djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
8/18/2004  10:36 AM
Did you ever know that you're my hero,
And everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
For you are the wind beneath my wings.

you're my boy BRIGGS, you're my boy (sob sob sob)

[Edited by - djsunyc on 08/18/2004 10:36:42]
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/18/2004  10:45 AM
i am still puzzled & i don't get this credit you guys are giving BRIGGS when he totally flip-flopped his position on Dampier in the span of a month...

i agree w/his great calls on some of those other guys you have listed there, i'm not begrudging him of that...but i remember a thread he posted about a month back where he was going on & on about how he really believes that Dampier will sign w/the Knicks for the MLE, & then some time later he posts this thread on how he thinks Dampier will end up w/DAL after it became pretty clear that Dampier wasn't going to end up signing here.

i can try & dig up that thread again, but i'm sure many of you remember which one i'm talking about...i'm still wondering why BRIGGS doesn't want to answer my questions on this thread as to why he had the sudden change of heart.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
8/18/2004  10:54 AM

you're my boy TMS, you're my boy (sob sob sob)
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/18/2004  10:58 AM
maybe because Dampier wasnt signing? He was obviously waiting for something and our negotiations w/ GS seemed to have run their course. So it was if not NY then where? Most figured Atl. Briggs called Dallas. It seemed far fetched but he got it. Good for him.

He didnt exactly win a prize so who cares how much credit he gets?

Its not like we are getting *him* the hooker that was designated for Islefan. Now that I would be pissed about
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
USA
8/18/2004  11:01 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

LOL! i wasn't fishing for any credit for myself, but i'll take it just the same.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
TMS
USA
8/18/2004  11:03 AM
Posted by fishmike:

maybe because Dampier wasnt signing? He was obviously waiting for something and our negotiations w/ GS seemed to have run their course. So it was if not NY then where? Most figured Atl. Briggs called Dallas. It seemed far fetched but he got it. Good for him.

OK, in that case, i agree, i give him props for changing his mind & making the right call on the switch...but it's not the same as his other calls on guys like Sweetney & Amare, who he was saying all along would be great picks.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/18/2004  11:19 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

You have a spelling error. My name is spelled "B-O-N-N-1-9-9-7" not "T-M-S"
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
8/18/2004  1:02 PM
Posted by DefAndReb:

I'd like to add that Briggs predicted Amare would be the steal of the draft two years ago, and he was on target.

Heck the owners of this site predicted amare would be a stud, they had him on the picture of this site, any way I predicted that the suns would end up with amare because layden was too stupid to make such a pick.. Briggs makes a ton of predictions, once in a while he will get a few right, Kudos, but the list of his wrong ones would take up 3 pages, so lets not go crazy, but that was a good call..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
IMHO, Dampier will end up in

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy