[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The more I think about it, the more I believe Josh Jackson is the guy we have to get in this draft.
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/13/2017  8:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/13/2017  8:11 PM
Point forward. Defends. Passes. Slashes. Can lead the break. Long, rangy. Needs to work on his shot, but decent mechanics on his three. Can play the 2, the 3, or the 4. (Ideally the 3)

You put this guy on a frontline with KP and you are set on the frontline for years to come. He can play next to Melo if we keep Melo, but it's a move made with the idea of Melo having moved on.

I think this guy has star potential. Pippen potential in the Triangle. Great playmaker, can do everything well. He could be Kawhi or Pippen if developed right. His versatility in covering perimeter guys would allow KP to stay home in the paint.

Make it happen, Phil.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
USA
3/13/2017  8:19 PM
(Obviously this would take a top three pick. Trust in the tank and make sacrifices to your basketball gods as needed)
¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/13/2017  8:20 PM
I agree he'd be great, but the only way I see that happening is pure luck in the Lottery cuz I think he's gone in the top 3. I think the best we could end up is 5 and then it would be the luck of the balls.

His game is perfect for how we want to play.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/13/2017  8:22 PM
Agree completely man but we need some luck to move up no way we end up bottom 3 record wise.
TLover
Member: #381
USA
3/13/2017  8:23 PM
I totally agree.. this dude would be the perfect compliment to KP. Lonzo Ball is a pure point guard that may not fit in triangle; plus his dad is a weirdo. Fultz scares me bc his college team was terrible.
crzymdups
USA
3/13/2017  8:35 PM
TLover wrote:I totally agree.. this dude would be the perfect compliment to KP. Lonzo Ball is a pure point guard that may not fit in triangle; plus his dad is a weirdo. Fultz scares me bc his college team was terrible.

Yeah, I would honestly think about taking Jackson #1 overall at this point. I can only pray we jump up to the top three. But we can help our cause by losing every game the rest of the way.

¿ △ ?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/13/2017  8:37 PM
TLover wrote:I totally agree.. this dude would be the perfect compliment to KP. Lonzo Ball is a pure point guard that may not fit in triangle; plus his dad is a weirdo. Fultz scares me bc his college team was terrible.

I think Ball destiny is with the Lakers. Showtine 2.0.... Fultz does have big bust potential but I wouldn't be mad.

I have been thinking of Josh Jackson alot today as well. His ability to slide to the 2 spot is nice. We do have Lance and Kuz. Would be a nice mix. I can totally see Clyde having a field day with the rhyme. "JJ is dynamite!" 🤓

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
crzymdups
USA
3/13/2017  8:43 PM
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
3/13/2017  8:50 PM
¿ △ ?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/13/2017  8:56 PM
crzymdups wrote:

Yeah, I would honestly think about taking Jackson #1 overall at this point. I can only pray we jump up to the top three. But we can help our cause by losing every game the rest of the way.

its one of those odd times you feel great about picking 2nd. Fultz is the lock for #1, but if we move up in the lottery to 2 or 3 I see it as a blessing in disguise. So much pressure in NY and I think Ball or JJ are better fits.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/13/2017  9:10 PM
I think the Knicks will like the bigger players first Tatum Ball and Jackson. I think Ball for this franchise would be the easy choice for pic #1 even with the triangle because he fills a role that would stabilize the franhcise for 10+ years. Its just too much to pass on. And there are some really nice players up there. But youre talking high caliber brains on offense length on the ball on defense with a nice 3 point shot in a 6-6 package. Hes a franchise PG cant pass on him.
RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
USA
3/13/2017  9:17 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I think the Knicks will like the bigger players first Tatum Ball and Jackson. I think Ball for this franchise would be the easy choice for pic #1 even with the triangle because he fills a role that would stabilize the franhcise for 10+ years. Its just too much to pass on. And there are some really nice players up there. But youre talking high caliber brains on offense length on the ball on defense with a nice 3 point shot in a 6-6 package. Hes a franchise PG cant pass on him.

I like Ball's game and I wouldn't be mad if we took him, but his dad freaks me out. And I just see Jackson being such a perfect fit. But if we get either guy we should count our blessings.

¿ △ ?
90sKnicks
Member: #6452

3/13/2017  9:40 PM
Of all the top rated prospects, I could actually see him slipping a bit in the draft. Tatum, with a good tournament and a good combine, could overtake him as the top-rated SF and teams could shy away from Jackson because of the recent incident at school.

We see players' stocks change like this all the time. For the entire season 2 years ago, we heard Okafor was the clear cut #1. Then Towns was closing in on him and then Towns surpassed him. And Porzingis stocks rose right before the draft.

Ball and Fultz will both go in the Top 3 no matter what.

Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/13/2017  9:56 PM
I think SFs that have defensive range are the key to a good team. Absolutely want him.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/13/2017  10:35 PM
crzymdups wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I think the Knicks will like the bigger players first Tatum Ball and Jackson. I think Ball for this franchise would be the easy choice for pic #1 even with the triangle because he fills a role that would stabilize the franhcise for 10+ years. Its just too much to pass on. And there are some really nice players up there. But youre talking high caliber brains on offense length on the ball on defense with a nice 3 point shot in a 6-6 package. Hes a franchise PG cant pass on him.

I like Ball's game and I wouldn't be mad if we took him, but his dad freaks me out. And I just see Jackson being such a perfect fit. But if we get either guy we should count our blessings.

I agree. Im high on John Collins and no one else seems to be. I think hes a top 5 pick--a Horace Grant type of athletic PF with better offensive game. If we get one of the "top 6" Fox Tatum Ball Jackson Fultz Smith(dont love smith by the way) Id see what In could do to scoop up Collins later in rd 1. One of the "top" 6" gives us a guy who can make plays with the ball. The rest of the picks need to make us more athletically balanced.

If we dont get a top 5 pick we have to hope someone goes off the board with theirs. If we are pick 8 and those top 6 are gone--Id really think about trading down for Collins Brooks and Ojeyle(if it can be done). That would give us 3 big athletic players. Maybe not stars but this is team building 101 if we dont get a top 5 pick. That would give us an athletic 6-10 240 pd PF a 6-8 240 SF and a 6-7 225 pd SG--three BIG athletic guy we can inject into the triangle offense.

RIP Crushalot😞
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/13/2017  11:35 PM
Jackson is a very old freshman. He is already 20 years old. That's a slight negative for me when comparing him to the other prospects who are younger because you have to imagine how better they would be physically and mentally if they were a year older like Jackson.

I kind of want the Knicks to get the 3rd pick and then trade back with the kings for their top two picks. I'd even think about it if the Knicks had the #2 pick and the kings offered their entire draft. I'd also try to pry WCS away.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/14/2017  1:54 AM
Andrew wrote:I think SFs that have defensive range are the key to a good team. Absolutely want him.

Yes and also having that passing and creative scoring ability with the ball. It's such a key position as we've seen with this team. If you have versatility at SF along with that defensive presence it helps to glue your defense together. This is why i've been putting a SF at the top of the Knicks list. I hope it works out for the Knicks.

When you think about it. The real key for a lot of these teams is having multiple MOBILE SF/SG sized guys that are interchangeable and can cover multiple positions. Guys that are Long, Athletic at about 6-6, 6-7 or 6-8. Guys that can really move and stay with guards but also be a pest to bigger players using their quickness.

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/14/2017  6:38 AM
He's been my number 1 hope since I first saw his game. A top 3 pick and we're great- I'd be happy with any of the big three. I'd even be happy with Tatum. After that there's some reasonable uncertainty with each prospect. Here's hoping for a top 3 pick!
crzymdups
USA
3/14/2017  6:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/14/2017  7:00 AM
First click on tankathon.com this morning... I'll leave it like this for a while. This is the dream!

¿ △ ?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/14/2017  8:45 AM
crzymdups I think its just a weird fan thing. If you asked me who the best player was its Fultz, there is just no way around it. But if we pick 2-3 I think its Ball or Jackson and those are my 2 darlings. Ball is #1. His father is a whacko but not as bad as some would think, and he raised his kid to make other players better... literally. I think that is a Jason Kidd caliber player and if he's healthy eventually becomes a Ewing type of 2nd round for 10 years franchise guy. You add Ball to Willy and KP and you have a core you can really start to build around. Funny... Lance/Noah/Lee are the perfect defensive vet types to put around those guys. That is my dream to be honest. I would take him #1. Hard to pass on Fultz but a guy who's literally been raised to be a leader and make others better in a body with Ball's talent my god... I have to roll with that. Jackson I view less as that leader type, but he could really be another star wing... PG, Lenard, Kris Middleton... one of those great 2-way wing guys who defend everyone out there and kill you on offense. Jackson really has that kind of vibe for sure!

Even if we dont move up there will be very good players. Boy if we could drop to that 5th spot I would feel pretty good about my chances! Seems the best thing is to just run Melo/Rose out there for 40 a night

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
The more I think about it, the more I believe Josh Jackson is the guy we have to get in this draft.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy