[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

This game is making me SICK
Author Thread
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
8/15/2004  3:06 PM
Iverson AND Marbury belong there, IMO jefferson does not...replace him with michael redd
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
8/15/2004  3:08 PM
I was dissapointed in Marbury. Maybe he was told to pass all the time, but the guy just took it two dribbles past halfcourt and just passed the ball. I didn't see him breaking down the defense or really try to set anyone up for easy baskets. His streak shooting and ability to get to the rim would've been helpful for a team that couldn't score. You've got all one on one players out there anyway. Anyway, you obviously can blame other guys even more. Duncan, despite a great effort on the boards, missed a lot of shots close, missed a few FT's and got called for travels, and loose ball fouls. Odom was playing outstanding as well, but he fouled out and his last foul really put the momentum back with Puerto Rico. Iverson and Lebron just sorta sucked. Jefferson did well when he was slashing but couldn't make a shot or a free throw. Just ridiculous. Wade is the only who really played his game...
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/15/2004  3:11 PM
I hope Kidd is traded. Watching the Nets without him is gonna be hilariously entertaining!
NYK3
USA
8/15/2004  3:14 PM
if H20 was healthy they could def use him
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
8/15/2004  3:18 PM
Well, to absolutely no one's surprise, teams are really packing it in on defense. And team USA will be doing some packing of their own if they don't start hitting 18 footers. Ive only caught a few quarters of international action so far, but there are literally 4 to 5 guys in the lane on every drive. The problem is not only are we lacking in shooters but the guys we have aren't prepared to shoot. Our guys are passing up wide open jump shots and driving into a brick wall. Too much hesitation and rushing wide open shots.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
gunsnewing
USA
8/15/2004  3:21 PM
Someone made this post at another forum and I agree:

'this in the NBA. that makes me so fuking mad. they can't give up 1 month of their fuking long life for their country. what a shame. people r dying in Iraq for us. and they can't even go play for USA under this much security. i am embarassed.'

They all scheduled their Weddings in July & August so that they have an excuse not to play. I feel really bad for Larry Brown. He problably wasn't looking to coach this particular team.

NYK3
USA
8/15/2004  3:24 PM
I also agree
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
8/15/2004  3:44 PM
They are all overpaid lazy loosers who don't give a damn about there country, basketball or anything other then the green. This is just a disgrace. Total and absolute disgrace.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
NYK3
USA
8/15/2004  3:46 PM
simrud, are you talking about the guys on the team now or the players who turned down the invitation to play??
simrud
USA
8/15/2004  3:53 PM
All of them, the ones that are on the team don't give a f*uck either, they are playing without any desire. They are just there caue they thought they'd get an easy gold medal.
simrud
USA
8/15/2004  3:54 PM
All these pathetic streeball type players make me sick. They can all just dunk, can't shoot for there life. This team is as fake as the retarded AND1 tapes and the Harlem Globertroters.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
8/15/2004  4:35 PM
How about giving the Puerto Rican team some credit. They didn't play scared or tentative. They were aggressive throughout and took it to the US team. Arroyo played great and was easily the best player on the floor. Puerto Rico came out and won that game as a team.

As for the US team, it looks like they have a ton of talent but not the greatest team chemistry. They seem to have too many of the same type of players. Guys who need the ball on offense and don't know exactly what to do when they don't have it. Defensively they don't know how to play with each other yet and may never will in this tournament.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/15/2004  4:39 PM
what a shame. people r dying in Iraq for us. and they can't even go play for USA under this much security. i am embarassed.'

All I can say is that statement is horrible. How can you even compare the men and women risking their lives to protect this country to the people who entertain it.
If athletes don't want to take a chance (no matter how small it may be) then they shouldn't feel obliged to go and play in the Olympics.
It may be disappointing, but words such as "embarassment" or "disgrace" are out of line in this situation.
You people are taking this too seriously.

Well anyway, there's my two cents.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
8/15/2004  4:45 PM
Many of the other teams in the tournament are playing without their best players...

But the thing about basketball is that because it's a team sport, it's not about grabbing all of the best players--- it's about putting together the best team.

Tim Duncan perform at his best if he's not surrounded by players who can hit the outside shot. Surround him with players who can hit jumpers, and he'll be able to carry the team on his back.

The USA team needs some role players around them to keep their defenders honest. Boozer should be a good partner to match pair up with Duncan. Marion would seem to be an idea choice at SF--- he can run the floor, rebound, defend, and hit from outside. The lack of a SG w/ an outside touch is a little disturbing--- tho RJ looks like the best choice at that position (even tho he's technically a SF), since he's used to moving w/o the ball and filling in the gaps.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
mattinNH
Member: #695
8/15/2004  4:47 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:
what a shame. people r dying in Iraq for us. and they can't even go play for USA under this much security. i am embarassed.'

All I can say is that statement is horrible. How can you even compare the men and women risking their lives to protect this country to the people who entertain it.
If athletes don't want to take a chance (no matter how small it may be) then they shouldn't feel obliged to go and play in the Olympics.
It may be disappointing, but words such as "embarassment" or "disgrace" are out of line in this situation.
You people are taking this too seriously.

Well anyway, there's my two cents.

I'd have to agree. I think a certain desire is missing from the nba players to represent their country, when in every other sport, people are striving just for that honor. It's unfortunate. But I think this year will change things. When they will soon find out it's going to be a challenge to medal, there should be a better turn out next time.
mattinNH
Member: #695
8/15/2004  4:50 PM
What I really find surprising is the shooting %, not because it was bad, because I expected it be poor, but NOT THIS BAD. A FG%,FT%, 3pt%, like this just isn't acceptable from pro atheletes. How can you go 3/25 from 3 point land when it's only 20 feet away. I don't expect them to shoot the lights out because they just aren't the type of players to do so, but please be respectable!
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
8/15/2004  5:18 PM
20 ft is closer and would seem to be easier--- but fact is that NBA players don't EVER practice at that range! They'd be better off shooting a step behind the 3pt line.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
gunsnewing
USA
8/15/2004  5:39 PM
Posted by technomaster:

20 ft is closer and would seem to be easier--- but fact is that NBA players don't EVER practice at that range! They'd be better off shooting a step behind the 3pt line.

good point
simrud
USA
8/15/2004  5:44 PM
Oh please, who cares about the Puerto Rican team, no team made of NBA stars should ever loose. Or even come close to loosing. This is a DISGRACE no matter how you spin it. And representing your country is important and the fact that these lazy overpaid scumbags for the most don't even bother to show up is a freaking DISGRACE!!! There are no excuses for this, its just these really reach really immature ass@holes taking our money and disrespecting all of us with there conduct both on the domestic and world stage. They are a disgrace and an embarrassment to all Americans with there pathetic effort. None of them care even a tiny tidbit about there country. And yes you must go to the Olympics to represent your country if you have an ounce of integrity as an NBA player. For all the money and benefits you get from this country the least you can do is play in a dozen games once every 4 fu@ckin years!
Kwazimodal
Member: #728
8/15/2004  5:50 PM
Im not going to go down the list of USA players and comment on each one except for Marbury and Duncan.Marbury gets this rap about being selfish and he has been nothing but a team player.Right or wrong he is following his coach's intructions,a hall of fame,NBA champion,Olympic basketball head coach's instructions.Yes he could have played better but at least he wasnt looking to pad his stats first.

I criticized Duncan for missing some easy shots but overall as bad as things are now they would be a hell of alot worse without him on the team.I wish we had a whole team full of Tim Duncans.
This game is making me SICK

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy