Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
3/4/2017  9:02 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:This game just sums up our season

We play well for most of the game
Melo or Rose play poor down the stretch
We find a way to lose a close game

Sadly this is so true! We get a lot of flack for putting the blame on Melo and Rose but THAT'S EXACTLY WHO IS RESPONSIBLE!!!

AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/4/2017  10:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2017  10:48 AM
nixluva wrote:

Sadly this is so true! We get a lot of flack for putting the blame on Melo and Rose but THAT'S EXACTLY WHO IS RESPONSIBLE!!!

Rose played well
He drove and lost the ball on a questionable call that could have gone either way

Of the two I prefer Rose
He doesn't stall the offense by holding the ball too long
His assist rate is higher
He plays a game that fits modern NBA which is layups/inside or outside

Melo plays the game that is being phased out of the NBA which is midrange isolation

If we are sure we are trading Melo and Rose is willing to stay at current salary, I consider keeping Rose.

He could be the oldest starter on a younger team next year at 28.

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/4/2017  11:23 AM

Also add that the refs make up some BS on crucial plays!

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

3/4/2017  12:06 PM
Tank still intact. Thank you Melo and Rose. Well done.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/4/2017  12:12 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:KP has had 3 games where he has started at Center/5. The results have been mixed. He struggled on defense in the Jokic match up, but his man defense at 5 has been surprinsgly good. Where he gets beat up is the glass from what I've seen. His post defense is not bad and he stays infront of his man pretty well.

Statistically in the 3 games he has played as a starting 5/C he has averaged 19 points a game. It hasn't affected his scoring much. Value wise it's hard to pin point his true best impact position.

I really liked Lance Thomas effort. Such a winning basketball player. Courtney Lee is also real solid. Holiday had a horrible game.

I wish we could see what this team could have done with a Melo trade. Just to see Rose's full value, and what the team would play like without feeling the need to cater to Melo's style of play.

I am not pro tanking, but we have not won 2 straight games in over 2 months. This is a good sign for those interesting in a high draft pick. We keep screwing up games in the late end situations, led by Melo's 5th worst FG shooting in the 4th and the team's inconsistent defense, we likely will be able to not top 30 wins.

I like this SL and I think it has looked good. Melo didn't come thru in this game and got caught up with an EGO thing. They should've ran some Pin Down Screens for Melo rather than keep forcing ISO.

Rose needs to protect the ball better on his drives. The Sixers ripped the ball from Rose ALL NIGHT. We can't have our PG getting stripped repeatedly cuz he's too careless with the ball. All season Rose has kind of had this TO problem.

I wanted them to win and at the same time I wasn't mad that they lost. I'm ALL MESSED UP. LOL. I can't remember ever being in that kind of mental state.

If Melo will not decide to go somewhere it will be another 2 years of messed up Knicks bbal which is quite possible.

Too bad Phil gave him control of every situation and signed him to an almost untradeable contract with a huge trade kicker. Pennies on the dollar for trades, bad contracts, meddling, Rambis, archaic offense when the offense is in the top half of the league etc. Its on Melo!!! Wish I was simpatico with Phil like Noah.

In the end it's always about your best players!!! Can't get past the 82 games when looking for blame. The best players help lead their teams to wins. They lead by example if not in word. It's not about systems when you fail to beat sub .400 win teams. This ain't about Phil.

Yeah it is. Three resets. Three coaches. Phil drafted Willy and KP. Yeah!!! Phil wanted Okafor. Gaines wanted KP. The Knicks got lucky that Hinckie was feeling pressure. Phil hasn't been allowed to trade any picks before 2018 so all the Phil isn't trading picks aren't real up to now. Phil sucks. Because he hasn't messed up as bad as historically bad nba gms like Layden, Isiah, and Walsh while in NYC, doesn't mean that he isn't horrific. What other franchise is emphasizing an offense that features mid range shots and post play? Judging their players by their play in this system etc.? Freak attack? The nba has changed. That offense is inefficient.

Can understand your frustration but as someone who does not take your viewpoint, the way you are arguing your stance hurts itself by what you have put forward:

Three coaches.

Most GMs when they join a team do move on from the coach they inherit, and Mike Woodson falls into that category. Was he a Phil pick? No. Did he deserve another chance? Questionable (didn't make .500 the season following 54-28). Has Woodson got another head coaching job to back up the thought process that he is a darn good coach? Phil as picked Fisher and Hornacek; in hindsight Fisher was not a good pick (his first choice was Kerr and he almost got his guy). So three coaches? I guess technically he has had 4 under his tenure, didn't pick three, and his first definitely did not work out.

Phil wanted Okafor. Gaines wanted KP.

Thin, really thin. Phil wanted Greg Monroe! Phil wanted Frank Kaminsky! Phil wanted someone who could impact the team right away Justise Winslow! The list goes on. The Knicks, with Phil at the help, picked KP.

Phil hasn't been allowed to trade any picks before 2018 so all the Phil isn't trading picks aren't real up to now.

Lots of picks after 2018 Phil could have traded. And the bigger point in that is he has had 1 first rounder to work with in 3 years and may have come up with KP and Willy.

What other franchise is emphasizing an offense that features mid range shots and post play?

Phil has emphasized over and over that all he wants is System basketball and tapped a coach who emphasized modern NBA offense in his previous job with Phoenix. LOTS of teams have put elements of the Triangle in their offense, including SA and GS, yet when the Knicks do it, it is deemed bad. How does that equate?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/4/2017  1:18 PM
People knock the offense but Hornacek got Rose a PERFECT play right at the basket and he missed!!!

https://streamable.com/dvcn6

Melo missed his shot on a clear out. I mean at some point we can't blame the Triangle when guys are turning it over and missing great looks.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/4/2017  1:44 PM
Man, even with the foot thing, LT shooting 46% from downtown (which would lead the league in that category but he doesn't have enough makes - 82, he is 28-61 for season).

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/4/2017  2:40 PM
martin wrote:Man, even with the foot thing, LT shooting 46% from downtown (which would lead the league in that category but he doesn't have enough makes - 82, he is 28-61 for season).

Really annoyed me how quickly some people on these boards turned on him this season, especially when he had such a bad injury

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

3/4/2017  11:59 PM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:Man, even with the foot thing, LT shooting 46% from downtown (which would lead the league in that category but he doesn't have enough makes - 82, he is 28-61 for season).

Really annoyed me how quickly some people on these boards turned on him this season, especially when he had such a bad injury

Was playing great...on D and with his shot before last year's injury. His early issues this year clearly due to his feet...his shooting was poor...something is injuries would influence. We now see him looking more like he did last year pre-injury on the offensive end.

I never go after him because he's always been a gamer for us, and I figured his issues were injury related. Used to be a joke as a shooter...made himself into an efficient scorer in a short time.

Great to see him bouncing back. Hope his feet don't become an issue again.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Phudge the Tank! It's Playoffs or bust- Knicks @ Philly

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy