Member: #2
USA
3/9/2017  10:18 AM
Chandler wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:KP trying to defend the Greek freak is a complete joke! These two players are on different stratospheres in terms of stardom.

You're an ASS! They're setting screens to get Giannis open and KP is not some guard or forward small enough to just guard someone like him on the perimeter like that. HE'S F'n 7-3.

Screens or no screens--his defense sucks! I've been consistently saying that for a while. Gotta be objective! Giannis is 22; KP is 21. They are light years apart in development. Truth!

They mentioned a stat the other day where opponents are shooting something like13 points lower in the paint w KP defending

He has issues on the perimeter for sure and which are understandable but to criticize his defense is wrong. Really is that the best you can do to cast blame?

His perimeter defense at the 4 is terrible. It has been all season. He's a little better at the 5, but he's not strong enough to defend the paint yet. Yes...he is a good off the ball defender with getting blocks, but he has trouble defending his man one on one. He needs to add strength in the off season to be able to bruise inside with the big boys. I'm a huge KP fan and think he's super talented with major upside, but his defense is bad right now. BTW, he's not the only one.

Sorry to disagree but your criticism is overblown. For sure he has stuff to work on but when the guy alters the game w his mere presence he's not a bad defender.

I suspect hakeem would have problems on the perimeter too

I thought KP's defense as a whole was bad. Got caught on the same screen multiple times and couldn't/didn't adjust. He still switches on to smaller players too easily. He is lucky the refs didn't call him for more fouls, he grabs, holds, pushes his opponents unnecessarily.

BUT perspective: he is a 7'3" center trying to guard on the perimeter. I'd like to see some more smarts out of him.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
3/9/2017  12:08 PM
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:KP trying to defend the Greek freak is a complete joke! These two players are on different stratospheres in terms of stardom.

You're an ASS! They're setting screens to get Giannis open and KP is not some guard or forward small enough to just guard someone like him on the perimeter like that. HE'S F'n 7-3.

Screens or no screens--his defense sucks! I've been consistently saying that for a while. Gotta be objective! Giannis is 22; KP is 21. They are light years apart in development. Truth!

They mentioned a stat the other day where opponents are shooting something like13 points lower in the paint w KP defending

He has issues on the perimeter for sure and which are understandable but to criticize his defense is wrong. Really is that the best you can do to cast blame?

His perimeter defense at the 4 is terrible. It has been all season. He's a little better at the 5, but he's not strong enough to defend the paint yet. Yes...he is a good off the ball defender with getting blocks, but he has trouble defending his man one on one. He needs to add strength in the off season to be able to bruise inside with the big boys. I'm a huge KP fan and think he's super talented with major upside, but his defense is bad right now. BTW, he's not the only one.

Sorry to disagree but your criticism is overblown. For sure he has stuff to work on but when the guy alters the game w his mere presence he's not a bad defender.

I thought KP's defense as a whole was bad. Got caught on the same screen multiple times and couldn't/didn't adjust. He still switches on to smaller players too easily. He is lucky the refs didn't call him for more fouls, he grabs, holds, pushes his opponents unnecessarily.

BUT perspective: he is a 7'3" center trying to guard on the perimeter. I'd like to see some more smarts out of him.

That was a new scenario for KP. I can't remember another team running a 4 as the ball handler PnR on him like that. He handled it poorly but I really don't think this is something we should expect KP to be great at. They use Giannis in a much different way than any other 6-11 guy usually is used except perhaps KD. Now when KP guarded Giannis straight up he actually did OK. KP was able to keep space and for Giannis into jump shots. There's reason they went with the screen IMO.

I think overall KP needs to be the backstop or help defender for the defense and not be stuck out on the perimeter like that. The Knicks did eventually change up and put LT on Giannis.

Kemet
Member: #6148

3/9/2017  1:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/9/2017  1:54 PM
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

That was a new scenario for KP. I can't remember another team running a 4 as the ball handler PnR on him like that. He handled it poorly but I really don't think this is something we should expect KP to be great at. They use Giannis in a much different way than any other 6-11 guy usually is used except perhaps KD. Now when KP guarded Giannis straight up he actually did OK. KP was able to keep space and for Giannis into jump shots. There's reason they went with the screen IMO.

I think overall KP needs to be the backstop or help defender for the defense and not be stuck out on the perimeter like that. The Knicks did eventually change up and put LT on Giannis.

KP defensive talent has been bad for two seasons from playing outside his 7.3 frame position .. KP are far from being athletically gifted as a 6.11 Giannis or 6.9 Lebron .. KP raw talent need to be tutored inside the paint and close to the basket his first 3 seasons in the league by a big-man coach 10 times better than Rambis, someone like Patrick Ewing or Rasheed Wallace or Charles Oakley .... Tanks to Phil Jackson

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/9/2017  3:13 PM
Kemet wrote:
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

KP defensive talent has been bad for two seasons from playing outside his 7.3 frame position .. KP are far from being athletically gifted as a 6.11 Giannis or 6.9 Lebron .. KP raw talent need to be tutored inside the paint and close to the basket his first 3 seasons in the league by a big-man coach 10 times better than Rambis, someone like Patrick Ewing or Rasheed Wallace or Charles Oakley .... Tanks to Phil Jackson

Go ahead and name the other 7-3 guys that could cross up Draymond and get to the rim from the perimeter??? KP is SPECIAL and just cuz he's not perfect yet isn't really a knock on him. Most analysts didn't even expect him to be this good for years!!! KP does need to continue to develop his game and his body. I just think he's at a good level given he seems like a slow developer physically.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/9/2017  9:27 PM
I just watched the first half. Willy looked really good. Giannis is amazing. I also loved the interview with Spree. Looking at the box score I am assuming Rose blows up in the second half.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/9/2017  10:21 PM
Crappy second half.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GameThread: Knicks at Bucks!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy