[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks at Bucks!
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
3/8/2017  10:10 PM
You see how LT bowled Dellavadova over when he tried to set that screen from behind him. KP is too tall and light for that.
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/8/2017  10:12 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Can't believe people can watch these games and value what Melo brings
Rose drives it at least has some value and it's a high percentage play

Melo holds the ball and then getting him the ball can be a challenge

Just kills the flow of the offense

Melo is good for the tank so that's the positive

Well he is confused about the direction the franchise is going. He needs to take his time to shoot, you don't want him shooting in the wring direction do you?

I mean the team had a 10 point lead playing a certain way
All of a sudden they stall and can't seem to move the ball
I don't wanna pick on Melo but it's almost always him there when the offense and ball movement stalls

Maybe Hornachek is just not the coach for him

Anyway Milwaukee is going to win this one but that way we handed the game and momentum in the 3rd really sums up our issues and season. Even when we play well we don't continue to do what's working and revert to Melo ball.

Good game for the tank.

YEP. We just deposited one hundred AIR-MELOs into the Tank Bank. CHA-CHING!!

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nixluva
USA
3/8/2017  10:16 PM
THE TANK IS ALIVE AND WELL!!!
Chandler
Member: #6197

3/8/2017  10:18 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:KP trying to defend the Greek freak is a complete joke! These two players are on different stratospheres in terms of stardom.

You're an ASS! They're setting screens to get Giannis open and KP is not some guard or forward small enough to just guard someone like him on the perimeter like that. HE'S F'n 7-3.

Screens or no screens--his defense sucks! I've been consistently saying that for a while. Gotta be objective! Giannis is 22; KP is 21. They are light years apart in development. Truth!

They mentioned a stat the other day where opponents are shooting something like13 points lower in the paint w KP defending

He has issues on the perimeter for sure and which are understandable but to criticize his defense is wrong. Really is that the best you can do to cast blame?

(5)(5)
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:the bucks are running the same 1/4 pick play and Rambis has not made an adjustment.

He finally switched LT onto Giannis.

They were still getting good looks when they switch. They should have started trapping Giannis but I am glad they did not because that would have been bad for the tank.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
This is the 2nd time that Melo has rested a game And then the team and him came out flat in the next game.

It's almost like the team gets used to playing without him and then he come back and the ball just stops. Happened in the 3rd. He was out they go up by 12. He come in and they lose.

I like this Rose. Just needs to TRY on D. He was passing more today.

I almost want to see this team with Rose and no Melo.

yellowboy90

3/8/2017  10:21 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:This is the 2nd time that Melo has rested a game And then the team and him came out flat in the next game.

It's almost like the team gets used to playing without him and then he come back and the ball just stops. Happened in the 3rd. He was out they go up by 12. He come in and they lose.

This would be okay except the knicks were moving the ball the 1st half. Like most games teams make adjustments at the half and the knicks do not. It was actually the bench and the knicks inability to defend one play that let the team down.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/8/2017  10:22 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:This is the 2nd time that Melo has rested a game And then the team and him came out flat in the next game.

Rose defense is something beyond bad. Calderon was lock down defender for us comparing to Rose.

Rose and Melo are playing the game one on 5. No wonder the team with them will lose.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

3/8/2017  10:23 PM
Chandler wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:KP trying to defend the Greek freak is a complete joke! These two players are on different stratospheres in terms of stardom.

You're an ASS! They're setting screens to get Giannis open and KP is not some guard or forward small enough to just guard someone like him on the perimeter like that. HE'S F'n 7-3.

Screens or no screens--his defense sucks! I've been consistently saying that for a while. Gotta be objective! Giannis is 22; KP is 21. They are light years apart in development. Truth!

They mentioned a stat the other day where opponents are shooting something like13 points lower in the paint w KP defending

He has issues on the perimeter for sure and which are understandable but to criticize his defense is wrong. Really is that the best you can do to cast blame?

His perimeter defense at the 4 is terrible. It has been all season. He's a little better at the 5, but he's not strong enough to defend the paint yet. Yes...he is a good off the ball defender with getting blocks, but he has trouble defending his man one on one. He needs to add strength in the off season to be able to bruise inside with the big boys. I'm a huge KP fan and think he's super talented with major upside, but his defense is bad right now. BTW, he's not the only one.

nixluva
USA
3/8/2017  10:23 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:the bucks are running the same 1/4 pick play and Rambis has not made an adjustment.

They were still getting good looks when they switch. They should have started trapping Giannis but I am glad they did not because that would have been bad for the tank.

I was thinking the same thing! Why the Knicks don't aggressively TRAP is very odd. It seems like something that would make so much sense.

yellowboy90

3/8/2017  10:26 PM
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I was thinking the same thing! Why the Knicks don't aggressively TRAP is very odd. It seems like something that would make so much sense.

Ask Rambis.

ScoreBot
3/8/2017  10:30 PM
FINAL
MIL 104 NYK 93
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

3/8/2017  10:31 PM
Knicks are the only team who really are not trying to tank by playing their old veterans heavy minutes in meaningless minutes, yet still lose. Last game, we went with the younger players--a la Randle--with Melo resting, and acutally won. Tonight no Randle and loss. You can't make it up. Breen said tonight we would have to go 14-4 and the Bulls 9-10 to make playoffs--virtually impossible. What a joke.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/8/2017  11:35 PM
nixluva wrote:

You're an ASS!
They're setting screens to get Giannis open and KP is not some guard or forward small enough to just guard someone like him on the perimeter like that. HE'S F'n 7-3.

nix man, don't need to start that way, you know better than that

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
USA
3/8/2017  11:42 PM
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:

You're an ASS!
They're setting screens to get Giannis open and KP is not some guard or forward small enough to just guard someone like him on the perimeter like that. HE'S F'n 7-3.

nix man, don't need to start that way, you know better than that

Yeah i'm sorry SocraticBallin22. That was over the top. I didn't need to go there.
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/9/2017  3:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/9/2017  3:24 AM

one is a fourth year player, the other is in his second year. Go compare their second year stats

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/9/2017  7:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/9/2017  7:35 AM
When KP was Giannis in 1 on 1 near the basket it was good.
When KP was out on the perimeter and a screen came, he was toast.

You can't ask KP to go over or under the screen and also catch up to Giannis.

Come on guys, is KP the greatest player of all time? He's a 7'3 Center. You guys want him to stop one of the most athletic 3's in the league off screens? Not going to happen.

I do not like Hornachek changing YET AGAIN a lineup without an explanation. KP, Thomas, Lee and Rose were starting the last few games. Doing pretty well. Maybe this last game against Orlando wasn't pretty, but in general Lance brought good things to the starting 5 and KP was defending 5's well and causing better spacing on O.

What does Horny do? Go back to KP at 4 against one of the most athletic freaks in the league.

I really like Hornachek's offense but man his decisions lack consistency. I recall Jennings once saying that Horny was all over the place. I agree with this criticism. Maybe it's the tanking/experimenting part of the season with the playoffs not happening. However he seemed to do this quite often this year. Just inexplicably pulling guys out of a specific role after a good game.

And no Randle? Come on. What is Hornachek thinking with that?

I do appreciate that Willy got some key minutes and a 13/12 game as a starting 5. So maybe Horny can say he was looking at player development there. But to me they had a nice thing going with KP/Melo/Thomas and to choose one of the most athletic teams in the league to play big makes little sense to me. The other thing is when KP plays 4, our spacing isn't as good and it's easier to stop Melo's isolations or double on Melo.

Atleast we gained some draft positioning and Willy had a big game a starter (For a rookie).
But I don't like the Willy/KP/Melo lineup as much as I like the KP/Thomas/Melo lineup. Maybe Willy/KP can play together on offense, but they can't match up well with Melo aside them. Not enough foot speed, not enough spacing as Melo likes to operate in the mid-range and mid-wing.

Just the season in a nutshell.

Chandler
Member: #6197

3/9/2017  8:01 AM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

His perimeter defense at the 4 is terrible. It has been all season. He's a little better at the 5, but he's not strong enough to defend the paint yet. Yes...he is a good off the ball defender with getting blocks, but he has trouble defending his man one on one. He needs to add strength in the off season to be able to bruise inside with the big boys. I'm a huge KP fan and think he's super talented with major upside, but his defense is bad right now. BTW, he's not the only one.

Sorry to disagree but your criticism is overblown. For sure he has stuff to work on but when the guy alters the game w his mere presence he's not a bad defender.

I suspect hakeem would have problems on the perimeter too

(5)(5)
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/9/2017  8:21 AM
smackeddog wrote:

one is a fourth year player, the other is in his second year. Go compare their second year stats

Exactly, That's how it works. But like most Knicks fans, instant superstardom is expected. Age and inexperience is irrelevant. If KP is playing like a star every game at this point, many will kick him to the curb. Such is life of the desperate and impatient.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

3/9/2017  8:41 AM
The Tank Lives...rejoice!
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GameThread: Knicks at Bucks!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy