[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If Phil leaves.....and we cannot get a top notch GM to replace...I suggest...
Author Thread
ekstarks94
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6104

2/24/2017  12:22 PM
Allan Houston for GM...he was an apprentice under Donnie, Grunwald, & now Phil and Steve...

If we cannot get a top notch guy....why not give our hometown guy a shot..I believe we can have some gravitas with FA's....Houston is respected and well liked. Just make sure he has a solid team around him...Dolan can afford it.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/24/2017  12:28 PM
god no.. he's nothing but an MSG yes man. At least with Phil he brought in Gaines which has brought us KP/Willy. You need people who bring in good people. What tree is Houston plucking people from?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
ekstarks94

2/24/2017  12:38 PM
fishmike wrote:god no.. he's nothing but an MSG yes man. At least with Phil he brought in Gaines which has brought us KP/Willy. You need people who bring in good people. What tree is Houston plucking people from?

I do not think so....Phil has Gaines because that is who he worked with and trusted.....that is why you put together a team for Allan to succeed.

I personally think Dolan wants Masai in Toronto...if he does not get him it is Houston or Isiah...next up

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/24/2017  12:40 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:Allan Houston for GM...he was an apprentice under Donnie, Grunwald, & now Phil and Steve...

If we cannot get a top notch guy....why not give our hometown guy a shot..I believe we can have some gravitas with FA's....Houston is respected and well liked. Just make sure he has a solid team around him...Dolan can afford it.

Mentored by the worst! Realistically thats who the new GM will be and it's depressing. Just once it would be nice to hire a GM/president based on ability rather than name or nepotism. That's why I'm sticking with Phil for no- the alternative will be a Dolan friend with less cache to resist Dolan's whims.

ekstarks94

2/24/2017  12:47 PM
smackeddog wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:Allan Houston for GM...he was an apprentice under Donnie, Grunwald, & now Phil and Steve...

Mentored by the worst! Realistically thats who the new GM will be and it's depressing. Just once it would be nice to hire a GM/president based on ability rather than name or nepotism. That's why I'm sticking with Phil for no- the alternative will be a Dolan friend with less cache to resist Dolan's whims.

How do you/we know what kind of moves he will do....He damn sure seen his share of mistakes by his bosses....and more importantly seen the long range impact....he seems like a smart guy.....the only mistake I saw him make was hiring his friend as the d-league coach a year back and then firing him...

I hear you....he has not had good bosses...but I rather have him than seeing Rob Hennigan or some other young guy walk through the door and we go through this again.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/24/2017  12:50 PM
doesn't Mitch Kupchak--not that I'm advocating--make more sense?

Steve Mills should go back to his regular behind the scenes job of tonguing Dolan's balls

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/24/2017  12:55 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

How do you/we know what kind of moves he will do....He damn sure seen his share of mistakes by his bosses....and more importantly seen the long range impact....he seems like a smart guy.....the only mistake I saw him make was hiring his friend as the d-league coach a year back and then firing him...

I hear you....he has not had good bosses...but I rather have him than seeing Rob Hennigan or some other young guy walk through the door and we go through this again.

If he wasn't friends with Dolan and therefore guaranteed a job for life, would he honestly be in the running? No- he has nothing to point to as proof that he will be good, why settle for nepotism?

JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

2/24/2017  12:58 PM
No.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/24/2017  1:08 PM
Love Allan but no. Need one of those RC Buford disciples.
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/24/2017  1:41 PM
fishmike wrote:god no.. he's nothing but an MSG yes man. At least with Phil he brought in Gaines which has brought us KP/Willy. You need people who bring in good people. What tree is Houston plucking people from?

kp and willy ain't helping us win no games, there guilty of the same thing everyone on the team is. Some nights they look great, other nights they look like trash. I don't why we keep producing the most inconsistent players on the league

ES
fishmike
USA
2/24/2017  1:43 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

kp and willy ain't helping us win no games, there guilty of the same thing everyone on the team is. Some nights they look great, other nights they look like trash. I don't why we keep producing the most inconsistent players on the league

Its probably your fault.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/24/2017  2:59 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

WTF??? Man you are F'n LOST!!! You really think it makes sense to bash 21 and 22 yr old sophomore and Rookie for not being perfectly consistent??? This is some BULL ISH you're spouting here. How about some time to F'n develop as NBA Players??? JESUS man try to show some degrees of perspective and understanding. This was a HORRIBLE post you made and you should re-examine your priorities if this is your gripe with the team.

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/24/2017  3:15 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

WTF??? Man you are F'n LOST!!! You really think it makes sense to bash 21 and 22 yr old sophomore and Rookie for not being perfectly consistent??? This is some BULL ISH you're spouting here. How about some time to F'n develop as NBA Players??? JESUS man try to show some degrees of perspective and understanding. This was a HORRIBLE post you made and you should re-examine your priorities if this is your gripe with the team.

By saying someone is inconsistant im BASHING them, where losing as a fckng team. against the cavs, the ball was moving like a pinball, and guys were missing shots, passes, turnover. This Offense looks Gross at times with or with out melo. Every young player in the league has talent and shows flashes, that don't mean they know how to win and play hard every single minute. I don't get that from near one person on this roster

KP can put up a 100 points a night and i could careless if were losing. I'm not singling out no one. This is a team fkng game, and i dont see anyone stepping up on a regular, and i haven't seen any player we have had since phil got here play with any consistancy.

Young talent means nothing if your losing Game after Game. WTF are the young kids learning, Losing doesn't build confidence or trust, it gets you frustrated and tired, evident from the tweets and comments KP himself has made.. Nobody likes losing...We have to change thre front offce, including mills and allan

ES
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/24/2017  3:20 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

By saying someone is inconsistant im BASHING them, where losing as a fckng team. against the cavs, the ball was moving like a pinball, and guys were missing shots, passes, turnover. This Offense looks Gross at times with or with out melo. Every young player in the league has talent and shows flashes, that don't mean they know how to win and play hard every single minute. I don't get that from near one person on this roster

KP can put up a 100 points a night and i could careless if were losing. I'm not singling out no one. This is a team fkng game, and i dont see anyone stepping up on a regular, and i haven't seen any player we have had since phil got here play with any consistancy.

Young talent means nothing if your losing Game after Game. WTF are the young kids learning, Losing doesn't build confidence or trust, it gets you frustrated and tired, evident from the tweets and comments KP himself has made.. Nobody likes losing...We have to change thre front offce, including mills and allan

You are barking up the wrong tree by pointing at KP and Willy tho!!! You forgot that Willy played his way into starting after Noah went down. He's still a rookie!!! Everything isn't about W/L's and in particular players at the development stage like KP and Willy need time to play and learn. How is that lost on you when it comes to young prospects???

fishmike
USA
2/24/2017  3:29 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

coming from the guy who doesnt think you need to build through the draft to win. When GS was losing game after game with Curry and Klay was it for nothing? You really have no clue. Losing isnt a requirement but its also not a bad thing if you are aquiring high caliber talent as a result of it. So far the season they killed Phil for has yielded KP and Willy. Hopefully this season yield equal quality.
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
2/24/2017  4:43 PM
Really???? GTFO. We need a proven person.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

2/24/2017  5:42 PM
We need Sam Hinkie!
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/24/2017  6:40 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Love Allan but no. Need one of those RC Buford disciples.

This. I would exclusively target SA FO people. Pay more than anyone else. Steal scouts, whatever.

VCoug
Member: #1406

2/24/2017  8:06 PM
I would hire Sam Hinkie or someone out of either the Spurs or Rockets front office.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/24/2017  8:11 PM
VCoug wrote:I would hire Sam Hinkie or someone out of either the Spurs or Rockets front office.

Indeed. Also does anyone know if Masai has an under study?

If Phil leaves.....and we cannot get a top notch GM to replace...I suggest...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy