[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Free Agent Targets for this Summer?
Author Thread
SkyWalker
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #814
2/23/2017  5:23 PM
Now that Knicks will have the cap space, who are the guys that will be free agents?
Between Noah,Willy,Oquinn and KP - The knicks don't need to spend big money on a big. I assume it will be on a pg, sg or SF. Who are our options?
Kenny SkyWalker
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/23/2017  5:27 PM
If we can move Melo it changes everything. Then maybe you look to spend on a couple building block guys to go around KP/Willy/KOQ/2007 lottery pick. If Melo stays I do nothing but draft guys. Let Rose walk and stay $20mm under the cap for when the deadline comes.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
2/23/2017  5:32 PM
Do nothing. It is the best strategy.
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

2/23/2017  5:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/23/2017  5:36 PM
I pursue Darren Collison on a 2 year, $20 million deal with a team option for a 3rd and do dick-else. We need a veteran PG to stabilize the position, long enough for our potential pick to learn the ropes and nothing else. Collision isn't anything spectacular but I think he'd fill that role well enough. Other than that, I'd also attempt to re-sign Justin Holiday who is a decent 3-and-D guy and then dole out minimum deals to D-league talent that may continue to grow with us. We'll likely suck again that year but still be at or around the 8th seed, which is FINE. We need to grow the team organically through draft picks anyway.
NardDogNation

2/23/2017  5:35 PM
Serious question, would we be better served by acquiring a 4/5 player instead of Kyle O'Quinn? I feel like that type of player would be a far better fit in a 3-big rotation than O'Quinn currently is, who I feel should exclusively play the 5. Would O'Quinn for Dwight Powell be senseable?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/23/2017  5:43 PM
I would be in favor of making a large, short term offer to Darren Collison. Something like 2yr $24M with a mutual option for year 2. Yes, you're overpaying (maybe not with a $100M cap), but the commitment isn't too long.
¿ △ ?
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/23/2017  5:44 PM
Miloš Teodosić
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/23/2017  5:45 PM
NardDogNation wrote:I pursue Darren Collison on a 2 year, $20 million deal with a team option for a 3rd and do dick-else. We need a veteran PG to stabilize the position, long enough for our potential pick to learn the ropes and nothing else. Collision isn't anything spectacular but I think he'd fill that role well enough. Other than that, I'd also attempt to re-sign Justin Holiday who is a decent 3-and-D guy and then dole out minimum deals to D-league talent that may continue to grow with us. We'll likely suck again that year but still be at or around the 8th seed, which is FINE. We need to grow the team organically through draft picks anyway.

Aha, jinx. But yes I agree. I'd really like to bring back Justin Holiday, too.

This should be a slow build - I would really like to keep Courtney Lee and KOQ and even Brandon Jennings. This team needs some continuity going forward.

Lose Rose, draft well, try to improve from within. Stop with the dang major overalls that get us nowhere.

¿ △ ?
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/23/2017  5:55 PM
crzymdups wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:I pursue Darren Collison on a 2 year, $20 million deal with a team option for a 3rd and do dick-else. We need a veteran PG to stabilize the position, long enough for our potential pick to learn the ropes and nothing else. Collision isn't anything spectacular but I think he'd fill that role well enough. Other than that, I'd also attempt to re-sign Justin Holiday who is a decent 3-and-D guy and then dole out minimum deals to D-league talent that may continue to grow with us. We'll likely suck again that year but still be at or around the 8th seed, which is FINE. We need to grow the team organically through draft picks anyway.

This should be a slow build - I would really like to keep Courtney Lee and KOQ and even Brandon Jennings. This team needs some continuity going forward.

Lose Rose, draft well, try to improve from within. Stop with the dang major overalls that get us nowhere.

We have no choice. We will be in rebuild mode next year as well unless something drastic happens. Melo has to be moved. Makes to much sense for both sides at this point.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/23/2017  5:58 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Miloš Teodosić

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
2/23/2017  6:08 PM
Have you learned nothing people. The best moves are the ones you don't make. FA is a huge disappointment. Just keep racking up picks and go that route. Trade Melo do whatever but don't touch FAs especially the high profile ones. They tend to disappoint the most.
NardDogNation

2/23/2017  6:14 PM

Would you do so even if we draft a PG?

NardDogNation

2/23/2017  6:16 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

We have no choice. We will be in rebuild mode next year as well unless something drastic happens. Melo has to be moved. Makes to much sense for both sides at this point.

There is always a choice and routinely we make the wrong one (with exception to the 2015 offseason when we did everything right aside from signing Kevin Seraphin instead of Alexey Shved).

NardDogNation

2/23/2017  6:25 PM
crzymdups wrote:

I LOVE Kyle O'Quinn but I can't help but feel that he or Willy won't fit with our team due to positional overlap. I think both are exclusively 5-men and that both are too good to only get 24mpg for the rest of their careers. Ideally, we'd want a player that can split time between both the 4 and 5 spot in order to allow all 3 bigs (KP, Willy/O'Quinn and Player X) to get 30mpg at the bare minimum. Due to Willy's relationship with KP, I think O'Quinn becomes the odd man out. If at all possible, I'd look into acquiring Dwight Powell for Kyle O'Quinn who can drift fluidly between both positions.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/23/2017  6:41 PM
NardDogNation wrote:

I doubt the knicks draft a pg but if they draft ntilikina or Fox I would do it because of Teodosic ability to play off the ball. Fox and Ntilikina May have those abilities too especially defensively but either way neither one will likely show up ready day one. Euros usually come over at a small price so if they can get Teodosic for $6 - $12m. I would do it.

franco12
Member: #599
USA
2/23/2017  6:52 PM
Is there some way to S&T rose? My thought is release him, but he is losing a lot of money if he is let go. Doubt anyone wants him as such, and we might get stuck with not a great return- but I have to think his agent would want such a deal vs. release.
NardDogNation

2/23/2017  6:55 PM
Should we experiment with Ben McClemore next season?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/23/2017  7:38 PM
NardDogNation wrote:

I would... this guy can score and pass. He's a legit 6'5" too. He's definitely a point guard though. He's one of the best players in the world not just Europe.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/23/2017  7:47 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

There is always a choice and routinely we make the wrong one (with exception to the 2015 offseason when we did everything right aside from signing Kevin Seraphin instead of Alexey Shved).

We don't have many other smart options, so other then making poor choices we really only have one route to go. Slow rebuild, get what we can for Melo in the off season to a team of his preference. Depend on hitting on a draft pick.

Best case scenario is we can come away with Bradley & Crowder from the Celtics. And land a quality Pg at the draft.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/23/2017  7:52 PM
Not Jrue Holiday.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Free Agent Targets for this Summer?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy