[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

So now that rambis is coaching the offense and defense whats Jeffs role
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/23/2017  4:06 PM
I guess just stand in front of the podium after every game and take all the heat about the triangle and bad defense. It's a shame what they are doing to this guy. his role has been reduce to almost nothing. I just been reading articles how all the players were happy with his free flowing offense earlier on when we had a winning record..

whats a head coaches job if he can't run anything of his own

ES
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
3/23/2017  4:17 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I guess just stand in front of the podium after every game and take all the heat about the triangle and bad defense. It's a shame what they are doing to this guy. his role has been reduce to almost nothing. I just been reading articles how all the players were happy with his free flowing offense earlier on when we had a winning record..

I think perhaps you may be overstating what Rambis does and understating what a Headcoach does. Also I'm pretty sure Hornacek knows enough about the Triangle to run a practice and then there is still game day coaching and lineups. As I've said before Phil had Tex for YEARS and no one said anything bad about that.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/23/2017  4:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/23/2017  4:35 PM
I think Hornachek will still modernize the Triangle where 3 point shooting is addressed. We shoot more three pointers now than typicall a team would that runs the Triangle. I think Horny and Fisher run the Triangle quite different.

With Fisher we saw too many direct post up dumps. the worst way to run the Triangle unless Shaq or Pau were the one inside. The way I've seen Horny have these guys run it is more pinch post action, more 2 man games, more backdoor plays and lots of just screen setting and just finding the man coming off after setting the screen,

With Fisher/Rambis, I remember us posting up Kevin Seraphin and Kyle O'Quinn which was horrible to watch. I may be wrong about this, but I believe Hornachek does not encourage them to dump the ball into the post in the Triangle. That's the easiest way to defend the Triangle, to get the guy in the post or to isolate Melo in the mid-post. I believe what we've been doing in recent weeks is a contrast to what Fisher/Rambis did last year.

I do think Hornachek has done a "meh" job this year and mishandled things. But, I think he's much much smarter at both Triangle and out of bounds plays,

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/23/2017  4:33 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I think Hornachek will still modernize the Triangle where 3 point shooting is addressed. We shoot more three pointers now than typicall a team would that runs the Triangle. I think Horny and Fisher run the Triangle quite different.

With Fisher we saw too many direct post up dumps. the worst way to run the Triangle unless Shaq or Pau were the one inside. The way I've seen Horny have these guys run it is more pinch post action, more 2 man games, more backdoor plays and lots of just screen setting and just finding the man coming off after setting the screen,

With Fisher/Rambis, I remember us posting up Kevin Seraphin and Kyle O'Quinn which was horrible to watch.

I agree. Hornacek has a brilliant basketball mind and he will figure out how to run a version of the Triangle that is good for this team. What he needs most is more willing Talent!!! Not old Vets that refuse to buy in or give max effort. It really makes all the difference when you have more players that will give their all every game.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/23/2017  4:39 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I guess just stand in front of the podium after every game and take all the heat about the triangle and bad defense. It's a shame what they are doing to this guy. his role has been reduce to almost nothing. I just been reading articles how all the players were happy with his free flowing offense earlier on when we had a winning record..

Yeah, you nailed it!!
Players happy and we had a winning record and then Old man Phil got upsent and put an end to all that winning stuff!
"Damn it, There are three sides to everything!!! And I want the triangle run!!!"
You finally connected the dots and figured it out!!! You must be heroic in some circles!!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/23/2017  5:42 PM
Nalod wrote:

Yeah, you nailed it!!
Players happy and we had a winning record and then Old man Phil got upsent and put an end to all that winning stuff!
"Damn it, There are three sides to everything!!! And I want the triangle run!!!"
You finally connected the dots and figured it out!!! You must be heroic in some circles!!
I don't know if he put an end to it but it was right at that time that his criticisms in the media and twitter started happening.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
holfresh
Member: #1081

3/23/2017  6:03 PM

Check his bank account bi-weekly to admire the MSG deposits?

So now that rambis is coaching the offense and defense whats Jeffs role

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy