Let's get ready to .....TANK!
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

4/2/2017  6:59 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
90sKnicks wrote:At this point, it's ridiculous to play Carmelo another minute the rest of the season. There's 5 games left and we are out of the playoffs. You put him in against the Bulls or Raptors and he could carry us to a victory. Let him sit the rest of the season with Lance Thomas and Rose. If we win 2 or 3 over the final 5 games with them out of the lineup i can live with that. but i can't live with us winning 2 or 3 more games because of Melo lighting it up.

No idea what you ate watching, but playing Melo is our best chance for losing. He makes the offense dysfunctional and he doesn't play defense, because he is uh..."confused about his role". If he does heat up on any ine game he needs to be benched.

They need to not play him to help the tank. Did you see today's game? That is what next year will look like with hopefully a good rookie in the mix. Pencil the knicks in for next year's lottery as well.
Even with melo in we probably get crushed they usual1y defend him well
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

4/2/2017  8:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/2/2017  8:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
90sKnicks wrote:At this point, it's ridiculous to play Carmelo another minute the rest of the season. There's 5 games left and we are out of the playoffs. You put him in against the Bulls or Raptors and he could carry us to a victory. Let him sit the rest of the season with Lance Thomas and Rose. If we win 2 or 3 over the final 5 games with them out of the lineup i can live with that. but i can't live with us winning 2 or 3 more games because of Melo lighting it up.

No idea what you ate watching, but playing Melo is our best chance for losing. He makes the offense dysfunctional and he doesn't play defense, because he is uh..."confused about his role". If he does heat up on any ine game he needs to be benched.

They need to not play him to help the tank. Did you see today's game? That is what next year will look like with hopefully a good rookie in the mix. Pencil the knicks in for next year's lottery as well.

I watched a lot of games this season with Melo sucking the life out of the offense, and our record shows exactly what to expect. Playing Melo is the easiest way for us to lose, because Melo is a loser.

When this same team (without Melo) beat the Heat, you wrote it off as a meaningless win, now that they played badly you are basing the entire next season's forecast on this game? Got it, LOL.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
90sKnicks
Member: #6452

4/2/2017  9:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/2/2017  9:09 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

I watched a lot of games this season with Melo sucking the life out of the offense, and our record shows exactly what to expect. Playing Melo is the easiest way for us to lose, because Melo is a loser.

When this same team (without Melo) beat the Heat, you wrote it off as a meaningless win, now that they played badly you are basing the entire next season's forecast on this game? Got it, LOL.

I agree with you that playing Melo means you will lose more games than you will win over an extended period of time. That's the reason we win about 30 games every year with him. But there are 5 games left and we cannot afford any hero-ball wins which he probably would be good for in at least of the 5 games. We must go 0-5. Not 2-3 because of hero-ball.

I'm glad the Mavericks won today but was really wishing New Orleans had won as well to put them further away from us and to ground the Bulls a bit. The Bulls are due for a loss and the Knicks likely hand one to them on Tuesday night.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/2/2017  9:09 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Did you watch the Pistons game two games ago? The team looked fantastic that night. You can't go by one game. The team lost to the Heat the game before and the coach called them out. I am not sure where you are going here. Are you suggesting that the Knicks are sitting Melo because it gives them a better chance of winning? The Knicks are trying to tank. That is why he is not playing.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo

4/3/2017  12:07 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Did you watch the Pistons game two games ago? The team looked fantastic that night. You can't go by one game. The team lost to the Heat the game before and the coach called them out. I am not sure where you are going here. Are you suggesting that the Knicks are sitting Melo because it gives them a better chance of winning? The Knicks are trying to tank. That is why he is not playing.

You are the one trying to write off all of next season based on last night's game. I don't judge things on one game. Read my post, I said we are more likely to lose when Melo plays that's based on the whole season. Now if he suddenly starts going off in Q1 of any game, the coach can always pull him for the test of that game. But chances are good he will go 6-23 from the field for 20 points and give up more than that on the other side. Because that's who is.

So what I am saying is we should play the losers when we want to lose.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

4/3/2017  9:41 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Yes, that's the plan. But during our journey to the lottery next year, our yoots will be learning together, building cohesion, moving the ball (and without it), playing tough D, etc. Also, KP et al will be the leadership, not Melo/Rose. It is a CRITICAL step in the development of this program. And we will add a stud in 2018 draft.

I'm stoked!

magicTs
Member: #5564

4/3/2017  2:39 PM
Tank update. Looks to now be between us an these 4 for spots 4-8. Have listed all remaining fixtures in order. The 5th spot is still very much ours if we want it.

4) Magic 27-50
@ Cavs, Nets, Pacers, @ Bulls, Pistons

5) Sixers 28-49
Nets, Bulls, Bucks, Pacers, @ Knicks

6) Knicks 29-48
Bulls, Wizards, @ Grizzlies, Raptors, Sixers

7) Kings 30-47
Mavs, @ Lakers, Rockets, Suns, @ Clippers

8) Twolves 30-45
Blazers, @ Warriors, @ Blazers, @ Jazz, @ Lakers, Thunder, @ Rockets

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/3/2017  2:43 PM
magicTs wrote:Tank update. Looks to now be between us an these 4 for spots 4-8. Have listed all remaining fixtures in order. The 5th spot is still very much ours if we want it.

4) Magic 27-50

5) Sixers 28-49

6) Knicks 29-48

7) Kings 30-47

8) Twolves 30-45

Thank god the Wolves and Kings have those Lakers games. And Kings have a Suns game. Otherwise I think Orlando and Philly may lose out at this point. It'd be nice if Orlando beat the Nets at home. Not sure I see them winning another game though. Unless the Pistons are eliminated on that last day of the season and rest their stars - I could see the magic winning that one at home.

I don't know if I believe there's any way in hell we lose to the Sixers the last day. The other games I think we'll lose because those teams need them for playoffs positioning.

¿ △ ?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/3/2017  2:47 PM
crzymdups wrote:
magicTs wrote:Tank update. Looks to now be between us an these 4 for spots 4-8. Have listed all remaining fixtures in order. The 5th spot is still very much ours if we want it.

4) Magic 27-50

5) Sixers 28-49

6) Knicks 29-48

7) Kings 30-47

8) Twolves 30-45

Thank god the Wolves and Kings have those Lakers games. And Kings have a Suns game. Otherwise I think Orlando and Philly may lose out at this point. It'd be nice if Orlando beat the Nets at home. Not sure I see them winning another game though. Unless the Pistons are eliminated on that last day of the season and rest their stars - I could see the magic winning that one at home.

I don't know if I believe there's any way in hell we lose to the Sixers the last day. The other games I think we'll lose because those teams need them for playoffs positioning.

And to think I once had respect for your judgment!

On a serious note...never say never (except for this warning)!

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
magicTs

4/3/2017  2:55 PM
crzymdups wrote:

4) Magic 27-50

5) Sixers 28-49

6) Knicks 29-48

7) Kings 30-47

8) Twolves 30-45

Agreed. I think we would have to do something completely ridiculous now ourselves not to get the 6th spot at worst. I think that the Kings definitely beat the Suns and I'm hoping the Twolves at least win the Lakers game but also wonder if they might beat the Blazers tonight. Really hoping the Sixers beat the Nets tomorrow to draw level with us. Its been almost impossible to predict the twists and turns of this over the last week to 10 days but the fact is if we lose out we get the 5th spot and thats what we should be doing.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/3/2017  3:09 PM
magicTs wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

4) Magic 27-50

5) Sixers 28-49

6) Knicks 29-48

7) Kings 30-47

8) Twolves 30-45

Agreed. I think we would have to do something completely ridiculous now ourselves not to get the 6th spot at worst. I think that the Kings definitely beat the Suns and I'm hoping the Twolves at least win the Lakers game but also wonder if they might beat the Blazers tonight. Really hoping the Sixers beat the Nets tomorrow to draw level with us. Its been almost impossible to predict the twists and turns of this over the last week to 10 days but the fact is if we lose out we get the 5th spot and thats what we should be doing.

6 would be fine in this draft. 5 would be much better especially as I think there is nice jump in odds of winning the lottery.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
meloshouldgo

4/3/2017  3:30 PM
fishmike wrote:
magicTs wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

4) Magic 27-50

5) Sixers 28-49

6) Knicks 29-48

7) Kings 30-47

8) Twolves 30-45

6 would be fine in this draft. 5 would be much better especially as I think there is nice jump in odds of winning the lottery.

The Heat needed to win for their playoff position as well and yet we beat them. Maybe Jeff needs to pull KP/Billy if we start getting into ridiculous leads against playoff teams.

CrushAlot
USA
4/3/2017  4:24 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
fishmike wrote:
magicTs wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

4) Magic 27-50

5) Sixers 28-49

6) Knicks 29-48

7) Kings 30-47

8) Twolves 30-45

The Heat needed to win for their playoff position as well and yet we beat them. Maybe Jeff needs to pull KP/Billy if we start getting into ridiculous leads against playoff teams.

That or don't call out the team and say I wish you guys played like the heat right before they play the Heat.
I think there is a chance KP may start sitting some. He needed to be stretched a lot last game and seemed to be rubbing his back a bit. It certainly wouldn't hurt to keep him healthy and give more of the young core a chance to prove themselves.
magicTs

4/3/2017  9:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/3/2017  9:55 PM
magicTs wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

4) Magic 27-50

5) Sixers 28-49

6) Knicks 29-48

7) Kings 30-47

8) Twolves 30-45

Well, I called this one, Twolves hold on to beat Portland. Really good news for us, moves the Twolves 2 ahead and gives some breathing space.

Tomorrow evening could be a pivotal one. Lets hope we lose to the Bulls whilst the Sixers and Kings win at home to the Nets and Mavs respectively!

4) Magic 27-50

5) Sixers 28-49

6) Knicks 29-48

7) Kings 30-47

8) Twolves 31-45
@ Warriors, @ Blazers, @ Jazz, @ Lakers, Thunder, @ Rockets

90sKnicks

4/3/2017  10:18 PM
magicTs wrote:
Well, I called this one, Twolves hold on to beat Portland. Really good news for us, moves the Twolves 2 ahead and gives some breathing space.

Tomorrow evening could be a pivotal one. Lets hope we lose to the Bulls whilst the Sixers and Kings win at home to the Nets and Mavs respectively!

4) Magic 27-50

5) Sixers 28-49

6) Knicks 29-48

7) Kings 30-47

8) Twolves 31-45
@ Warriors, @ Blazers, @ Jazz, @ Lakers, Thunder, @ Rockets

Great update. So glad to hear the Wolves won tonight.

I agree tomorrow night vs. the Bulls is a huge game. The Bulls are unfortunately due for a loss and I think they lose to either the Knicks or the 76ers this week.

Hopefully the Wolves can beat the Lakers because i can't see Minnesota winning another game besides that. Hopefully the Kings can win 2 of their last 5. I hope the Knicks-Raptors game next week has significant meaning for the Raptors because otherwise i worry they will rest everyone. Hopefully, Lowry comes back this week and can get some good minutes next week.

The Knicks games I'm most worried about them winning are as follows in the following order:

Bulls - Knicks have done well against the Bulls and the Bulls are due for a loss and are not a good team and almost as much of a mess as the Knicks. I see the Knicks winning this game. It's such a Knicks thing to wind up doing. Outside of Butler, the Bulls don't have much.
Sixers - The 76ers have tanking down to a science i don't think you can expect to out-tank the masters of the tank
Raptors - if the Raptors care about this game then they should win, but their fate may already be locked by then and they may choose to rest their guys or not play them many minutes
Wizards - hopefully the Wizards show up and have the 1st or 2nd seed well within their sights
Grizzlies - hopefully the back-to-back and road game fatigues the Knicks and the Grizzlies are still ticked at the Knicks beating them back in November.

meloshouldgo

4/3/2017  11:06 PM
The only real interest is if we can draw level with the Sixers for the fifth. The Magic are almost out of reach. Hornacek better start coaching like he means it. If he screws up the tank anymore I'll start calling for his ass to be fired.
CrushAlot
USA
4/3/2017  11:42 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:The only real interest is if we can draw level with the Sixers for the fifth. The Magic are almost out of reach. Hornacek better start coaching like he means it. If he screws up the tank anymore I'll start calling for his ass to be fired.

More Kurt, the elixir for losses.
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/4/2017  5:36 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:The only real interest is if we can draw level with the Sixers for the fifth. The Magic are almost out of reach. Hornacek better start coaching like he means it. If he screws up the tank anymore I'll start calling for his ass to be fired.

I agree- we won't catch the magic (annoying as we had full control over our destiny but chose to beat them twice). Nets have been winning, so they will beat the Sixers. I don't think the sixers will win another game the rest of the season, including the one vs us.

90sKnicks

4/4/2017  7:47 PM
Man, the 76ers really have the tank down to perfection. such a thing of beauty if you are a Sixers fan. Meanwhile, the Knicks will play Melo tonight and put forth a spirited effort. Which franchise has a brighter future? The Sixers with Embiid, Simmons, and likely 2 top 5 picks in this year's draft or us with Willy and KP and a Top 8 pick?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/4/2017  8:05 PM
90sKnicks wrote:Man, the 76ers really have the tank down to perfection. such a thing of beauty if you are a Sixers fan. Meanwhile, the Knicks will play Melo tonight and put forth a spirited effort. Which franchise has a brighter future? The Sixers with Embiid, Simmons, and likely 2 top 5 picks in this year's draft or us with Willy and KP and a Top 8 pick?

I don't think there's any chance the NBA gives the Sixers the Lakers pick. Magic will be at the lottery ping pong ball night and he'll get that pick.

That said, the Sixers have Covington and Saric, too. The big question with them is the health of Simmons and Embiid. Simmons seemed like sort of a freak injury, but Embiid's seem constant.

¿ △ ?
Let's get ready to .....TANK!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy