if it could work, after everything that's gone down?

I think Ball would greatly help the kNicks. Its the miracle we need.

RIP Crushalot😞
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
3/23/2017  6:05 PM
Absolutely.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

3/23/2017  6:11 PM
93BUICK wrote:I could see L Ball making both look great - Lee and Willy too-

Yes, Ball would be a franchise-changing stroke of luck.

TPercy
Member: #5748

3/23/2017  6:11 PM
Y'all gotta stop with these hypotheticals before I get my hopes up only to be crushed come lotto day.
The Future is Bright!
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

3/23/2017  6:17 PM
We can Ball without Melo.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/23/2017  6:54 PM
Melo is Melo. If he's here I only want to see him play more of a Team game like he was last year. Ball would be the PERFECT PG for this team IMO. Of course that would require some great luck.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/23/2017  7:17 PM
Only if we can't trade him.
93BUICK
USA
3/23/2017  7:27 PM
nixluva wrote:Melo is Melo. If he's here I only want to see him play more of a Team game like he was last year. Ball would be the PERFECT PG for this team IMO. Of course that would require some great luck.

Melo IS Melo- and we know Melo - This would be the perfect PG for him and it's while he can still play- Really the best way to be able to actually benefit from both Melo and KP.
Ball would thrive here more than he would with the Lakers- a perfect group for him so set up and use his gifts with- he would be so ready to get the best out of Lee Melo KP and Willy from the get go that I could see the whole team turn around. The bench would be useful with who we already have in Holiday LT Noah Baker Randle Plumlee O'Quinn that the team would actually have holdover through the turnaround and not have to commit in free agency this year out of desperation. Anyway of course it's a long shot- but I think it's clear it would change a lot of people's need for drastic changes right away. Thanks for your responses UKingdom.

If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/23/2017  7:32 PM
I'm inclined to say no. Even the great PGs need at least two years to get acclimated to the league. I like Ball, but I don't see him dominating like Magic out the gate. I think Melo would probably be best suited to a win now environment.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
3/23/2017  7:46 PM
No Melo has to go because he isn't going to buy in to the triangle system. Besides you can get anyone outside of LeBron and Paul ball stopping is ball stopping, it will continue to make players into spectators.
nixluva
USA
3/23/2017  7:47 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:I'm inclined to say no. Even the great PGs need at least two years to get acclimated to the league. I like Ball, but I don't see him dominating like Magic out the gate. I think Melo would probably be best suited to a win now environment.

From what I've seen of Ball he's like an older Jason Kidd with the 3pt shot. I think this kid makes an impact right away. He's very smart and I just don't see any real holes in his game. I think he's a perfect Triangle guard too. He can think the game and has great size and vision.

93BUICK
USA
3/23/2017  7:49 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:I'm inclined to say no. Even the great PGs need at least two years to get acclimated to the league. I like Ball, but I don't see him dominating like Magic out the gate. I think Melo would probably be best suited to a win now environment.

I think if there's a really good balancing trade that's there for us , you may be right- but trading for the sake of trading always backfires on the Knicks.

BigDaddyG

3/23/2017  7:53 PM
nixluva wrote:

From what I've seen of Ball he's like an older Jason Kidd with the 3pt shot. I think this kid makes an impact right away. He's very smart and I just don't see any real holes in his game. I think he's a perfect Triangle guard too. He can think the game and has great size and vision.

Yeah, but do you remember Kidd as a rookie? Penny? Curry? Wall? Westbrook? I'm not doubting Ball's talent, but the learning curve is still steep. Chris Paul is the only guy I can remember who led his team from the start. At the very least, you should expect a year of learning the ropes. I could see it with a different roster. But the way the team is made up now.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

3/23/2017  8:02 PM
93BUICK wrote:

I think if there's a really good balancing trade that's there for us , you may be right- but trading for the sake of trading always backfires on the Knicks.

I agree. Keep Melo until the right deal comes along. I'm just not sure Ball would change my mind one way or the other.

nixluva
USA
3/23/2017  8:18 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Yeah, but do you remember Kidd as a rookie? Penny? Curry? Wall? Westbrook? I'm not doubting Ball's talent, but the learning curve is still steep. Chris Paul is the only guy I can remember who led his team from the start. At the very least, you should expect a year of learning the ropes. I could see it with a different roster. But the way the team is made up now.

ALL PLAYERS must grow and learn but that doesn't equate with struggling. There's a big difference between being good for the start of your career versus your peak. I'm just saying Ball would be able to contribute from the start. Not dominate.

BigDaddyG

3/23/2017  8:26 PM
nixluva wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:

ALL PLAYERS must grow and learn but that doesn't equate with struggling. There's a big difference between being good for the start of your career versus your peak. I'm just saying Ball would be able to contribute from the start. Not dominate.

Yeah, but he would have to dominate in order for this team to be good lol. But, yeah, whether it's defense, turnovers, physical play, speed, longer three-point line....you can expect your rookie PG to struggle. Ball could prove me wrong, but I'm just going by history. Don't get me wrong, I think Ball is going to be great. Just not enough in his first year to make us good and what's the point in Melo being here if we're not good. It's a waste of everybody's time.
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

3/24/2017  12:42 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:

A year of ramping up is fine. We still have our 2018 first rounder.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/24/2017  12:46 PM
Lonzo Ball would transform our team and our fortunes. I can't get my hopes too high, but he would be the exact player we need. I love Josh Jackson, but I can't argue that Ball would be the more transformative player for this team. May the basketball gods be kind.
¿ △ ?
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/24/2017  12:47 PM
No... I would continue the rebuild.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
If the Knicks won the lottery and got Ball would you give KP/Melo combo another year?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy