[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The direction I'd go in is to improve
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/24/2017  10:09 AM
Athletiscm speed and 3 point shooting. These attributes will make kp and willy much better

You can see how Cleveland opens the floor with the 3 point shooting and adds athletiscm and speed on defense.

do not acquire any player. Rubio fox etc who can't shoot it. It shortens the floor

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/24/2017  10:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2017  10:31 AM
I agree with this mostly. Athleticism and shooting at the wings are essential. You can get away with not having a good 3pt shooter at PG, as long as they are an elite playmaker, which both Rubio and Fox are. Fox has shooting potential. His shot isn't broken and he's the best free throw shooter out of the elite pg prospects. So there are exceptions if you look closer. But I would probably pick the French pg over fox at this point.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/24/2017  10:31 AM
Obviously the Final Draft position will greatly determine the options but I agree this team needs more athletic ability and 3pt shooting. Of course 2 way players with leadership and a team oriented disposition.

This draft has some really good talent and I hope the Knicks get a good spot and hopefully add a pick. Still with the depth in this draft will push some good players to be UDFA's. So there will be a lot of opportunities for the Knicks to find hidden gems.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/24/2017  10:32 AM
Need to find a pass first PG.
nixluva
USA
2/24/2017  10:34 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Need to find a pass first PG.

Not just that but a leader and defender at his position!!!

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
2/24/2017  10:37 AM
I agree with this. Three point shooting and athleticism are key ares of focus for this team. Also More ball handlers on the court at the same time. Look for play makers. Drive and kick lead fast break type players.
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/24/2017  10:40 AM
This is what the league has become. Sprinkle in a stretch four or a point forward. Rebounding and rim protection and you are going to be a very good team in today's NBA, but it all starts with the guards.

Look at the Clippers, the have one of the best PG's in the league and they are stuck in mediocrity. It takes two elite guards or one elite guard and a point forward. You need to be you g and athletic to compete with the rules favoring teams who attack the basket and can shoot the 3.

Knicks need to commit to a rebuild/youth movement. I like Thomas, Lee and Noah as vet team leaders, Melo and Rose can find the door.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/24/2017  11:08 AM
Rookie wrote:This is what the league has become. Sprinkle in a stretch four or a point forward. Rebounding and rim protection and you are going to be a very good team in today's NBA, but it all starts with the guards.

Look at the Clippers, the have one of the best PG's in the league and they are stuck in mediocrity. It takes two elite guards or one elite guard and a point forward. You need to be you g and athletic to compete with the rules favoring teams who attack the basket and can shoot the 3.

Knicks need to commit to a rebuild/youth movement. I like Thomas, Lee and Noah as vet team leaders, Melo and Rose can find the door.

the bold 100%
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/24/2017  11:24 AM
I will be very torn if Josh Jackson is still on the board when we pick- I know we need a PG, but I think he would be great for us.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/24/2017  11:25 AM
I dont see any pinpoint accuracy PGs on SA GS or Cleveland. I see a bunch of play-makers who can shoot it. All of the good teams have PGs who can shoot it.
RIP Crushalot😞
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

2/24/2017  11:34 AM
smackeddog wrote:I will be very torn if Josh Jackson is still on the board when we pick- I know we need a PG, but I think he would be great for us.

I'm really high on this guy. This is the player you take if he's available. We're still in a position to draft talent over team need. And hey, we can use an explosive offensive wing with defensive instincts anyways.

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/24/2017  11:34 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I dont see any pinpoint accuracy PGs on SA GS or Cleveland. I see a bunch of play-makers who can shoot it. All of the good teams have PGs who can shoot it.

Can we get one if we don't draft one?

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/24/2017  12:42 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I dont see any pinpoint accuracy PGs on SA GS or Cleveland. I see a bunch of play-makers who can shoot it. All of the good teams have PGs who can shoot it.

Tony Parker isn't a 3pt shooter.

Chandler
Member: #6197

2/24/2017  12:51 PM
nixluva wrote:Obviously the Final Draft position will greatly determine the options but I agree this team needs more athletic ability and 3pt shooting. Of course 2 way players with leadership and a team oriented disposition.

This draft has some really good talent and I hope the Knicks get a good spot and hopefully add a pick. Still with the depth in this draft will push some good players to be UDFA's. So there will be a lot of opportunities for the Knicks to find hidden gems.

spot on!!

two way team oriented players. Not all shots need to be difficult. We need to move the ball and our feet. Creat easy shots from our defense

my number one goal would be the system and an emphasis on talented two way players, and let them develop into their more natural selves whether it's better at offense or defense or whatever

(5)(5)
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/24/2017  12:52 PM
Knixkik wrote:

Tony Parker isn't a 3pt shooter.

SA has their own brand of basketball. They have continuity. They are the exception, but the modern NBA has a different model. With all the crazy TV money and the emphasis on crazy athletic highlight dunks the rules of the game have changed to favor the offensive player. People want to see their stars gather the ball from the 3-point line and slam it home without being called for traveling. The game is passing SA by. They are good, very good, but they aren't going to win a chip.

Personally, I miss bully ball. Teams grinding it out and forcing their will. Close games decided by effort and crazy luck of the bounce. Seeing teams win by 30 points is boring to me, but I am in the minority I guess.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/24/2017  8:27 PM
Vmart wrote:I agree with this. Three point shooting and athleticism are key ares of focus for this team. Also More ball handlers on the court at the same time. Look for play makers. Drive and kick lead fast break type players.

AND defense. No more EITHER/OR

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
2/24/2017  9:56 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:I agree with this. Three point shooting and athleticism are key ares of focus for this team. Also More ball handlers on the court at the same time. Look for play makers. Drive and kick lead fast break type players.

AND defense. No more EITHER/OR

Agreed

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/24/2017  10:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2017  10:18 PM
nixluva wrote:Obviously the Final Draft position will greatly determine the options but I agree this team needs more athletic ability and 3pt shooting. Of course 2 way players with leadership and a team oriented disposition.

This has been the typical Phil draft. So far Phil has put on good showings at the draft even when he had no pick.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/24/2017  10:22 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Athletiscm speed and 3 point shooting. These attributes will make kp and willy much better

You can see how Cleveland opens the floor with the 3 point shooting and adds athletiscm and speed on defense.

do not acquire any player. Rubio fox etc who can't shoot it. It shortens the floor

I like it. When do we waive everyone we have? And who do we sign that's available? Is this another Denzel Valentine thread Briggs?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nixluva
USA
2/24/2017  10:36 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Athletiscm speed and 3 point shooting. These attributes will make kp and willy much better

I like it. When do we waive everyone we have? And who do we sign that's available? Is this another Denzel Valentine thread Briggs?

Your post makes no sense. The idea is to draft more front line talent. Why are you talking like that is a foreign concept to you? This is a good draft for the kind of players we need. There is no other magical place we can hope to get better talent.

There will still be options in Free Agency and also more Euro options, but for the core of this team it's gonna have to come from the Draft.

The direction I'd go in is to improve

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy