Looks like Willy and KP are nice a tandum
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/22/2017  10:23 AM
jrodmc wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Oh yeah a 14 foot, 2 inch tandem with 0 blocks last night.
Yeah, the HOF twin tower rim protectors of the future...

Never thought I would ever miss Robin Lopez this much...

You forgot to smile Einstein. Always shovel **** with a smile.

http://dailyknicks.com/2017/03/11/new-york-knicks-kristaps-porzingis-makes-history-2/

Only the 13th player in the history of the NBA to get 100 3 pointers and 100 blocks in the same season

And this little factoid suddenly makes KP and Billy into Bill Russell II & IIA, Mr. Nobel Peace Prize?

I found the LA game interesting because it would have been nice to see this "Twin Tower of Power" stop the 4 and 5 on the other team. That did not happen. Instead there's a thread jerking off about how great they are defensively. Did I talk about Melo's invisible defensive effort? No. Did I mention Melo at all? No; I don't have to, I know I can count on the braindead haters to do that for me.

KP and Rolo had one season together and led the league in rim defense. That's a fact. You, of course, resort to some tremendous NY snews article that doesn't even mention Billy in the midst of a season where the team is bottom 5 or worse defensively. Great work. How about this, Mr. Quantum Physics: we went from middle of the pack defensively as a team, to putrid road kill this season. Not exactly the time to be touting the glorious defensive abilities of anyone.

I just find the timing of some threads interesting.

Well I agree with you on this point jr. The Willy G KP sht is hype. Can they be teammates? yes Can they start together in this league--well not for atleast 5 years maybe never. You see how some people were saying cry cry that well we were playing against Blake and Deandre--well thats the reality of the league--either find two guards who can hit 7 3's a game each with fantastic defensive minded athletic role players--or like San Antonio--find 4-5 bIGS find the best synergy PG and SF with appropriate role players. Willy G is god in the David Lee back up role at San Antonio 20 minutes. Thats what Willy is David Lee euro

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

3/22/2017  10:30 AM
jrodmc wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

http://dailyknicks.com/2017/03/11/new-york-knicks-kristaps-porzingis-makes-history-2/

Only the 13th player in the history of the NBA to get 100 3 pointers and 100 blocks in the same season

And this little factoid suddenly makes KP and Billy into Bill Russell II & IIA, Mr. Nobel Peace Prize?

I found the LA game interesting because it would have been nice to see this "Twin Tower of Power" stop the 4 and 5 on the other team. That did not happen. Instead there's a thread jerking off about how great they are defensively. Did I talk about Melo's invisible defensive effort? No. Did I mention Melo at all? No; I don't have to, I know I can count on the braindead haters to do that for me.

KP and Rolo had one season together and led the league in rim defense. That's a fact. You, of course, resort to some tremendous NY snews article that doesn't even mention Billy in the midst of a season where the team is bottom 5 or worse defensively. Great work. How about this, Mr. Quantum Physics: we went from middle of the pack defensively as a team, to putrid road kill this season. Not exactly the time to be touting the glorious defensive abilities of anyone.

Whoa I understand the frustration but, call Phil and get some of that good peyote and pls calm down.

nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
3/22/2017  11:01 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Well I agree with you on this point jr. The Willy G KP sht is hype. Can they be teammates? yes Can they start together in this league--well not for atleast 5 years maybe never. You see how some people were saying cry cry that well we were playing against Blake and Deandre--well thats the reality of the league--either find two guards who can hit 7 3's a game each with fantastic defensive minded athletic role players--or like San Antonio--find 4-5 bIGS find the best synergy PG and SF with appropriate role players. Willy G is god in the David Lee back up role at San Antonio 20 minutes. Thats what Willy is David Lee euro

Your take seems to be missing some key factors. KP and Willy are 2 of the best defenders on the team statistically and they would be much better if not for the fact that the most of the rest of the team is PUTRID defensively!

The fact that Melo and Rose are so bad negatively impacts everyone else on the floor with them!!! Now KP and Willy have a LONG way to go in terms of Learning how to defend at the NBA level and also just maturing and getting stronger. Therefore I STRONGLY disagree with your take and I think it's very premature and lacks perspective.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/22/2017  2:08 PM
jrodmc wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Typical trolling response. No one has compare KP/Willy to Bill Russel nor is there a need for them to reach that level. This type of post is pure hyperbole.
You attacked their rim protection and used one single game as your basis for coming up with that opinion. If you are really into putrid roadkill - look no further than your own analyses

Then you made up some other accusations about the thread being created to brag about KP/Willy's defensive skills - which is horse**** in my opinion. Nowhere has the OP or anyone else suggested they are Bill Russel types.

All of this is noise, you are miserable because Willy/KP aren't adequate in compensating for complete lack of defense by Melo and Rose so you are trying to pro-actively shift the blame. Figures, you are Trump supporter, right?

Don't foregt to smile, Einstein.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/22/2017  2:43 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Im so glad with this level of patience you are not our GM. Projecting what a 22 year old rookie is with 60ish NBA games for his career is just dumb. This is your problem Briggs and why people rip on you at times. If it was up to you Rodney White and Shareef Adul Rahim would still be under contract.

A 20 minute a night career backup. Thats what he is. I will have fun with this one over the years to come.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/22/2017  3:41 PM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Im so glad with this level of patience you are not our GM. Projecting what a 22 year old rookie is with 60ish NBA games for his career is just dumb. This is your problem Briggs and why people rip on you at times. If it was up to you Rodney White and Shareef Adul Rahim would still be under contract.

A 20 minute a night career backup. Thats what he is. I will have fun with this one over the years to come.

No I like Willy G and I like KP but I don't think they can effectively play defense together
RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/22/2017  4:19 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

No I like Willy G and I like KP but I don't think they can effectively play defense together

Can they improve?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/22/2017  4:28 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fishmike
USA
3/22/2017  4:29 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

they dont now. They are young. You follow the league man... young bigs struggle on D. Willy Cauley Stein was the best defensive player in college and he's still learning by getting his ass handed to him most nights.

They ARE struggling on D. That is expected. What you look for is the ability to make adjustments and the tools to sustain those adjustments. You have basically said KP can never defend the 4 and Willy is a career backup. You said those things. Can KP ever be as good a defender as Dirk was at the 4? Is that feasible? Possible? Just wondering as that guy won a title and an MVP.

I just dont get why you would make statements like you do. These definitive projections about how guys are going to pan out. For all we know both KP and Willy turn out to be lemons and Chason Randle is here for 10+ years. You just never know. Nobody does. Starting threads about these thoughts is ridiculous. All the BB you have watched you should know better.

fishmike
USA
3/22/2017  4:36 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
is that a good thing? I think thats a negative in some ways. Like "passes defended" in the NFL. If you have a ton it means they are throwing at you. If you have very few passes defended (as many of the best corners do) it means they simply avoid you. I mean its the NBA.. how many uncontested shots are you giving up a night? I would say thats the real stat. Not sure what this stat really quanitifies
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/22/2017  6:13 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
is that a good thing? I think thats a negative in some ways. Like "passes defended" in the NFL. If you have a ton it means they are throwing at you. If you have very few passes defended (as many of the best corners do) it means they simply avoid you. I mean its the NBA.. how many uncontested shots are you giving up a night? I would say thats the real stat. Not sure what this stat really quanitifies

The Knicks give up 108.7ppg this season.

Last season they gave up 101.1ppg.

That's a massive difference.

¿ △ ?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/22/2017  6:50 PM
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The Knicks give up 108.7ppg this season.

Last season they gave up 101.1ppg.

That's a massive difference.

Can we normalize that by median number of possessions per game? Because that statistic leaves out the impact of pace at which the games are played.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

3/22/2017  6:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/22/2017  6:54 PM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Sorry, so "They are a nice tandem" is hoping they turn into one? As you said, can't judge with just 60 games. Only thing against your premise, besides only playing a few games together to judge, is that KP at 4 has proven to be an issue.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/23/2017  6:20 AM
Rudy Gobert had a career high 35 points, after barely avg 12 points. With KP at the 5, and willy on the bench the knicks where up 13, as soon as the paired willy/kp in the 2nd quarter, Gobert went to work.

Their defense is by far the worst in the league

ES
Looks like Willy and KP are nice a tandum

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy