If we dont get pick 1-2-3
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1  2 
Topic LOCKED
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/22/2017  1:43 AM
crzymdups wrote:I just hope Frank Kaminsky is still on the board when we pick.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=20955556#p20955556

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
2/22/2017  3:40 AM
Love his gAme. I think he's a sleeper though. When guys are short defense automatically gets questioned as matchups can hurt. I see a late first rounder and a potential star - hard to measure speed though as he needs that close to John wall speed to really make it. I am a Fox devotee and he can't shoot.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/22/2017  11:33 AM
smackeddog wrote:
callmened wrote:i mean in the past few years BRIGGS has fallen in love with kaminsky, cauley-stein and d. valentine. its clear BRIGGS knows basketball but i cant tell if hes trying to find a sleeper pick or he actually believes these players to be good. the draft is always difficult to predict - thats why i dont predict anything. all i hope is that we get the best prospect - i base that on what i see with what the experts have seen.

i hope for dennis smith if we have a pick that high - if not id settle for deaaron fox

I'd agree, I think briggs focuses a bit too much on trying to find a hidden gem or a sleeper that it skewers his scouting a little bit. Also seems to have completely disregarded defense as being important. I do still like his scouting though and it's better than anything I could do

Anyone can do it if you wanna put the time into scouting all of these kids. Everything is right there for you on the computer but i just see no reason for myself to put that time in without actually working for a team and it being my job to do it. So you gotta give Briggs some respect for putting that time in but by draft time he'll have threads on about 20 different players that he thinks we should draft.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/22/2017  12:15 PM
I'm intrigued by Frank Ntilikina, who seems to be regarded as the top international prospect this year, and he might be available when we pick. He turns 19 at the end of July.

Long and athletic, with the kind of size that would allow him to defend SGs. Have only seen a few clips of him. He clearly needs to get a little stronger, but he is highly regarded.

If we do pick up a guy like Rubio, drafting Ntilikina and letting him be an understudy for Rubio would be perfect for a young and developing team.

NBA Comparison: Dennis Schroder/Gary Payton

Strengths: Elite size for a point guard with very good athleticism and quickness … Impressive wingspan (close to 7 ft)… Very mature for his age with a good basketball IQ … He has a thin frame, but his body structure suggests that he can add weight and increase his muscle tone nicely … A true point guard with a “pass first” mentality … He can control the pace of the game nicely … Excellent passer with great court vision … He is always looking to find the open teammate … He can pass on the move and also while penetrating … Excels on the open court and loves to run the break … Great ball handler … He has a nice hesitation dribble and he has also an improving crossover dribble on his repertoire … Possesses an explosive first step … Really good on ISO situations thanks to his athleticism, length and excellent ball handling … He can create his own shoot and score off the dribble from mid-range and has also a floater as a counter move … When he has time to gather he can finish strong at the rim… Improving 3-point shooter… He is already very good on Pick and Roll situations as the ball handler, because he shows patience and is always looking for the right choice … His body and physical tools are his biggest weapons on Defense … He has great lateral quickness which helps him stay in front of his man … When he is motivated on Defense he can be a lockdown defender … His length and athleticism help him make a lot of steals … Versatile defender with the potential to guard multiple positions in the future … He has a high upside…

Weaknesses: He really needs to add some muscle to his body or else he could have problems at the next level … He hasn’t been tested at a senior level yet … His shooting release looks a little odd at times and that’s the main reason he isn’t a consistent shooter from long range yet … He needs to become more vocal and learn when he has to take over a game … At times he is too unselfish and too keen to pass the ball and as a result he looks passive … He must add some aggressiveness to his game … He has problems finishing through contact at the rim due to his thin body and at times he looks like he is even avoiding contact, settling for a mid-range shot … He has problems against physical game … He isn’t always focused on defense … At times he forgets to keep a low stance when he is guarding his opponent and as a result he can be crossed easily … He relies too much on his length to make steals when he gets crossed, which leads to bad fouls … He has problems defending the Pick and Roll, looking lost at times … Stronger players can post him up

Overall: Ntilikina is undoubtedly one of the best International players of his generation. His elite physical tools and feel for the game, combined with his high upside makes him a really intriguing prospect ... He is not NBA ready just yet, but he has all the tools to become a very good player in the future ...

Notes: He was born in Belgium and he is originating from Rwanda, but he was raised in France… He was a member of the France team that won the U16 European Championship in 2014… He was named “French League Best Young Player” in 2015/16 season ...

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/22/2017  1:18 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:I'm intrigued by Frank Ntilikina, who seems to be regarded as the top international prospect this year, and he might be available when we pick. He turns 19 at the end of July.

Long and athletic, with the kind of size that would allow him to defend SGs. Have only seen a few clips of him. He clearly needs to get a little stronger, but he is highly regarded.

If we do pick up a guy like Rubio, drafting Ntilikina and letting him be an understudy for Rubio would be perfect for a young and developing team.

Strengths: Elite size for a point guard with very good athleticism and quickness … Impressive wingspan (close to 7 ft)… Very mature for his age with a good basketball IQ … He has a thin frame, but his body structure suggests that he can add weight and increase his muscle tone nicely … A true point guard with a “pass first” mentality … He can control the pace of the game nicely … Excellent passer with great court vision … He is always looking to find the open teammate … He can pass on the move and also while penetrating … Excels on the open court and loves to run the break … Great ball handler … He has a nice hesitation dribble and he has also an improving crossover dribble on his repertoire … Possesses an explosive first step … Really good on ISO situations thanks to his athleticism, length and excellent ball handling … He can create his own shoot and score off the dribble from mid-range and has also a floater as a counter move … When he has time to gather he can finish strong at the rim… Improving 3-point shooter… He is already very good on Pick and Roll situations as the ball handler, because he shows patience and is always looking for the right choice … His body and physical tools are his biggest weapons on Defense … He has great lateral quickness which helps him stay in front of his man … When he is motivated on Defense he can be a lockdown defender … His length and athleticism help him make a lot of steals … Versatile defender with the potential to guard multiple positions in the future … He has a high upside…

Weaknesses: He really needs to add some muscle to his body or else he could have problems at the next level … He hasn’t been tested at a senior level yet … His shooting release looks a little odd at times and that’s the main reason he isn’t a consistent shooter from long range yet … He needs to become more vocal and learn when he has to take over a game … At times he is too unselfish and too keen to pass the ball and as a result he looks passive … He must add some aggressiveness to his game … He has problems finishing through contact at the rim due to his thin body and at times he looks like he is even avoiding contact, settling for a mid-range shot … He has problems against physical game … He isn’t always focused on defense … At times he forgets to keep a low stance when he is guarding his opponent and as a result he can be crossed easily … He relies too much on his length to make steals when he gets crossed, which leads to bad fouls … He has problems defending the Pick and Roll, looking lost at times … Stronger players can post him up

Overall: Ntilikina is undoubtedly one of the best International players of his generation. His elite physical tools and feel for the game, combined with his high upside makes him a really intriguing prospect ... He is not NBA ready just yet, but he has all the tools to become a very good player in the future ...

Notes: He was born in Belgium and he is originating from Rwanda, but he was raised in France… He was a member of the France team that won the U16 European Championship in 2014… He was named “French League Best Young Player” in 2015/16 season ...

Ntilikina can also play SG with his length so he would not only be able to learn under Rubio but could also play in the same rotation as Rubio.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/22/2017  2:15 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:I'm intrigued by Frank Ntilikina, who seems to be regarded as the top international prospect this year, and he might be available when we pick. He turns 19 at the end of July.

Ntilikina can also play SG with his length so he would not only be able to learn under Rubio but could also play in the same rotation as Rubio.

I'm going to have to do more research on him, but unlike Trump, I'm more of a globalist, especially in regard to basketball.

I continue to observe that they are more team oriented in how they approach the game...maybe too much at times, but I think that is a good trait for a young player, especially a PG.

We will see.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
2/24/2017  2:37 PM
From Jim Boheim

Regarding Boston College: “They are playing great right now. Ky Bowman is the best freshman guard in the country.“ Matt noted that Jerome Robinson has had eight 20 point games in a row and he’s their second best scorer to Bowman. JB: “You can’t find two better guards on one team in the country. Bowman was a football player and decided he’d rather play basketball. Nobody knew about him. He likes basketball better, which is understandable since it’s physically easier.….They are both strong and physical, which helps them play man to man. And they shoot well, too….Sometimes the zone helps you in certain areas but in other areas you aren’t sure it’s best….BC also has 6-7 A. J. Turner, a good all-round player. They don’t have much bench – a couple of guys. Most teams in the league play 6-7 guys, with Florida State being an exception.”

RIP Crushalot😞
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/24/2017  8:16 PM
BRIGGS wrote:From Jim Boheim

Regarding Boston College: “They are playing great right now. Ky Bowman is the best freshman guard in the country.“ Matt noted that Jerome Robinson has had eight 20 point games in a row and he’s their second best scorer to Bowman. JB: “You can’t find two better guards on one team in the country. Bowman was a football player and decided he’d rather play basketball. Nobody knew about him. He likes basketball better, which is understandable since it’s physically easier.….They are both strong and physical, which helps them play man to man. And they shoot well, too….Sometimes the zone helps you in certain areas but in other areas you aren’t sure it’s best….BC also has 6-7 A. J. Turner, a good all-round player. They don’t have much bench – a couple of guys. Most teams in the league play 6-7 guys, with Florida State being an exception.”

Who cares what Jim Boeheim or any other college guys thinks? There's a big difference between college ball and the NBA.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

2/25/2017  8:35 AM
VCoug wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:From Jim Boeheim

Who cares what Jim Boeheim or any other college guys thinks? There's a big difference between college ball and the NBA.

basically. lol

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
sealy
Member: #3291
USA
2/25/2017  10:55 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2683766-the-2017-nba-draft-class-is-absolutely-stacked-at-pg-position

Thought this was a good read. I'm hoping Fox is there when we pick.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/25/2017  4:12 PM
you know phil will draft a center
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

2/25/2017  4:14 PM
He is not better than Monk thats just crazy, the 4th best player in the draft?
callmened wrote:while i appreciate BRIGGS passion and knowledge of the game...just know that NO ONE has this kid even getting drafted

http://www.nbadraft.net/2017mock_draft

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2017/
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/prospect-rankings

i think bowman will play well as a pro - overseas

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

2/25/2017  4:21 PM
and the team has 1 pick in the first round. I did a ton of NFL draft work for websites for years and its hard when you get cornered to make just 1 pick. For years Ive been frustrated by terrible Knicks picks I still can't get over screaming at the TV for Derozan and getting Jordan frickin Hill, what a waste of skin. This franchise wouldnt be a disaster if we made that pick
newyorker4ever wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
callmened wrote:i mean in the past few years BRIGGS has fallen in love with kaminsky, cauley-stein and d. valentine. its clear BRIGGS knows basketball but i cant tell if hes trying to find a sleeper pick or he actually believes these players to be good. the draft is always difficult to predict - thats why i dont predict anything. all i hope is that we get the best prospect - i base that on what i see with what the experts have seen.

i hope for dennis smith if we have a pick that high - if not id settle for deaaron fox

I'd agree, I think briggs focuses a bit too much on trying to find a hidden gem or a sleeper that it skewers his scouting a little bit. Also seems to have completely disregarded defense as being important. I do still like his scouting though and it's better than anything I could do

Anyone can do it if you wanna put the time into scouting all of these kids. Everything is right there for you on the computer but i just see no reason for myself to put that time in without actually working for a team and it being my job to do it. So you gotta give Briggs some respect for putting that time in but by draft time he'll have threads on about 20 different players that he thinks we should draft.

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/25/2017  4:53 PM
Sounds like the 76ers.
once a knick always a knick
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/25/2017  6:41 PM
sealy wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2683766-the-2017-nba-draft-class-is-absolutely-stacked-at-pg-position

Thought this was a good read. I'm hoping Fox is there when we pick.

Great article. Thanks for posting it.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Paris907
USA
2/26/2017  5:45 PM
I like Bowman but he's somewhat inconsistent and not as fast as Fox. Say the Knicks draft 5-10. They've a shot at Fox and what I see is a sure facilitator, natural playmaker and capable scorer. I realize he's got a ways to go with his Jumper but let a SG and 3 take the bulk of the shots. This guy is a blur and speed can't be taught
BRIGGS
12/9/2017  6:06 PM
This the guy I hyped last year. I think he looks a lot like Chris Paul--was awesome today

RIP Crushalot😞
Paris907
USA
12/9/2017  8:50 PM
It all depends on if Kanter resigns. If not we need a 5 and there are plenty in this draft. If Kanter stays,grab a 3.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/9/2017  9:05 PM
Paris907 wrote:It all depends on if Kanter resigns. If not we need a 5 and there are plenty in this draft. If Kanter stays,grab a 3.

The 2 main targets should be a 3 and a change of pace PG. If we can get one in the 11-15 range and the other with the 31-33 pick than we will be taking a big step forward.

Page 2 of 2 Previous 1  2 
Topic LOCKED
If we dont get pick 1-2-3

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy