USA
3/14/2017  10:06 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

3/14/2017  10:11 PM
Hard to comprehend that Minny picked Rubio, Lawson and Flynn ahead of Steph Curry. But that is the gist of hindsight! And Phil got to make 1 pick in 3 years, and they made it count.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
3/14/2017  10:13 PM
If Tatum is there you grab him. He's more athletic than Melo and if you can find someone who can fill the 3 for years and a potential all star with superior handle, grab him. Tatum Willy KP Lee and Lance, Noah, Baker, Randle. My assumption is Rose, Holiday, OQuinn, and Melo are history.
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

3/14/2017  10:27 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Hard to comprehend that Minny picked Rubio, Lawson and Flynn ahead of Steph Curry. But that is the gist of hindsight! And Phil got to make 1 pick in 3 years, and they made it count.

Lawson was picked in the late teens but I get your point. David Kahn was a jackass...and I'm not goo sure that Phil isn't too far behind.

NardDogNation

3/14/2017  10:29 PM
Seriously, WTF are we still winning games for? We legitimately have a chance to have one of the top 4 worze records in the league and a decent shot at no.1 overall. A Markelle Fultz with KP is the groundwork for a perennial contender and we're pissing it away!
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

3/14/2017  10:31 PM
Bad win tonight...I hate Indy as much as anyone, and this game shows that they are not a special team and that the East is pretty weak, but good golly, we needed to lose this game.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
magicTs
Member: #5564

3/14/2017  10:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/14/2017  10:45 PM
NardDogNation wrote:Seriously, WTF are we still winning games for? We legitimately have a chance to have one of the top 4 worze records in the league and a decent shot at no.1 overall. A Markelle Fultz with KP is the groundwork for a perennial contender and we're pissing it away!

It's just ineptitude on epic scales. Like nobody knows what they are doing. There is no accountability whatsoever. Jackson is paid a MILLION $ a month and has no cohesive plan. We should be ensuring however it is achieved we lose virtually every game and this was certainly one to add to the loss column. Instead we mount a ****ing meaningless fight back so that Melo can pad his stats. Just horrendous management. We actually deserve to be **** for eternity and mark my words these wins are going to cost us big time AGAIN. We are destined for years more mediocrity due to these complete clowns.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/14/2017  10:44 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Bad win tonight...I hate Indy as much as anyone, and this game shows that they are not a special team and that the East is pretty weak, but good golly, we needed to lose this game.

Worse is that Nets are up next and we'll probably be looking for revenge.
Would also be the first 2 game win streak since December.
If we win that, watch this team start talking about making the playoff push again
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/14/2017  10:46 PM
I have been of the impression that the Knicks do really want to win at home. I think it's probably not gonna bother the brass to lose on the road but those home games losses are kind of tough to stomach. Just a theory that of all the remaining games the Knicks will try the hardest to get some wins at home. They may win the next one too. The Nets coming to the Garden looks like a MAX effort game from the Knicks. After that I think the losses will start to pile up again.
nyknickzingis

3/14/2017  10:49 PM
nixluva wrote:I have been of the impression that the Knicks do really want to win at home. I think it's probably not gonna bother the brass to lose on the road but those home games losses are kind of tough to stomach. Just a theory that of all the remaining games the Knicks will try the hardest to get some wins at home. They may win the next one too. The Nets coming to the Garden looks like a MAX effort game from the Knicks. After that I think the losses will start to pile up again.

If that's true, and I think it is, we'll likely see this team hit 32 wins - a repeat of last year.
Could likely be in the 10th position. That was where I always thought we'd end up since the tank became obvious.
We're just too talented not too win these home games. We also have players with some pride (which is a good thing).
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

3/14/2017  10:51 PM
magicTs wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:Seriously, WTF are we still winning games for? We legitimately have a chance to have one of the top 4 worze records in the league and a decent shot at no.1 overall. A Markelle Fultz with KP is the groundwork for a perennial contender and we're pissing it away!

It's just ineptitude on epic scales. Like nobody knows what they are doing. There is no accountability whatsoever. Jackson is paid a MILLION $ a month and has no cohesive plan. We should be ensuring however it is achieved we lose virtually ever game and this was certainly one to add to the loss column. Instead we mount a ****ing meaningless fight back so that Melo can pad his stats. Just horrendous management. We actually deserve to be **** for eternity and mark my words these wins are going to cost us big time AGAIN. We are destined for years more mediocrity due to these complete clowns.

I want us to lose, but there is no way the guys on the court are going to dial back.

A guy like Rose is playing for a contract, while people like Baker and Randle are playing for future existence in the NBA. Willy loves to play...and is now able to strut his stuff with extended minutes.

Players play, and if they're on the court they want to win.

To be honest...the game showed how poor Indy is. No way they should lose to us.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
NardDogNation

3/14/2017  10:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/14/2017  10:53 PM
magicTs wrote:

It's just ineptitude on epic scales. Like nobody knows what they are doing. There is no accountability whatsoever. Jackson is paid a MILLION $ a month and has no cohesive plan. We should be ensuring however it is achieved we lose virtually ever game and this was certainly one to add to the loss column. Instead we mount a ****ing meaningless fight back so that Melo can pad his stats. Just horrendous management. We actually deserve to be **** for eternity and mark my words these wins are going to cost us big time AGAIN. We are destined for years more mediocrity due to these complete clowns.

It kills me that teams like the Lakers have already benched all their vets to "get a look at" their young players aka tank, yet we're pointlessly trying to save face.

Everyone knows we're also trying to move Melo, yet we're playing him big minutes and are running the possibility of destroying his trade value if he gets injured. Then we'll really be stuck with him, which is an evem worse alternative than keeping him around and hindering the growth of our youth. I swear, none of what we're doing makes sense!

As for Phil, we could havs bought the entire OKC front office for his annual salary alone. I think Presti only makes $5 million per and we know all his assistants probably don't come close to a fifth of that salary wise. Just imagine how much better our franchise would be run with a competent team like that one...yet we've opted for a significantly worse alternative at nearly double the price!

nyknickzingis

3/14/2017  11:03 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
magicTs wrote:

It kills me that teams like the Lakers have already benched all their vets to "get a look at" their young players aka tank, yet we're pointlessly trying to save face.

Everyone knows we're also trying to move Melo, yet we're playing him big minutes and are running the possibility of destroying his trade value if he gets injured. Then we'll really be stuck with him, which is an evem worse alternative than keeping him around and hindering the growth of our youth. I swear, none of what we're doing makes sense!

As for Phil, we could havs bought the entire OKC front office for his annual salary alone. I think Presti only makes $5 million per and we know all his assistants probably don't come close to a fifth of that salary wise. Just imagine how much better our franchise would be run with a competent team like that one...yet we've opted for a significantly worse alternative at nearly double the price!

Presti's entire game has been about the draft. He got Durant (and lost him because he could put together a winner) and Westbrook through the draft. Harden as well.

Presti is better than Phil. No doubt.

But tell me what Presti does with 1 lottery pick (1 first rounder) to work in 3 years. Please tell me this great plan Presti did in Seattle/OKC where he made them a winner without drafting superstar talent in the draft.

magicTs
Member: #5564

3/14/2017  11:13 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
magicTs wrote:

I want us to lose, but there is no way the guys on the court are going to dial back.

A guy like Rose is playing for a contract, while people like Baker and Randle are playing for future existence in the NBA. Willy loves to play...and is now able to strut his stuff with extended minutes.

Rose can go **** himself. We shouldn't even be giving him the game time to play for a contract. He's done nothing for us why do anything for him.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/14/2017  11:13 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
magicTs wrote:

Presti's entire game has been about the draft. He got Durant (and lost him because he could put together a winner) and Westbrook through the draft. Harden as well.

But tell me what Presti does with 1 lottery pick (1 first rounder) to work in 3 years. Please tell me this great plan Presti did in Seattle/OKC where he made them a winner without drafting superstar talent in the draft.

Presti has been there ten years and he has had three coaches. I think he inherited Carilismo and he was gone after his first year so it is almost like he only had two guys. He supports his coaches and gives them autonomy. That would be a great first step.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/14/2017  11:16 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
magicTs wrote:

and let's put this into perspective: Presti LOST Durant, traded away Ibaka for not very much and also traded Harden for nada.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/14/2017  11:18 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Hard to comprehend that Minny picked Rubio, Lawson and Flynn ahead of Steph Curry. But that is the gist of hindsight! And Phil got to make 1 pick in 3 years, and they made it count.

Lawson was picked in the late teens but I get your point. David Kahn was a jackass...and I'm not goo sure that Phil isn't too far behind.

Nothing Phil did or can do will come close to this -

They flipped Lawson for a draft pick.
Drafted Luke Babbit and traded him and Ryan Gomes for Martell Webster - Multiple surgeries later they released Webster.
Then they made a 47MM offer to Batum and later realized they didn't have enough cap space to make good on the offer.
To make cap room the bought out Webster and Darko(yeah that Darko). Then Portland matched their offer for Batum!!
Then they signed Brandon Roy out of retirement - he played 5 games and retired again

Remember Johnny Flynn? (I mean how many people have a Y and two Ns in both their first and last names???)
They traded him and the rights to donatas Montiejunas for the rights to Mirotic and Parsosns to teh Rockets.
Then sold Parsons BACK to the Rockets!!!!!

I SWEAR YOU CAN"T MAKE THIS STUFF UP

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
NardDogNation

3/14/2017  11:20 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
magicTs wrote:

He's shown the ability to acquire first round picks and made a name for himself early in his career of stockpiling first round picks. It's how he managed to get a pick to select guys like Serge Ibaka, Jeff Green, Eric Maynor, etc. I also think he's smart enough NOT to commit massive money or assets to guys like Joakim Noah and Derrick Rose.

NardDogNation

3/14/2017  11:21 PM
magicTs wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
magicTs wrote:

Rose can go **** himself. We shouldn't even be giving him the game time to play for a contract. He's done nothing for us why do anything for him.

Rose helps the tank. Play him as much as possible. Melo's the guy we should bench because we're a better team with him and need to protect his health should we decide to waive his NTC.

NardDogNation

3/14/2017  11:27 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Nothing Phil did or can do will come close to this -

They flipped Lawson for a draft pick.
Drafted Luke Babbit and traded him and Ryan Gomes for Martell Webster - Multiple surgeries later they released Webster.
Then they made a 47MM offer to Batum and later realized they didn't have enough cap space to make good on the offer.
To make cap room the bought out Webster and Darko(yeah that Darko). Then Portland matched their offer for Batum!!
Then they signed Brandon Roy out of retirement - he played 5 games and retired again

Remember Johnny Flynn? (I mean how many people have a Y and two Ns in both their first and last names???)
They traded him and the rights to donatas Montiejunas for the rights to Mirotic and Parsosns to teh Rockets.
Then sold Parsons BACK to the Rockets!!!!!

I SWEAR YOU CAN"T MAKE THIS STUFF UP

Kahn is no doubt worse but I also think he's had more of an opportunity to demonstrate how bad he is. Let's not forget that "our" guy traded away one of the best big men in the league (Tyson Chandler), whose style of play was en vogue, for one of the worst contracts in the league (Jose Calderon)...who would later require an asset to get rid of (Robin Lopez). "Our guy" is also the guy that picked someone like Cleanthony Early ahead of future superstar prospect Nikola Jokic. "Our guy" is the guy that gave Joakim Noah the 2nd worst contract in the league behind Chandler Parsons. "Our guy" is the guy that gave away assets for a one-year rental of Derrick Rose that most in the league knew was a terrible gamble from jumpstreet. If not for Kristaps Porzingis- who wouldn't have been picked had Okafor or Russell been available- Phil's tenure here would be considered an unmitigated disaster. I hope we get rid of him ASAP.

Let's get ready to .....TANK!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy