[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I took out the average top 10 pick
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/3/2017  6:08 AM
by combining 3 mock drafts--anyone with average position of less than 10 was omitted. Then I applied my own personal BPA and this is what I came up with 10-14--now this is on the basis than none of these other athletes are available

#4 John Collins PF/C 6-10 245 Wake Forest.

#11 Ky Bowman PG 6-1 190 Boston College

#13 Miles Bridges F 6-6 235 Michigan State

#14 Caleb Swanigan PF 6-8 260 Purdue

Staying with my own BPA(because I think its important in the NBA regardless of position--my pick between 10-14 would be John Collins

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/3/2017  7:20 AM
if we're not getting a top PG, we might as well trade back/out and get additional picks - that or try to move up and bundle our 2nd rounders to get into that top group for a PG.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/3/2017  8:46 AM
"Miles Bridges F 6-6 235 Michigan State"

This would be my pick. Very high on him, and think he's a great fit. Good chance of cracking the rotation as well right away

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/3/2017  12:39 PM
i gotta say, ive been watching more and more of donovan mitchell from louisville. if we have a pick in the later 1st round, i think he'd be pretty damn solid. alot of ben gordon (with serious hops) in that kid.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/3/2017  12:44 PM
fishmike wrote:"Miles Bridges F 6-6 235 Michigan State"

This would be my pick. Very high on him, and think he's a great fit. Good chance of cracking the rotation as well right away

Agreed. He's underrated because he's a tweener. He's a really good player. Every time i watch him i'm impressed. And he can shoot. He will be a player in a few years that people don't understand how he slipped out of the top 10. This draft is so strong that people are focusing too much on a couple of areas as reasons not to draft certain players. I would be happy with him. If we want to prioritize shooting, athleticism, and defense in our wing players, he's a great pick.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/3/2017  12:47 PM

I worry that he is really 6'6 in shoes and is more of a PF than SF. If he shoes up and measures in a 6'4.5 with out shoes and lacks a 7'0 reach he may have issues on the next level. In a lot of ways he reminds me of Jae Crowder coming out of Marquette but he lacks the foot speed of Jae and then if you compare him Draymond, he would lack length.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/3/2017  12:51 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:

I worry that he is really 6'6 in shoes and is more of a PF than SF. If he shoes up and measures in a 6'4.5 with out shoes and lacks a 7'0 reach he may have issues on the next level. In a lot of ways he reminds me of Jae Crowder coming out of Marquette but he lacks the foot speed of Jae and then if you compare him Draymond, he would lack length.

I think he's more athletic than Jae, and already a better shooter and shot creator. I see him being just fine as a SF at the next level, and being able to slide to smallball 4 when needed.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/3/2017  1:09 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:

Hey.. Landry Fields played most of his CBB at PF. I hear the concern. There are always going to be huge adjustments for these kids.

Its funny. Tweener was once a bad thing. Now you just switch "tweener" with "combo" and your good to go

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/23/2017  2:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/23/2017  2:44 PM
I was going back and looking at other possibilities that are within reason and possibly match what we want to do.

I go back to Caleb Swanigan--he doesnt match the profile of a PF who has speed but his physical profile 6-9 260 and the way he plays the game(highly cerebral and a FANTASTIC passing big--maybe we can match him up with KP a bit since he brings a stronger physical presence than Willy G with a LOT more skills especially with passing the ball.

Purdue really has two pro bigs---Swanigan probably the best passing big(although hes really just a 4) and then the only true C in this draft(if he comes out) and who is UNDER rated in Haas. 7-1 legit 295

Look at the big to big passing by Swanigan.

RIP Crushalot😞
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/24/2017  9:29 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I was going back and looking at other possibilities that are within reason and possibly match what we want to do.

I go back to Caleb Swanigan--he doesnt match the profile of a PF who has speed but his physical profile 6-9 260 and the way he plays the game(highly cerebral and a FANTASTIC passing big--maybe we can match him up with KP a bit since he brings a stronger physical presence than Willy G with a LOT more skills especially with passing the ball.

Purdue really has two pro bigs---Swanigan probably the best passing big(although hes really just a 4) and then the only true C in this draft(if he comes out) and who is UNDER rated in Haas. 7-1 legit 295

Look at the big to big passing by Swanigan.

Really good SI article on Caleb.
http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/02/15/caleb-swanigan-purdue-boilermakers-player-year
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
I took out the average top 10 pick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy