[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The NBA's Secret Addiction
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/22/2017  3:16 AM
Must read article. Some really impressive reporting here.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/presents18931717/the-nba-secret-addiction

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/22/2017  8:49 AM
lol its great food. When I was playing baseball tournaments we would play back to back double headers. I either pitched or played CF. Often we would play 6+ hours of baseball under the summer sun. I would just buy a loaf of whole grain nut bread, grape jelly, skippy and make as many as that would yield. If you are a jock its a great mix of carbs and simple sugar but your blood sugar doesnt spike because the peanut butter's protein nitrogen balances the glycemic impact so its a nice delivery. A couple PB&Js and a bucket of ice coffee and I could play all day.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
USA
3/22/2017  10:32 AM
fishmike wrote:lol its great food. When I was playing baseball tournaments we would play back to back double headers. I either pitched or played CF. Often we would play 6+ hours of baseball under the summer sun. I would just buy a loaf of whole grain nut bread, grape jelly, skippy and make as many as that would yield. If you are a jock its a great mix of carbs and simple sugar but your blood sugar doesnt spike because the peanut butter's protein nitrogen balances the glycemic impact so its a nice delivery. A couple PB&Js and a bucket of ice coffee and I could play all day.

Yeah, definitely.

This was definitely news to me about the NBA though. I thought they'd be on some scientific protein shake diet. I wasn't kidding, I thought this was a great article.

¿ △ ?
fishmike
USA
3/22/2017  10:50 AM
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:lol its great food. When I was playing baseball tournaments we would play back to back double headers. I either pitched or played CF. Often we would play 6+ hours of baseball under the summer sun. I would just buy a loaf of whole grain nut bread, grape jelly, skippy and make as many as that would yield. If you are a jock its a great mix of carbs and simple sugar but your blood sugar doesnt spike because the peanut butter's protein nitrogen balances the glycemic impact so its a nice delivery. A couple PB&Js and a bucket of ice coffee and I could play all day.

Yeah, definitely.

This was definitely news to me about the NBA though. I thought they'd be on some scientific protein shake diet. I wasn't kidding, I thought this was a great article.

I am not surprised at all, but this is good food tech. Its just funny when it happens to be something simple as a PBJ. Add a couple bananas to that and you could go win a land war in Asia.

Its really easy to outsmart yourself with nutrition. I was really sick when I was 19. I was done with treatment when I was 20. I was 6'4 and weighed 137lbs. I was in the concentration camp zone. I started with push up and basic exercise before hitting the weights. 18 months late I was 190 and cut. I literally gained 50 lbs of muscle in about 18 month. Obviously not typical and that dramatic gain is only because of the nadir I started from. In my quest to get stronger I did protein shakes etc, but found them expensive and produced a variety of unpleasant stomach issues. Seemed like if I didnt have runs after my farts smelled like a septic truck crashed into your house. Eventually I settled on quick check, where a foot long tuna sub and a 1/4 gallon of milk was good for about 75 grams of protein and costed about six bucks. Literally 50lbs of muscle from tuna subs and skim milk.

93BUICK
Member: #1175
USA
3/22/2017  10:59 AM

Nitrogen balancing the glycemic impact! How about that-
No small sample size either.

If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
fishmike
USA
3/22/2017  11:38 AM
93BUICK wrote:

Nitrogen balancing the glycemic impact! How about that-
No small sample size either.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/22/2017  12:01 PM
Man this takes me back to my college years. I had to arrive at the university early because my parents were unable to take off of work on the day players were suppose to report to school and most of the school was closed including the caf. What made it So bad was my roomie was suppose to bring the fridge because I agreed to bring the TV so all I had was pbj sandwiches to eat for 3days untill they opened up the school for the football team. Lol.
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

3/23/2017  1:35 AM
crzymdups wrote:Must read article. Some really impressive reporting here.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/presents18931717/the-nba-secret-addiction

To my understanding, carb craving/specific food craving is a byproduct of regular steroid use.

Love the game itself, but who are we kidding, almost all of these guys are probably juiced up. The NBA has the weakest PED testing/enforcement strategy of all the major pro sports.

Are we going to believe that Kobe Bryant went to Germany just for this miraculous "blood spinning" procedure? Are we going to believe all the players posting photo of themselves dropping dramatic weight had nothing to do with the testing cycles the league mandates and pretty much lets players prepare to avoid getting caught.

The NBA at least knows how their bread is buttered ( or peanut buttered), you gotta get a 6'10 guy to jump over a KIA and dunk to sell tickets.

crzymdups
USA
3/23/2017  1:41 AM
TripleThreat wrote:

To my understanding, carb craving/specific food craving is a byproduct of regular steroid use.

Love the game itself, but who are we kidding, almost all of these guys are probably juiced up. The NBA has the weakest PED testing/enforcement strategy of all the major pro sports.

Are we going to believe that Kobe Bryant went to Germany just for this miraculous "blood spinning" procedure? Are we going to believe all the players posting photo of themselves dropping dramatic weight had nothing to do with the testing cycles the league mandates and pretty much lets players prepare to avoid getting caught.

The NBA at least knows how their bread is buttered ( or peanut buttered), you gotta get a 6'10 guy to jump over a KIA and dunk to sell tickets.

You think Steph Curry and Luke Walton are on steroids?

¿ △ ?
fishmike
USA
3/26/2017  10:28 AM
TripleThreat wrote:

yea man... its actually hard to see how one DOESNT equate the enjoyment and energy provided by a PB&J to steroid use. One would think people are just stumbling around here with blinders on. Amazing.
The NBA's Secret Addiction

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy