[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

TankThread: Can we do it again v Nets
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
3/16/2017  10:13 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:This is bad when we're leaning on our vets for heavy minutes at home against the worst team in the league trying to win a meaningless game and we still lose.

Melo 37 minutes
Lee 35 minutes
Thomas 34 minutes
Rose 33 minutes

What the heck are we doing?

TANKING BABY!!! Whatever the situation it no longer matters. This is about the draft now. There is nothing else. Like in the year we got KP it's better to completely fail than to be mediocre. That doesn't get you anywhere. This team has been on the edge of the best spots in the Lottery and we need every single Ping Pong Ball we can get. This team simply must rebuild. CLEARLY Rose and Melo aren't enough to make a difference. We must upgrade the talent level.
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/16/2017  10:14 PM
nixluva wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:This is bad when we're leaning on our vets for heavy minutes at home against the worst team in the league trying to win a meaningless game and we still lose.

Melo 37 minutes
Lee 35 minutes
Thomas 34 minutes
Rose 33 minutes

TANKING BABY!!! Whatever the situation it no longer matters. This is about the draft now. There is nothing else. Like in the year we got KP it's better to completely fail than to be mediocre. That doesn't get you anywhere. This team has been on the edge of the best spots in the Lottery and we need every single Ping Pong Ball we can get. This team simply must rebuild. CLEARLY Rose and Melo aren't enough to make a difference. We must upgrade the talent level.

Then why did they win against Indiana?

¿ △ ?
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/16/2017  10:15 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Melo 6-15
Rose 5-13

11-28 and high usage for both
Still offense is not the main problem. Defense is.
But Rose and Melo just can't get it done

Great for the tank if we lose this one

It sounds like you're saying offense is the problem?

Anyway, quality tank loss for the Knicks.

No defense has always been the major problem
But Rose n Melo add virtually nothing to the team on offense
Rose as a point guard 2 assists? Melo as the franchise player often shoots poorly ? These aren't rookie contracted players on 4 year deals for less than the MLE or even vet min money

Together Rose n Melo make 47 million and produce like combined 25 million level players. Can't wait to start fresh next year.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/16/2017  10:16 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

3/16/2017  10:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/16/2017  10:22 PM
nixluva wrote:

Melo 37 minutes
Lee 35 minutes
Thomas 34 minutes
Rose 33 minutes

I'm with you on that, but the point is: they're NOT tanking! They're trying to win these games! The Vets are logging heavy minutes; the young players are playing less. The end result is we're losing and tanking, but it's not an organizational decision. That's what's mind boggling about it.

nixluva
USA
3/16/2017  10:17 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Melo 37 minutes
Lee 35 minutes
Thomas 34 minutes
Rose 33 minutes

That was a FLUKE! Melo got hot and the Pacers just didn't have it. Overall this is the best thing for this team. Really tho i'm mostly kidding. They aren't trying to lose. It's just happening. No matter what the reason this is the best thing for this team. They're back in the #6 spot in the Lottery. I hope they can stay there and if Philly gets a few wins we might even get to #5.
SocraticBallin22

3/16/2017  10:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/16/2017  10:23 PM
martin wrote:

lol but it's a complete joke that the organization is not smart enough to know that it should tank but still is by playing the vets!

nyknickzingis

3/16/2017  10:19 PM
After this west coast trip a top 5 spot may be possible in the draft
Can't believe after the start of the season and the talent we put together (or we thought at the time) that's where we could draft but man what a major blessing it could be if we get another great talent in the draft

I'm not pro tank but still nice to see we have a great tool to improve this summer

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/16/2017  10:19 PM
Vets=Tank!

All season long

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
USA
3/16/2017  10:22 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:After this west coast trip a top 5 spot may be possible in the draft
Can't believe after the start of the season and the talent we put together (or we thought at the time) that's where we could draft but man what a major blessing it could be if we get another great talent in the draft

I'm not pro tank but still nice to see we have a great tool to improve this summer

IMO it's not so much about being Pro Tank. It's the only logical move for this team. They've tried Free Agency and it's produced nothing. At this point since we have our picks going forward, it's the only logical option left. They have 3 picks and who knows what else Phil may do this summer to try and upgrade the young talent on this team. IMO it's the right time to put the pedal to the metal on a Youth Movement.

SocraticBallin22

3/16/2017  10:24 PM
nixluva wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:After this west coast trip a top 5 spot may be possible in the draft

IMO it's not so much about being Pro Tank. It's the only logical move for this team. They've tried Free Agency and it's produced nothing. At this point since we have our picks going forward, it's the only logical option left. They have 3 picks and who knows what else Phil may do this summer to try and upgrade the young talent on this team. IMO it's the right time to put the pedal to the metal on a Youth Movement.

Youth movement? Then please explain to me Randle playing 6 minutes tonight and Willy 19?

nyknickzingis

3/16/2017  10:29 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Youth movement? Then please explain to me Randle playing 6 minutes tonight and Willy 19?

I actually love that all this losing happens with DRose and Melo
It takes the onus off the young players and puts it where it belongs - the big 2 of Rose and Melo are just horrible horrible together

That said it is also horrible coaching on D by Horny. We played this team just a game ago. No adjustments. Zilch.

nyknickzingis

3/16/2017  10:32 PM
Hornachek had a great look at what the Nets do just a game ago.
Yet I saw no changes or adjustments on defense
That I definitely agree with -no one in the media or fan base complaining about Hornacheks poor defensive coaching this year. Blame Rambis, but final call is on Horny as well. He doesn't make many adjustments during the game.
crzymdups
USA
3/16/2017  10:36 PM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Melo 37 minutes
Lee 35 minutes
Thomas 34 minutes
Rose 33 minutes

That was a FLUKE! Melo got hot and the Pacers just didn't have it. Overall this is the best thing for this team. Really tho i'm mostly kidding. They aren't trying to lose. It's just happening. No matter what the reason this is the best thing for this team. They're back in the #6 spot in the Lottery. I hope they can stay there and if Philly gets a few wins we might even get to #5.

I'm well aware it's the best thing for the team. I've been advocating for the tank since January.

The point is - they are not tanking. They're playing the vets heavy minutes. They just suck. And they're worse than ever with the triangle. I have no idea why this is reassuring to you on any front.

For one thing - it means management is not smart enough or realistic enough to tank.

For another thing - the system our leader is committed to against all logic makes us far worse.

Neither of these things are good signs.

¿ △ ?
reub
Member: #6227

3/16/2017  11:14 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I actually love that all this losing happens with DRose and Melo
It takes the onus off the young players and puts it where it belongs - the big 2 of Rose and Melo are just horrible horrible together

That said it is also horrible coaching on D by Horny. We played this team just a game ago. No adjustments. Zilch.

This should serve as notice to all that Melo and Rose are NOT good, winning basketball players. They are the real tank commanders and we have to move on from the both of them next year.

nixluva
USA
3/16/2017  11:19 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Melo 37 minutes
Lee 35 minutes
Thomas 34 minutes
Rose 33 minutes

I'm well aware it's the best thing for the team. I've been advocating for the tank since January.

The point is - they are not tanking. They're playing the vets heavy minutes. They just suck. And they're worse than ever with the triangle. I have no idea why this is reassuring to you on any front.

For one thing - it means management is not smart enough or realistic enough to tank.

For another thing - the system our leader is committed to against all logic makes us far worse.

If this all leads to a true STUD in this Draft I couldn't care less about all the side issues. What matters MOST in the NBA is the talent and makeup of your team. We desperately need better talent first and foremost. Get this team more legit 2 way talent and they'll win games!!!

crzymdups
USA
3/16/2017  11:20 PM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Melo 37 minutes
Lee 35 minutes
Thomas 34 minutes
Rose 33 minutes

If this all leads to a true STUD in this Draft I couldn't care less about all the side issues. What matters MOST in the NBA is the talent and makeup of your team. We desperately need better talent first and foremost. Get this team more legit 2 way talent and they'll win games!!!

Hey, I'm rooting for the same thing you are. But I'm worried that it actually means we're screwed.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
USA
3/16/2017  11:29 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Melo 37 minutes
Lee 35 minutes
Thomas 34 minutes
Rose 33 minutes

Hey, I'm rooting for the same thing you are. But I'm worried that it actually means we're screwed.

I'm not really worried about that. With better players they can execute better on both ends. It's going to make a big difference to have young explosive top tier talent. Guys that buy in and go hard as opposed to mailing it in.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/16/2017  11:37 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Hornachek had a great look at what the Nets do just a game ago.
Yet I saw no changes or adjustments on defense
That I definitely agree with -no one in the media or fan base complaining about Hornacheks poor defensive coaching this year. Blame Rambis, but final call is on Horny as well. He doesn't make many adjustments during the game.

I would not be surprised if Hornacek wants to get fired. I don't think he wants any part of this franchise and situation next year!

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/16/2017  11:53 PM
And to answer the thread title - YES WE CAN!!!!
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
TankThread: Can we do it again v Nets

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy