[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Richaun Holmes Philly
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/20/2017  9:20 PM
This guy is going to be an absolute all star very soon in this league. Every time I watch the guy he is impressive. He blocks shots rebounds scores easy shoots out to 3 with nice form has speed passes the ball---hes way way better than Okafor. Hes a steal of a player--Philly wont trade him. You wont find many players in this draft with more talent. Athletic big men with talent is still a rare breed.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
ekstarks94
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6104

3/20/2017  9:51 PM
BRIGGS wrote:This guy is going to be an absolute all star very soon in this league. Every time I watch the guy he is impressive. He blocks shots rebounds scores easy shoots out to 3 with nice form has speed passes the ball---hes way way better than Okafor. Hes a steal of a player--Philly wont trade him. You wont find many players in this draft with more talent. Athletic big men with talent is still a rare breed.

Agreed...I always liked this guy...

Question is does philly have room for him playing time wise? They are going to have another round of talent infusion this draft...does he fall thru the cracks??

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/20/2017  9:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/20/2017  9:56 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:This guy is going to be an absolute all star very soon in this league. Every time I watch the guy he is impressive. He blocks shots rebounds scores easy shoots out to 3 with nice form has speed passes the ball---hes way way better than Okafor. Hes a steal of a player--Philly wont trade him. You wont find many players in this draft with more talent. Athletic big men with talent is still a rare breed.

Question is does philly have room for him playing time wise? They are going to have another round of talent infusion this draft...does he fall thru the cracks??

That's how you build a good team. Philly had quite a few young players that will fill key roles for them as guys get healthy and more experienced. They are the Knicks direct competition as far as rebuilding for the next generation. I want the Knicks to catch that wave.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
3/20/2017  10:29 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:

I tell you what--going around and trying to snatch NBA bench players who havent been given a chance is one helluva an avenue to potentially improve. The cost is usually not obstructive and the reward can be quite rewarding (risk/reward) You need to identify and execute.

RIP Crushalot😞
Chandler
Member: #6197

3/20/2017  11:34 PM
He's good but Willy is better. Better rebounder. Tough. Better footwork

Willys D needs to improve. I'll give him some slack since he's a rookie

(5)(5)
BRIGGS
3/20/2017  11:37 PM
Chandler wrote:He's good but Willy is better. Better rebounder. Tough. Better footwork

Willys D needs to improve. I'll give him some slack since he's a rookie

No way

RIP Crushalot😞
Chandler

3/20/2017  11:47 PM
Well we disagree. Maybe you're right and philly is just that stupid that they can't give him any burn because he's actually their secret weapon

I'll stick to my guns though. Holmes is a fine player but Willy is better

For what it's worth notorious Knicks bashers like Barkley and Reggie Raave about willy

(5)(5)
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/20/2017  11:48 PM
Chandler wrote:Well we disagree. Maybe you're right and philly is just that stupid that they can't give him any burn because he's actually their secret weapon

For what it's worth notorious Knicks bashers like Barkley and Reggie Raave about willy

Holmes had 24pts 14rebs 4ast 1blk tonight...

¿ △ ?
Chandler

3/21/2017  12:09 AM
crzymdups wrote:
Chandler wrote:Well we disagree. Maybe you're right and philly is just that stupid that they can't give him any burn because he's actually their secret weapon

Holmes had 24pts 14rebs 4ast 1blk tonight...

I'm not bashing him. I think Willy is waaay better and Holmes is fine but a career backup

(5)(5)
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

3/21/2017  12:30 AM

i concur. he is a better fit than okafor. i wouldnt say hes rare. if anything he is not the prototypical center - an athletic skinny big man who can run the floor, blocks shots, shoot and catch lobs. okafor is a dinosour

philly is paying him pennies

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
BRIGGS
3/21/2017  1:10 AM
callmened wrote:

i concur. he is a better fit than okafor. i wouldnt say hes rare. if anything he is not the prototypical center - an athletic skinny big man who can run the floor, blocks shots, shoot and catch lobs. okafor is a dinosour

philly is paying him pennies

I don't know if were talking about the same guy. Holmes is far from skinny-- my bet is he's 245-250 easy and quite muscular. He's got an explosive lift.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
3/21/2017  2:42 AM

If we saw a specimen like this at Duke right now and 21 years old with this guy's explosion at 6-10--hed be on the top 5 pick list. There is one player big and explosive like this in the draft--John Collins but hes not the shot blocker or defender that Holmes can be. Something has to give there--they cant keep ok4 embiid and Holmes?

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/21/2017  9:57 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

If we saw a specimen like this at Duke right now and 21 years old with this guy's explosion at 6-10--hed be on the top 5 pick list. There is one player big and explosive like this in the draft--John Collins but hes not the shot blocker or defender that Holmes can be. Something has to give there--they cant keep ok4 embiid and Holmes?

I like the athleticism and touch, but Orlando's defense is non-existent in this clip. You have to be careful this time of year, because stats become empty for teams like us, Orlando and Philly. Anyone remember Marry Collins? That said, I'm guessing Okafor is the odd man out, barring another scary Embiid injury.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
3/21/2017  2:46 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I like the athleticism and touch, but Orlando's defense is non-existent in this clip. You have to be careful this time of year, because stats become empty for teams like us, Orlando and Philly. Anyone remember Marry Collins? That said, I'm guessing Okafor is the odd man out, barring another scary Embiid injury.

No this guy has been doing this in his two years--everty time I see him hes awful good. He got stuck in the politics game--hes going to be behind embiid okafor and when he was there Noel. Hes just showing what he can do with extended time and hes been darn good. Hes explosive he plays defense he rebounds--hes a really good player. Hes someone we could put next to KP for the long term. Im not sold on KP--Willy--the defense synergy isnt there.

RIP Crushalot😞
Richaun Holmes Philly

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy