[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Question to all N.Y. fans.....
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
8/13/2004  3:49 PM
You have the nerves to call anyone dumb??????

Posted by djsunyc:

but fish, you dumb bastard, isiah has put us in salary cap hell for the next 10 years. we have no draft picks and absolutely no way to improve this team. i look at us having an upside of 42 wins and a downside of 38. but regardless, we're stuck in mediocre hell. 1 round, maybe 2 and we're out. we probably should've just torn the whole thing down after ewing and rebuilt with cap space and draft picks, like chicago and atlanta.

whoa...total out of body experience there...note to self, NEVER drink grape kool-aid.

win win win - that solves all questions and doubts. i do believe though that if we can get out of the gate quick, we can win 50 games like detroit did 2 years ago. i'm pretty excited about this squad, especially the fact that we're more of a complete squad now than we've been in years.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
iGotNext
Member: #592
USA
8/13/2004  4:03 PM
Ideally, a team captain should possess leadership qualities and be respected by team mates and the coaching staff. The captain should also have a clear understanding of the coaching philosophy. Captain denotes "leader" and is typically a veteran who knows the ropes and rules of engagement both on and off the court. Someone capable to guide his team mates through on and off court adversity.

Many of you might see Allan Houston (as well as Marbs and Penny) as lacking leadership qualities because he is not in your face or as verbally and physically demonstrative as say Kurt (2 Techs's) Thomas or TT (2 Lazy 2 rebound Gazy), but I disagree, I think that Allan, Penny and Marbs are very disciplined principled individuals who exudes quiet confidence publicly but whose actions speak louder than words. I see Allan as a veteran leader, more so than Marbs who by the definition of his position as a point guard requires, a "me second" approach, if you think in terms of a "pure" point. Marbs is a score first point, but he is making strides.

A true leader leads by example. Practices hard, doesn't complain, comes in and gives 200 % everytime on the floor and does what needs to be done and maintains an optimistic attitude in the face of adversity and has learned to overcome obstacles. This is where a leader shines. Even if he lacks physical skills, it is the ability to motivate and inspire others and get them to work together as a cohesive unit. That is chemistry.

I totally agree with fishmike: "Lets see Lenny push these guys to play together and be unselfish. Right now he's the most important captain we have."

I see Allan, and Penny as the captains of this Knicks team. I don't see TT as a leader. Leaders don't run their mouth, while sitting on there butt or cry to the media about the big bad wolf. What I would like to see more from from Tiny Tim Gazy, considering the talent he has, is more aggression and penetration in the hole, to get the opposing defenders in foul trouble, while getting TT to the charity stripe. Also would like to hear him less and see him get some more rebounds.

As currently comprised, this team has the potential to win the division, and do some damage in the playoffs, but potential does not translate into wins.
I have a new name for my beloved Brickerbockers, the "Apple turnovers"
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/13/2004  4:04 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

but fish, you dumb bastard, isiah has put us in salary cap hell for the next 10 years. we have no draft picks and absolutely no way to improve this team. i look at us having an upside of 42 wins and a downside of 38. but regardless, we're stuck in mediocre hell. 1 round, maybe 2 and we're out. we probably should've just torn the whole thing down after ewing and rebuilt with cap space and draft picks, like chicago and atlanta.

I disagree. Laydog moved the knicks further in salary cap hell and Isiah is doing the best he can with what he's got. He was hired to make the Knicks a better team, not to sit for 4 years and watch Houston and the rest come off the cap and THEN start rebuilding.

The team's talent level has gone up. We are younger. We are more talented. We are more athletic. We are taller. All of that and more has been established AFTER Isiah arrived.

The team is over the cap and it will be like that for the foreseeable future - like 7-10 years. No big deal, you work with what you got. Next year Zeke has got $40M or so to work with, which could net the likes of Kenyon Martin or SAR/Theo. I like those prospects.
whoa...total out of body experience there...note to self, NEVER drink grape kool-aid.

I am like 2 hours away from some really good kook-aid. Happy Hour baby.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
8/13/2004  4:08 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by djsunyc:

win win win - that solves all questions and doubts. i do believe though that if we can get out of the gate quick, we can win 50 games like detroit did 2 years ago. i'm pretty excited about this squad, especially the fact that we're more of a complete squad now than we've been in years.

you do realize that first paragraph was a joke right?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/13/2004  4:28 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by djsunyc:

I didn't
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/13/2004  4:57 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by djsunyc:

I didn't

HeH, thought it was kind of obvious after the "we probably should've just torn the whole thing down after ewing and rebuilt with cap space and draft picks, like chicago and atlanta."
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
8/14/2004  11:32 AM
I don't care if you want to see Timmy get more shots, but
a captain he is not. He is way too immature. He's got
to grow up, step up to the plate and deliver.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
8/14/2004  4:08 PM
win win win - that solves all questions and doubts. i do believe though that if we can get out of the gate quick, we can win 50 games like detroit did 2 years ago

yeah....detroit goes from 30-52 to back to back 52-30 seasons followed by a championship.....less talent, less excuses

at least this season, lenny best have this team playing .500 ball
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/14/2004  5:05 PM
yeah....detroit goes from 30-52 to back to back 52-30 seasons followed by a championship.....less talent, less excuses
you missed a year... last year they got beat by the Nets. The year before that they went 50-32 w/ Stackhouse.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Question to all N.Y. fans.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy