[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Has Malik Monk's stock fallen?
Author Thread
bernard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #475
3/20/2017  1:10 PM
Some of the Mocks have us drafting him at 7 or 8. From what I'm seeing in the tournament, I say no thanks. Anyone who's watched him more than I think differently?
Looks to me like his ceiling is Jamal Crawford -- super-talented offensive player who's erratic, not a guy who makes teammates better, and not much to speak of on defense.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/20/2017  1:11 PM
I see the Crawford thing as well. He's a small SG who is expected to play PG. He's got red flags for me for sure.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/20/2017  1:13 PM
Much better shooter and athlete than crawford. He's more like eric gordon or bradley beal.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/20/2017  1:19 PM
I watched two games and he did very little. If the Euro PG is solid, I think we should take him
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

3/20/2017  1:22 PM
He’s shooting just 18 of 54 (33 percent) from the field and 5 of 22 (23 percent) from 3-point range in five postseason games dating back to the SEC Tournament. Subtract the postseason shooting woes and Monk is a 41 percent shooter from 3-point range.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/20/2017  1:24 PM
He had that one 47pt explosion, and I think people kinda overrated him at that point. His stock seemed to fall back to his more natural level after that. Maybe now people are almost underrating him. Watching Kentucky, he seems to not get anywhere near as many ballhandling opportunities as Fox and Briscoe.

I think Eric Gordon is fair as a comp... though Gordon has had so many injuries, it's hard to remember when he first came into the league, he was playing amazing ball.

I think the high end for Monk is a guy like Beal... he also has reminded me of Arenas at times.

I think he could be an explosive scorer, coming off screens and draining jumpers from all angles. He's supremely athletic. I think defense would be an issue because of his size at SG. He's not a PG... or at least he's not getting a chance to show those skills the way UK plays.

¿ △ ?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/20/2017  1:47 PM
JrZyHuStLa wrote:He’s shooting just 18 of 54 (33 percent) from the field and 5 of 22 (23 percent) from 3-point range in five postseason games dating back to the SEC Tournament. Subtract the postseason shooting woes and Monk is a 41 percent shooter from 3-point range.

Yeah, I hope his stock doesn't move up or down based solely on the NCAA tournament. It's like when GMs make horrible signings based off a stellar playoff performance and neglect the player's body of work for the season. It would be a little different he played in a smaller conference, but he plays in the SEC, Thetre's more than enough footage to gauge how he performed against high level talent. The real key will be the combines and pre-draft workouts. We're not one or two players away, so we should just go with the player we feel is most talented.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Has Malik Monk's stock fallen?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy