[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2017 free agency
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Posts: 50211
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
2/27/2017  9:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2017  10:37 AM
#1 Darren Collison 3 years 22.5mm
#2 Mike Beasley 3 years 21mm
#3 Tony Allen 2 years 15mm
#4 Larry Sanders 1 year 2.5mm

I would add Zach Randolph if I could for 1 year but hell be to expensive.

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Posts: 29358
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
2/27/2017  10:13 AM
Collison is a great option to split time with a rookie PG.
crzymdups
Posts: 52015
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/1/2004
Member: #671
USA
2/27/2017  10:26 AM

¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Posts: 50211
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
2/27/2017  10:29 AM
Knixkik wrote:Collison is a great option to split time with a rookie PG.

Absolutely--even if we dont draft a PG hes a good option.
I really like Beasley in unit #2. He has been a sleeper---more mature of a person and his game is following. In a league dominated by scoring--hes a GREAT 6th man.
Tony Allen is a thought--he can add defense where we lack it but also adds some athletic scoring and speed even at 35.

Larry Sanders--give or take--probably not00just a thought of a cheap 1 year shot blocker who could help our interior defense.

newyorker4ever
Posts: 26315
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/19/2014
Member: #5816

2/27/2017  10:41 AM
BRIGGS wrote:#1 Darren Collison 3 years 22.5mm
#2 Mike Beasley 3 years 21mm
#3 Tony Allen 2 years 15mm
#4 Larry Sanders 1 year 2.5mm

I would add Zach Randolph if I could for 1 year but hell be to expensive.

These are the types of names we'll be signing since we won't be getting any bigger names to sign with us but i don't see any 3 year or more signing unless the 3rd year is a team option cause we don't need any veterans on bigger contracts that would mess with the rebuild......unless rebuild isn't what Phil is actually thinking.

BRIGGS
Posts: 50211
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
2/27/2017  10:43 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:#1 Darren Collison 3 years 22.5mm
#2 Mike Beasley 3 years 21mm
#3 Tony Allen 2 years 15mm
#4 Larry Sanders 1 year 2.5mm

I would add Zach Randolph if I could for 1 year but hell be to expensive.

These are the types of names we'll be signing since we won't be getting any bigger names to sign with us but i don't see any 3 year or more signing unless the 3rd year is a team option cause we don't need any veterans on bigger contracts that would mess with the rebuild......unless rebuild isn't what Phil is actually thinking.

Im not a believer is a full rebuild. You need to mix and match player. But the two main guys here Beasley and Collison are in their 20's. If we have Melo--we still have to try.

smackeddog
Posts: 32714
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
2/27/2017  11:17 AM
BRIGGS wrote:#1 Darren Collison 3 years 22.5mm
#2 Mike Beasley 3 years 21mm
#3 Tony Allen 2 years 15mm
#4 Larry Sanders 1 year 2.5mm

I would add Zach Randolph if I could for 1 year but hell be to expensive.

the MLE is going to be $8.5mil, so good luck with that. plus why would Tony Allen go to a non-contender? Where is Beasley playing in the rotation?

BigRedDog
Posts: 21838
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 1/23/2004
Member: #569
2/27/2017  12:11 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:#1 Darren Collison 3 years 22.5mm
#2 Mike Beasley 3 years 21mm
#3 Tony Allen 2 years 15mm
#4 Larry Sanders 1 year 2.5mm

I would add Zach Randolph if I could for 1 year but hell be to expensive.

These are the types of names we'll be signing since we won't be getting any bigger names to sign with us but i don't see any 3 year or more signing unless the 3rd year is a team option cause we don't need any veterans on bigger contracts that would mess with the rebuild......unless rebuild isn't what Phil is actually thinking.

Im not a believer is a full rebuild. You need to mix and match player. But the two main guys here Beasley and Collison are in their 20's. If we have Melo--we still have to try.

Collison will be 30 by next yr

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
EnySpree
Posts: 44729
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

2/27/2017  12:19 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Collison is a great option to split time with a rookie PG.

Absolutely--even if we dont draft a PG hes a good option.
I really like Beasley in unit #2. He has been a sleeper---more mature of a person and his game is following. In a league dominated by scoring--hes a GREAT 6th man.
Tony Allen is a thought--he can add defense where we lack it but also adds some athletic scoring and speed even at 35.

Larry Sanders--give or take--probably not00just a thought of a cheap 1 year shot blocker who could help our interior defense.

So you answered my questions from the other thread.... I'm not even mad. Not sure if I agree or disagree. The collective group would be good to mix in with the draft picks we plan to bring in....

You know why I'm here....
LivingLegend
Posts: 21621
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 8/13/2007
Member: #1645

2/27/2017  12:58 PM
I would think the primary target next year will be to develop KP/Willy/Draft pick in the triangle while at the same time tanking for a TOP 3 pick.

If anything -- maybe you target a very young restricted free agent that might fit KP/Willy/Pick time frame (O-Porter) comes to mind but other than that -- not much reason to over-pay any mid-tier guys that might hurt the tank.

If we do this right we can be a Top 3 pick threat both in the 2018 and 2019 drafts -- KP would only be what 24? heading into the 2019/2020 season.

ESOMKnicks
Posts: 20340
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/14/2015
Member: #6064

2/27/2017  1:13 PM
Why can't we just sign a good passing and defending PG, draft Monk, and actually go full speed at competing for a chip while we still go Melo? The problem with the Knicks this season is that we had exactly 3 guys on the team who could actually shoot and our most talented passer was a center. The key culprit for our woes this season was Rose, whose game simply does not fit Hornacek's coaching philosophy or Melo's and KP's offensive potential. With a couple of better fitting guys we could have been immensely better and still can be.
Chandler
Posts: 22378
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

2/27/2017  1:16 PM
looks like a bunch of old and/or crazy guys. i'll pass. We need to cut down on mistakes. We're not close enough to benefit from an addition like Tony Allen.
DJMUSIC: Fisher talked a good game in Post game but aside from that Derek Fisher was ALL CHIT CHAT SH_t and produced nothing!
SupremeCommander
Posts: 32046
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

2/27/2017  1:25 PM
Chandler wrote:looks like a bunch of old and/or crazy guys. i'll pass. We need to cut down on mistakes. We're not close enough to benefit from an addition like Tony Allen.

I agree with this... we need to add to our youth movement, not suck minutes away from it

GustavBahler said: Check please....
callmened
Posts: 24448
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/26/2012
Member: #4234

2/27/2017  8:13 PM
Re: collison - ive always been a fan of his game. has been underrated thru the years. i just hate the thought of rooting for someone guilty of domestic violence

other than that - i agree with the sentiment of your post. spend cheap money on cheap vets that will keep this team unsuccessful so it can continue building thru the draft. if melo wants to stay for the rough times thats on him

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
VCoug
Posts: 24803
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/28/2007
Member: #1406

2/27/2017  10:21 PM
BRIGGS wrote:#1 Darren Collison 3 years 22.5mm
#2 Mike Beasley 3 years 21mm
#3 Tony Allen 2 years 15mm
#4 Larry Sanders 1 year 2.5mm

I would add Zach Randolph if I could for 1 year but hell be to expensive.

1. Darren Collison - I guess but I don't see the point. I guess he could be worth something in a trade eventually.

2. Mike Beasley - Why in god's name are we signing a barely league average player to anything other than a 1-year deal? And he's already 28.

3. Why the hell is Tony Allen coming here? He's 35 years old and near the end of his career? Why isn't he going somewhere to try to win a title before he retires?

4. lol

Knicksfans Forzingis!
BRIGGS
Posts: 50211
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
2/27/2017  10:51 PM
VCoug wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:#1 Darren Collison 3 years 22.5mm
#2 Mike Beasley 3 years 21mm
#3 Tony Allen 2 years 15mm
#4 Larry Sanders 1 year 2.5mm

I would add Zach Randolph if I could for 1 year but hell be to expensive.

1. Darren Collison - I guess but I don't see the point. I guess he could be worth something in a trade eventually.

2. Mike Beasley - Why in god's name are we signing a barely league average player to anything other than a 1-year deal? And he's already 28.

3. Why the hell is Tony Allen coming here? He's 35 years old and near the end of his career? Why isn't he going somewhere to try to win a title before he retires?

4. lol

Actually Collison and Beasley would be fine enough--although Beasley looks pretty hurt after tonight. Ive been watching Beasley and hes worth an MLE. He could taking serious scoring load off that unit #2

callmened
Posts: 24448
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/26/2012
Member: #4234

2/27/2017  11:39 PM
i agree with BRIGGS here: beasley is decent. good enough to play alot of mins but not good enough to win meaningful games. same with collison - who should be used as a vet back up

no way tony allen comes to a loser team like the knicks unless he gets paid THRU the roof.

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
EnySpree
Posts: 44729
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

2/28/2017  7:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/28/2017  7:38 AM
LivingLegend wrote:I would think the primary target next year will be to develop KP/Willy/Draft pick in the triangle while at the same time tanking for a TOP 3 pick.

If anything -- maybe you target a very young restricted free agent that might fit KP/Willy/Pick time frame (O-Porter) comes to mind but other than that -- not much reason to over-pay any mid-tier guys that might hurt the tank.

If we do this right we can be a Top 3 pick threat both in the 2018 and 2019 drafts -- KP would only be what 24? heading into the 2019/2020 season.

That's the idea in my opinion... we have no reason to deviate from the draft plan.

Everything else like signing players depends on who we end up drafting. I like Porter but the kid probably will resign with the Wizards

You know why I'm here....
EnySpree
Posts: 44729
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

2/28/2017  7:34 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:Why can't we just sign a good passing and defending PG, draft Monk, and actually go full speed at competing for a chip while we still go Melo? The problem with the Knicks this season is that we had exactly 3 guys on the team who could actually shoot and our most talented passer was a center. The key culprit for our woes this season was Rose, whose game simply does not fit Hornacek's coaching philosophy or Melo's and KP's offensive potential. With a couple of better fitting guys we could have been immensely better and still can be.

Melo dictates the whole thing. If he wants to stay he has to be willing to deal with these rookies coming in. If we draft Monk than maybe we could sign a point guard if we can. The Knicks might actually be better off drafting Tatum from a leadership standpoint. KP, Willy, tatum just sounds like a good foundation to build off. So many variables this off season

You know why I'm here....
newyorknewyork
Posts: 27612
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
2/28/2017  7:41 AM
Collison was in prime position this year in a contract year and handed the starting spot to shine. Yet he has sucked for majority of the year. Maybe never fully recovering from injury.
2017 free agency

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.