[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kp being overwhelmed by nba talent
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/23/2017  12:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/23/2017  1:03 AM
He was utterly destroyed two games in a row.
He is not balanced and undisciplined offensively and slow footed and weak defensively.
I'm not sure what position he plays right now

He tries to play like a 3 from either the 4-5 and is not a willing passer. He needs a lot of work.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/23/2017  1:08 AM
BRIGGS wrote:He was utterly destroyed two games in a row.
He is not balanced and undid plumed offensively and slow footer and weak defensively.
I'm not sure what position he plays he tries to play like a 3 from either the 4-5 and is but a willing passer. He needs a lot of work.

Gobert worked his way into this after 4 years of NBA seasoning. I had him on my fantasy team 2 years ago when he was a 2nd year player and he played like a bitch and was frustrating to own.

Even with KP trying to find his way and getting owned by Gobert tonight he still dropped 24-7. When KP is in his 4th year like Gobert I expect that same climb in strength, understanding and comfort.

Deandre Jordan didn't bring his game together until his 6th year in the league.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
3/23/2017  1:10 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
He is not balanced and undid plumed offensively and slow footer and weak defensively.
I'm not sure what position he plays he tries to play like a 3 from either the 4-5 and is but a willing passer. He needs a lot of work.

Gobert worked his way into this after 4 years of NBA seasoning. I had him on my fantasy team 2 years ago when he was a 2nd year player and he played like a bitch and was frustrating to own.

Even with KP trying to find his way and getting owned by Gobert tonight he still dropped 24-7. When KP is in his 4th year like Gobert I expect that same climb in strength, understanding and comfort.

WELL SAID!!! I was gonna say pretty much the same. Just imagine where KP and Willy will be when they get stronger???

TPercy
Member: #5748

3/23/2017  1:10 AM
What? You act like this was a KP vs Gobert the entire time...
The Future is Bright!
BRIGGS
3/23/2017  1:11 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Kp needs a lot of work.

RIP Crushalot😞
TPercy
Member: #5748

3/23/2017  1:16 AM
KP just gave Gobert 24, so much for being a top defensive player. He needs a lot of work too.
The Future is Bright!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/23/2017  1:18 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Kp needs a lot of work.

He wasn't even supposed to be able to CONTRIBUTE for years when we drafted him. You F'n know this so CUT IT OUT!!! KP has exceeded early expectations. He wasn't even supposed to be playing center for years because he was so skinny. Give him a chance to fill out for goodness sakes!

newyorknewyork
3/23/2017  1:21 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Kp needs a lot of work.

So did Gobert and many many others that grew into studs. With that said even though KP needs a lot of work and has been getting beat up in the paint. He still has produced 24-7 and 18-11 vs these more experienced and physically mature players. So if he is dropping that while needing a lot of work, imagine KP 2 years from now.

BRIGGS
3/23/2017  1:23 AM
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Kp needs a lot of work.

He wasn't even supposed to be able to CONTRIBUTE for years when we drafted him. You F'n know this so CUT IT OUT!!! KP has exceeded early expectations. He wasn't even supposed to be playing center for years because he was so skinny. Give him a chance to fill out for goodness sakes!

He needs multi years of physical work

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
3/23/2017  1:25 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Kp needs a lot of work.

So did Gobert and many many others that grew into studs. With that said even though KP needs a lot of work and has been getting beat up in the paint. He still has produced 24-7 and 18-11 vs these more experienced and physically mature players. So if he is dropping that while needing a lot of work, imagine KP 2 years from now.

Kp stats the last 2 games are "air" stats -- like you look at the boxscores and think what? You watched the game-- he was mauled

RIP Crushalot😞
MaulingandAppalling
Member: #884
3/23/2017  1:31 AM
KP is overrated, it's just that simple. He's a competent young player, but he gets outplayed every game. Certainly can't be the centerpiece of a rebuilding effort - good third or fourth option. Because he's so overrated right now, we could probably trade him for an elite point guard.
newyorknewyork
3/23/2017  1:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/23/2017  1:41 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Kp needs a lot of work.

Kp stats the last 2 games are "air" stats -- like you look at the boxscores and think what? You watched the game-- he was mauled

Yea I watched Gobert physically dominate the Knicks. I saw him grab rebounds and tip ins over KP like he wasn't even there. But again Gobert is in his 4th year in the league don't know how this is hard to comprehend. I have followed Gobert since owning him on my fantasy teams over the last 2 years. And he grew into this stud player after yrs of physical development and experience.

KP is still being productive while being physically over matched. Hassan Whiteside was also physically overmatched and lacked seasoning and was out of the league for 2 years at the age of 23-24 and yet has grown into the player he is. So imagine what he(KP) can do when he develops physically. At least KP has air stats to at least fall back on. I don't know if I can simplify it even more for you.

newyorknewyork
3/23/2017  2:12 AM
I know being Knicks fans that we aren't used to watching the tedious development of young players as they go through there growing pains.

But this is what it looks like.

stopstandthere
Member: #6004

3/23/2017  2:34 AM
So Knicks fans are not patient again.
BRIGGS
3/23/2017  2:36 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:I know being Knicks fans that we aren't used to watching the tedious development of young players as they go through there growing pains.

Yeah we've sucked for 15 years. Actually I'm old enough to have seen Patrick Ewing as a rookie and the development of the Knicks into a nice team for ten years. But we don't have the same management nor do we have Pat Riley

RIP Crushalot😞
blkexec
Member: #748
3/23/2017  3:07 AM
I said this year's ago when I first signed on, and everybody jumped on me. But this is why we can't build a youth movement on NY....Because of impatient and high expectation emotional fans like this.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
newyorknewyork
3/23/2017  3:25 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:I know being Knicks fans that we aren't used to watching the tedious development of young players as they go through there growing pains.

Yeah we've sucked for 15 years. Actually I'm old enough to have seen Patrick Ewing as a rookie and the development of the Knicks into a nice team for ten years. But we don't have the same management nor do we have Pat Riley

Ewing was a 23 yr old rookie with 4 years of college experience and a polished game coming into the league. They don't come to the league like that anymore. Knicks still didn't become a winning team until his 4 season.

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/23/2017  3:32 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Kp needs a lot of work.

He needs multi years of physical work

Of course, what 2nd year player doesn't? How do you think Dirk in his second year would have fared vs Gobert? You have zero patience for players we draft.

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/23/2017  3:44 AM
MaulingandAppalling wrote:KP is overrated, it's just that simple. He's a competent young player, but he gets outplayed every game. Certainly can't be the centerpiece of a rebuilding effort - good third or fourth option. Because he's so overrated right now, we could probably trade him for an elite point guard.

Some Knick fans are great! He is way ahead of where we thought he'd be at this point when we drafted him, but as is typical for 2nd year Knick players, some fans have decided he's a bum because they think we should just magic up instantly perfect players without putting in the time and support

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/23/2017  7:08 AM
He is not balanced and undisciplined offensively and slow footed and weak defensively.
I'm not sure what position he plays right now

He tries to play like a 3 from either the 4-5 and is not a willing passer. He needs a lot of work.

I disagree about the passing bit, but I think this is KPs problem right now - he is a '3' trapped in the body of a '5' that hasn't matured yet.

I see Durant being what we're hoping for from KP - and yes, no guarantees he matures and develops to that greatness. I'll take a poor man's Durant!

But I think it's fair to question- as a 7'3" player, will he be able to take players off the dribble like he tries?

Will be bulk up enough to be able to develop a post/interior game?

He could end up a tweener that puts up great numbers, but not a great player.

Kp being overwhelmed by nba talent

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy