[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The more I think about it, the more I believe Josh Jackson is the guy we have to get in this draft.
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

3/20/2017  10:07 AM
My favorites in order:

Ball, Josh Jackson, Tatum, Euro PG and Fox.
Depending on where we pick and who's available that's how I would do it.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/20/2017  10:31 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:My favorites in order:

You take all those guys before Fultz?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/20/2017  10:36 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I would have been opposed to this idea until I saw him beast last night. He can ball and he has the looks of an NBA player. I hate to draft I guy who comes off the bench for Melo but, that said, maybe drafting his replacement gets him to waive his NTC

I don't want to let Melo dictate the future of this franchise in any way. Doing that led Phil to make the Rose and Noah moves.

IF Melo stays - next year I start Melo, Josh, KP on the frontline. Defensive terror with JJ and KP, Melo there for savvy veteran scoring and ref griping. I'd prefer to move Melo... but unless we want Austin Rivers and Jamal Crawford... I don't know if I see a fit out there.

And, yeah, we need some luck to get up to three to get Jackson... I'm praying we're due for some.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
3/20/2017  10:38 AM
fishmike wrote:

I think he's saying favorites, which I can get behind.

My favorites right now are: Josh Jackson, De'Aaron Fox, and Frank Ntilikina.

I know Lonzo Ball is probably the best overall choice, and Fultz might be the highest ceiling guard... but those guys above are my favorites.

¿ △ ?
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/20/2017  10:56 AM
crzymdups wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I would have been opposed to this idea until I saw him beast last night. He can ball and he has the looks of an NBA player. I hate to draft I guy who comes off the bench for Melo but, that said, maybe drafting his replacement gets him to waive his NTC

I don't want to let Melo dictate the future of this franchise in any way. Doing that led Phil to make the Rose and Noah moves.

IF Melo stays - next year I start Melo, Josh, KP on the frontline. Defensive terror with JJ and KP, Melo there for savvy veteran scoring and ref griping. I'd prefer to move Melo... but unless we want Austin Rivers and Jamal Crawford... I don't know if I see a fit out there.

And, yeah, we need some luck to get up to three to get Jackson... I'm praying we're due for some.

I don't either--my point was more that I'd hate to draft a top prospect and have him get restricted minutes because Melo is blocking his way. That said, it's a moot point now because I'm a BPA type of guy and I now too think he's an elite prospect. I didn't necessarily think that before. After watching him play last night it's clear he's a blue chipper

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

3/20/2017  12:22 PM
crzymdups wrote:
TLover wrote:I totally agree.. this dude would be the perfect compliment to KP. Lonzo Ball is a pure point guard that may not fit in triangle; plus his dad is a weirdo. Fultz scares me bc his college team was terrible.

Yeah, I would honestly think about taking Jackson #1 overall at this point. I can only pray we jump up to the top three. But we can help our cause by losing every game the rest of the way.

I would be ecstatic to land Jackson. If by luck we land the #1 overall, we should either select Ball or do a trade with the #3 team of Fultz for Jackson and a 2nd rounder. If we land the #2 we should take Ball.

Any of the top 3 players would be a franchise-changing draft for us when paired with KP. It would set up the Knicks for future contention. Plus we would have mega-cash once Melo and Rose are off the cap to pick up elite young role players coming off their rookie deals.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

3/20/2017  12:24 PM
crzymdups wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I think the Knicks will like the bigger players first Tatum Ball and Jackson. I think Ball for this franchise would be the easy choice for pic #1 even with the triangle because he fills a role that would stabilize the franhcise for 10+ years. Its just too much to pass on. And there are some really nice players up there. But youre talking high caliber brains on offense length on the ball on defense with a nice 3 point shot in a 6-6 package. Hes a franchise PG cant pass on him.

I like Ball's game and I wouldn't be mad if we took him, but his dad freaks me out. And I just see Jackson being such a perfect fit. But if we get either guy we should count our blessings.

His Dad is just a marketer, and doind a whacky (but effective) job at keeping his boys in the spotlight. He is all about the "brand" and what better places to manage that than either LA or NYC?

I am not afraid of him at all. Lonzo is a high-IQ player with supreme grace under pressure, and the smoothness of Clyde Frazier. He would be the best outcome this summer.

crzymdups
USA
3/20/2017  12:31 PM
Moonangie wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
TLover wrote:I totally agree.. this dude would be the perfect compliment to KP. Lonzo Ball is a pure point guard that may not fit in triangle; plus his dad is a weirdo. Fultz scares me bc his college team was terrible.

Yeah, I would honestly think about taking Jackson #1 overall at this point. I can only pray we jump up to the top three. But we can help our cause by losing every game the rest of the way.

I would be ecstatic to land Jackson. If by luck we land the #1 overall, we should either select Ball or do a trade with the #3 team of Fultz for Jackson and a 2nd rounder. If we land the #2 we should take Ball.

Any of the top 3 players would be a franchise-changing draft for us when paired with KP. It would set up the Knicks for future contention. Plus we would have mega-cash once Melo and Rose are off the cap to pick up elite young role players coming off their rookie deals.

Yes, agreed. Ball and Jackson would change our fortunes immensely going forward. Let us pray to those basketball gods. I have a slight preference for Jackson based on style, but I won't lie and say that Ball isn't every bit as much of a game changer and probably the better player.

¿ △ ?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/20/2017  12:32 PM
fishmike wrote:

I did very poor job of explaining my post.Monday, lack of coffee...blah blah
Those are my choices for different pick positions:

Picks 1or2: Take Ball
Picks 3or4: Take Josh Jackson or Tatum whoever is there (unless Ball/Fultz still there)
Picks 5-7 : Take Euro PG or Fox as available (unless any of top 4 still there)
Picks 8 ++: If no one above is availble and other top guys are gone as they should be take Monk

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
3/20/2017  1:46 PM
JJ is highly suitable and already built for the pros. I'd take JJ, Tatum and Fox in that order. Yet id love to secure a later first or early second and secure another 6-5-6-8" athlete who has been reflected - Thornwell could be a keeper
The more I think about it, the more I believe Josh Jackson is the guy we have to get in this draft.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy