[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How frustrated are you with the Knicks
Author Thread
mattydiesel15
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6419

3/20/2017  3:16 PM
Alright, Knicks fans it's been three long months since we have seen the Knicks win back to back games. They will once again have a losing record for the season.

I have been frustrated with their terrible play and shared my frustration in my latest article and video that was done for Elite Sports NY. You can find the video and story below, but I am interested in hearing your guys take on the Knicks do you guys agree with me?

fair warning ads do appear in article

link to just the video

Link to article and video https://elitesportsny.com/2017/03/18/the-new-york-knicks-cant-put-together-a-winning-streak/

AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/20/2017  3:32 PM
I was angry and frustrated while we were losing all those games after playing great ball to start the season..... I'm over that now. I'm focused on the ncaa tourney and the draft.... I'm happy like a pig in slop
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/20/2017  3:45 PM
I was frustrated with how things never got better after the decent start. The only thing that remains is seeing our young players develop and unfortunately hoping for more losses to increase our chances of getting a STUD out of this Draft! Nothing else matters right now but getting the best Lottery spot possible.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

3/20/2017  4:01 PM
I'm frustrated that we didn't do a true rebuild years and years ago. by continuing to trade picks and bring on bloated contracts we kept setting ourselves back. Now we are finally getting on the right track by keeping our picks and looking toward the future. Id rather lose now and gain more for the future
reub
Member: #6227

3/20/2017  4:31 PM
We have all of our draft picks and we've been good with most of our limited selections recently. This is what gives me hope.
StarksEwing1

3/20/2017  4:34 PM
reub wrote:We have all of our draft picks and we've been good with most of our limited selections recently. This is what gives me hope.
That's true. KP and Willy have been two of our better moves in years. Ive always been a jerian grant fan despite his difficulty in the league. I feel bad for early. I feel he got unlucky with some injuries and the shooting incident.
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/20/2017  5:05 PM
I'm frustrated that they won't tank- they are risking wins we cannot afford, it maddening. To have gone through all of this and end up with the 9th pick would be a complete slap in the face.
StarksEwing1

3/20/2017  5:10 PM
smackeddog wrote:I'm frustrated that they won't tank- they are risking wins we cannot afford, it maddening. To have gone through all of this and end up with the 9th pick would be a complete slap in the face.
Yeah I have a feeling we will win some down the stretch and fall down to one of the 9-12 spots. in 2015 we got lucky with KP even though we still screwed up winning the lottery and getting Towns
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/20/2017  5:19 PM
The Knicks just lost twice to the Nets and you guys are seriously worried that they are not tanking and will somehow slip to the 9-12th spots?

If the Knicks win 1 game the rest of the season I would be astonished.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/20/2017  5:20 PM
Beat SAS one week, lose to Nets twice ensuing. wonders never cease.
StarksEwing1

3/20/2017  5:22 PM
martin wrote:The Knicks just lost twice to the Nets and you guys are seriously worried that they are not tanking and will somehow slip to the 9-12th spots?

If the Knicks win 1 game the rest of the season I would be astonished.

I guess I'm just paranoid martin. Ive seen them do it many times in the past. Even the 17 win season we won 2 of the last 3 I think and lost out on Towns. Luckily we got KP. Also the year Curry was drafted we did something similar
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/20/2017  6:17 PM
I am not frustrated, I think the team is finally turning the corner. Phil has set in motion a full rebuild. something Donnie Walsh should have started years ago.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/20/2017  6:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/20/2017  6:37 PM
I was very upset up until a month ago about all the losses. I hated how Melo and Rose were playing. High usage and low passing percentage, iso heavy ball. I hated how everyone, KP included, played on defense.

Now? It's looking like a blessing in disguise. We may be in position to draft a core player, like we already have in KP and Willy. Knicks may actually finally rebuild and within a few months time, may have 3 or 4 really good young players 23 and younger. Which would be the first time in forever that happened.

I tend to have bias to go for a 2 guard or point, more than any other talent in the draft. We need a ballhandling guard who can complement KP and Willy over the next few years. I don't know how good that kid from France will be, or Dennis Smith, or how good Monk is, or others. I'm not that kind of scout. I just hope that we land one of those guards, those ballhandling guards. Phil had it right with getting Jerian, KP and Willy all in one draft. We gotta get a much much better ballhandling guard than Jerian to get this longterm rebuild headed in the right direction. With Lee, Thomas, O'Quinn, Holiday, Baker. We have enough role players that can complement a big 3 of an attacking guard, KP and Willy, I can live with that for next season even if that team is in the lottery again - guess what we have the pick again.

nixluva
USA
3/20/2017  6:48 PM
nyknickzingis wrote: Phil had it right with getting Jerian, KP and Willy all in one draft. We gotta get a much much better ballhandling guard than Jerian to get this longterm rebuild headed in the right direction. With Lee, Thomas, O'Quinn, Holiday, Baker. We have enough role players that can complement a big 3 of an attacking guard, KP and Willy, I can live with that for next season even if that team is in the lottery again - guess what we have the pick again.

I think people tend to overlook what Phil tried to do in that draft! Now he gets another shot to add much needed talent in this draft. It's a crucial summer for the future of the team.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/20/2017  6:50 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I was very upset up until a month ago about all the losses. I hated how Melo and Rose were playing. High usage and low passing percentage, iso heavy ball. I hated how everyone, KP included, played on defense.

Now? It's looking like a blessing in disguise. We may be in position to draft a core player, like we already have in KP and Willy. Knicks may actually finally rebuild and within a few months time, may have 3 or 4 really good young players 23 and younger. Which would be the first time in forever that happened.

I tend to have bias to go for a 2 guard or point, more than any other talent in the draft. We need a ballhandling guard who can complement KP and Willy over the next few years. I don't know how good that kid from France will be, or Dennis Smith, or how good Monk is, or others. I'm not that kind of scout. I just hope that we land one of those guards, those ballhandling guards. Phil had it right with getting Jerian, KP and Willy all in one draft. We gotta get a much much better ballhandling guard than Jerian to get this longterm rebuild headed in the right direction. With Lee, Thomas, O'Quinn, Holiday, Baker. We have enough role players that can complement a big 3 of an attacking guard, KP and Willy, I can live with that for next season even if that team is in the lottery again - guess what we have the pick again.

KP and Willy cant be the 4-5 starters--wont work. They are simply not fast enough--you need to improve speed and athleti8c ability from that 4 slot so they guy can get out on shooters. We need a LOT of players. We did have a vet team here--so maybe the W=L are masked even worse than we think. You want to say Willy G can be used as the 4-5 back up--we can work with that. They(Knicks management) are still going to be gung ho on Noah) we have a LOT of trouble--we need pick #1 so the thought process is lessened.

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
USA
3/20/2017  6:57 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:I was very upset up until a month ago about all the losses. I hated how Melo and Rose were playing. High usage and low passing percentage, iso heavy ball. I hated how everyone, KP included, played on defense.

KP and Willy cant be the 4-5 starters--wont work. They are simply not fast enough--you need to improve speed and athleti8c ability from that 4 slot so they guy can get out on shooters. We need a LOT of players. We did have a vet team here--so maybe the W=L are masked even worse than we think. You want to say Willy G can be used as the 4-5 back up--we can work with that. They(Knicks management) are still going to be gung ho on Noah) we have a LOT of trouble--we need pick #1 so the thought process is lessened.

KP and Willy have actually played well together. It also depends on who we play. Not every team has a starting lineup that would be a problem for them. Plus as they develop I think they will present real problems for other teams to defend. I wouldn't be so quick to assume they won't work.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
3/20/2017  7:03 PM
My frustration stems from never really tanking for over the span of two decades now, this team has not known the importance of a good tank job. The lack of a drafting plan and constantly pursuing players that never made a difference. Just look at what Miami was able to accomplish by tanking for LeBron. They didn't get him but the consolation prize was anything better than what the Knicks have had since Ewing.

My God how stupid,is this organization that Inroot for. Phil is the only one who has somewhat taken an interest in the draft. I'm fed up with the band aid approach this organization has taken. I say F free agency want no part of it. I don't care for big names. I only care for players trying to make a name.

90sKnicks
Member: #6452

3/20/2017  7:22 PM
If we can find a way to go something like 3-10 or worse over the last 13 games, i wont be frustrated at all. If we go something like 5-8, 6-7, or 7-6 or even (gasp!) 8-5 or better then I'll be livid.

If at the end of this season, it has solidified that we wont resign Rose, we've gotten Melo to agree to waive his NTC, and we can get a Top 6 draft pick, then i actually think this has been a quite successful season.

magicTs
Member: #5564

3/20/2017  7:30 PM
90sKnicks wrote:If we can find a way to go something like 3-10 or worse over the last 13 games, i wont be frustrated at all. If we go something like 5-8, 6-7, or 7-6 or even (gasp!) 8-5 or better then I'll be livid.

If at the end of this season, it has solidified that we wont resign Rose, we've gotten Melo to agree to waive his NTC, and we can get a Top 6 draft pick, then i actually think this has been a quite successful season.

Have you looked at our schedule?????

How in the name of God do you think we are going to win 5,6,7 or 8 games. If we win more than 2 more I'll be amazed and extremely pissed. If we lose every game and maybe even go 1-12 only the Nets, Lakers and Suns will have a worse record than us. Given the respective schedules I'll be annoyed if we aren't the 4th worse team now.

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/21/2017  4:13 AM
Vmart wrote:My frustration stems from never really tanking for over the span of two decades now, this team has not known the importance of a good tank job. The lack of a drafting plan and constantly pursuing players that never made a difference. Just look at what Miami was able to accomplish by tanking for LeBron. They didn't get him but the consolation prize was anything better than what the Knicks have had since Ewing.

My God how stupid,is this organization that Inroot for. Phil is the only one who has somewhat taken an interest in the draft. I'm fed up with the band aid approach this organization has taken. I say F free agency want no part of it. I don't care for big names. I only care for players trying to make a name.

And look at the coverage he gets, which is why Knick GMs try to avoid it- it's stupid, but media and fans have to take some responsibility for it too.

How frustrated are you with the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy