[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade deadline trades and rumors
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/21/2017  12:02 PM
Boston is one piece away, and Clev is one injury away. Celts need the depth and have to weigh how far they can go this season with Griff.
True, haul for Griff is more than what we could get for Melo so Clips can add some needed depth. IN the short run, Melo might be better than Griff.
"win now" with Melo and some depth for Clips.
I'd say we get Crowder, Rivers, and a pick, while Clips get to keep bradley or smart. Perhaps we get Crawford as he might be needed.
Lots of pieces that could make it work, but its the core of Griff and Melo that drive any move. Boston keeps brooklyns pick in any event. Ainge won't spend that chip!

Funny, Melo be always talking about "Recruiting" here, which never happend, and it would be curious if he actually would go play with friends. Its all nice to have "Superfriends" but Melo has not had a hook up yet.

AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

2/21/2017  12:06 PM
Nalod wrote:Boston is one piece away, and Clev is one injury away. Celts need the depth and have to weigh how far they can go this season with Griff.
True, haul for Griff is more than what we could get for Melo so Clips can add some needed depth. IN the short run, Melo might be better than Griff.
I'd say we get Crowder, Rivers, and a pick, while Clips get to keep bradley or smart. Perhaps we get Crawford as he might be needed.
Lots of pieces that could make it work, but its the core of Griff and Melo that drive any move. Boston keeps brooklyns pick in any event. Ainge won't spend that chip!

Funny, Melo be always talking about "Recruiting" here, which never happend, and it would be curious if he actually would go play with friends. Its all nice to have "Superfriends" but Melo has not had a hook up yet.

I agree re the short term especially for Clips and CP3. I think there is too much overlap between Grff and Jordan with the lobs. While Griff can dunk with the best of them, Clips don't need that from him

Melo would be a better weapon in the short term for them

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/21/2017  12:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2017  12:27 PM
Chandler wrote:
Nalod wrote:Boston is one piece away, and Clev is one injury away. Celts need the depth and have to weigh how far they can go this season with Griff.

I agree re the short term especially for Clips and CP3. I think there is too much overlap between Grff and Jordan with the lobs. While Griff can dunk with the best of them, Clips don't need that from him

griffs midrange game is really quite good.
Boston will have to pay him next year.
As for Knicks taking on Rubio, I don't see cap space for a starphuch anyway. Gordan Haywood would be my only pick for that kind of money, and I would say he stays as the face of the franchise in Utah, or in Boston with his old college coach.
Not that Knicks are his third choice!

Needless to say, the odds of Griff to Boston are very low, there is no rumble. Funny that CP3 has the vehicle to get his "Brother" Melo in griff but seemingly won't leverage his status to get him.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/21/2017  1:08 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/21/2017  2:26 PM
Nalod wrote:
Chandler wrote:

griffs midrange game is really quite good.
Boston will have to pay him next year.
As for Knicks taking on Rubio, I don't see cap space for a starphuch anyway. Gordan Haywood would be my only pick for that kind of money, and I would say he stays as the face of the franchise in Utah, or in Boston with his old college coach.
Not that Knicks are his third choice!

Needless to say, the odds of Griff to Boston are very low, there is no rumble. Funny that CP3 has the vehicle to get his "Brother" Melo in griff but seemingly won't leverage his status to get him.

Not sure I would go that far. It's good when people sag off of him. Melo's offense provides things Griff can't. And what Griff can provide that Melo can't they already have with Deandre

If I were the Clips I'd make this trade, keeping some of the haul from the Celts.

(5)(5)
corvetteknick
Member: #6429

2/21/2017  3:15 PM
Have to think if there is any truth to the Blake Griffin to the Celtics rumor, what the Clippers get back in return would expand into a 3-team deal that includes the Knicks and Melo. Chris Paul and Melo are buddies, and with Paul being a FA after this year - you have to figure he has made it clear that if he is going to stay in LA, he wants to have a say in who he plays with. As is - the Clippers are a good team, but nothing more in the loaded Western Conference, and making a move would make sense.

As for the Celtics - at some point they need to start translating these draft assets into players. Just this last draft, they got Jaylen Brown at #3, and he is playing 15 minutes/game and averaging 5 points/game. He's blocked - whether it is Griffin, George, or Bulter - this is the time to move picks and players to upgrade.

CrushAlot
USA
2/21/2017  3:39 PM
CrushAlot
USA
2/21/2017  3:53 PM
Some lesser established sources on twitter saying Damian Lillard is available.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/21/2017  4:52 PM
fwk00
Member: #6048

2/21/2017  8:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2017  8:20 PM
No sauces at all, just riding the vibes; http://knicksmecca.blogspot.com/

"I've been advocating a trade for Ricky Rubio for a few months now. Initially I thought it might go along the lines of Jennings and Lee for Rubio and change. Today its sounding more and more like it will be Rose and change for Rubio and change.

However that shakes out its a good deal for both teams. Rubio should thrive in NY - its where he wanted to be before getting drafted and IMO it removes any and all requirements to draft a PG - not that there's anything wrong with that. It just gives the Knicks a better BPA option.

Another longshot possibility is that Melo is being dealt to the Clips in a three-way deal involving Boston. Chris Paul is all but resigned to stay with the Clips and Griffin may be over-the-top expensive to keep and attempt to resign. So some Boston kids and a pick or two come the Knicks way, Melo to LA, and Griffin to the Celts. Could happen.

I'm also convinced Courtney Lee will be gone to a contender. Plenty of suitors and he should realize a handsome return. CLE, Washington, Toronto, and Portland (for other reasons) are likely suitors.

One of our crowded center candidates will also be dealt depending on who gets packaged in any of the aforementioned deals."

CrushAlot
USA
2/21/2017  8:28 PM
CrushAlot
USA
2/21/2017  8:32 PM
CrushAlot
USA
2/21/2017  8:33 PM
CrushAlot
USA
2/21/2017  9:16 PM
CrushAlot
USA
2/21/2017  9:24 PM
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/21/2017  9:49 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Andre Drummond on the market. Anyone find that strange? Don't watch Detroit much

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
USA
2/21/2017  10:06 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Andre Drummond on the market. Anyone find that strange? Don't watch Detroit much

I read somewhere that DEtroit offered Drummond for Boogie earlier this season.
CrushAlot
USA
2/21/2017  10:07 PM
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/21/2017  10:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2017  10:32 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

They tried to turn him into a young Dwight instead of just letting him be a Tyson/DeAndre Jordan type.

CrushAlot
USA
2/21/2017  11:01 PM
Trade deadline trades and rumors

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy