Trade deadline trades and rumors
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
2/20/2017  10:07 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Hahaha, I have a feeling Brandon likes messing with people, but who knows. I wouldn't be shocked if Indiana decided to blow it up and rebuild.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/20/2017  10:09 PM
Interesting stuff going on with the Celtics. Apparently they have inquired about Blake, Paul George and Butler. The Pacers have been telling teams they aren't moving George and the Bulls are 'leaning toward' keeping Butler. The celtics seem to know they need to add something to their team to make a run in the playoffs. Maybe Melo is the fall back and cheaper option.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/20/2017  10:12 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Interesting stuff going on with the Celtics. Apparently they have inquired about Blake, Paul George and Butler. The Pacers have been telling teams they aren't moving George and the Bulls are 'leaning toward' keeping Butler. The celtics seem to know they need to add something to their team to make a run in the playoffs. Maybe Melo is the fall back and cheaper option.

Why does Melo go to Boston?
Can't see him interested.

CrushAlot
USA
2/20/2017  10:19 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Interesting stuff going on with the Celtics. Apparently they have inquired about Blake, Paul George and Butler. The Pacers have been telling teams they aren't moving George and the Bulls are 'leaning toward' keeping Butler. The celtics seem to know they need to add something to their team to make a run in the playoffs. Maybe Melo is the fall back and cheaper option.

Why does Melo go to Boston?
Can't see him interested.

I think he wants LA. But SAS said this morning that Boston was on Melo's list. Not sure that he actually knows but the Knicks engaged Boston. Hard to say but I think in a seven game series Boston's offense bogs down. Adding another guy that can score would help them a lot. They need to do something with their glut of back court players. I just saw this about Avery Bradley. I only listened to the first five minutes but plan to check it out more later.
http://www.celticshub.com/2017/02/20/celtics-avery-bradley/
crzymdups
USA
2/20/2017  10:26 PM
¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
2/20/2017  10:36 PM
CrushAlot
USA
2/20/2017  10:49 PM
CrushAlot
USA
2/20/2017  11:26 PM
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

2/20/2017  11:30 PM
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Hahaha, I have a feeling Brandon likes messing with people, but who knows. I wouldn't be shocked if Indiana decided to blow it up and rebuild.

I can't lie, Paul George is the type of talent I'd consider moving our pick for. His injury history tempers that a little but...the guy is still pretty good and can fill the role Melo did in being a lightening rod for criticism away from Porzingis as he develops.

CrushAlot
USA
2/20/2017  11:31 PM
crzymdups
USA
2/20/2017  11:44 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Yeah, the cap didn't go up as high as people thought it might, and it seems to be leveling out around $100M for next two seasons...

This is why Rose's deal actually has some value - he's a $21M expiring deal.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
2/20/2017  11:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2017  11:59 PM
Interesting rumor. The Mavs and Celtics reportedly both scouting the Celtics. Bogut replaces Amir who has to be moved for any of the reported trade targets (Butler, George, Blake, Melo).
CrushAlot
USA
2/21/2017  12:14 AM
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/21/2017  2:56 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
The Los Angeles Clippers have intermittently discussed a Blake Griffin trade with the Boston Celtics this season though a deal is unlikely at this point.

Griffin will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason. The Celtics would likely seek official permission to talk to Griffin about his future before executing a trade.

The Clippers would seek Jae Crowder, either Avery Bradley or Marcus Smart and multiple picks in exchange for Griffin.

The Melo hope returns! I'm assuming a blake trade only makes sense if the Clips then move some of what they get to the Knicks for Melo (they can keep it all apart from the pick!). Ha, I'm not even getting my hopes up anymore- I'm preparing myself for the Melo for Rivers and Crawford, or that we keep him.

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/21/2017  3:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2017  5:25 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Depressing, thats exactly what we wanted for Melo! Would the Clips want this haul for themselves? I don't think that makes sense (who in the draft makes sense for them over Griffin?), so you'd hope some of it was for us- they move Crawford, Rivers and whatever plus the pick to us, they keep Crowder, Bradley (insurance for Redick) and add melo. Does that make them better? Hmm, I don't really think so, but maybe they have grown tired with Griffin.

Crowder posted this around the same time and removed Boston refs from his bio

Amir Johnson has also deleted his Celtics photo according to someone or realgm. And Celtics suddenly interested in sun's defense first SF

Maybe those two plus a future mid first for Melo (why would they give up the nets pick when they know the only other deal is the clips trash)

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

2/21/2017  6:19 AM
smackeddog wrote:Depressing, thats exactly what we wanted for Melo! Would the Clips want this haul for themselves? I don't think that makes sense (who in the draft makes sense for them over Griffin?), so you'd hope some of it was for us- they move Crawford, Rivers and whatever plus the pick to us, they keep Crowder, Bradley (insurance for Redick) and add melo. Does that make them better? Hmm, I don't really think so, but maybe they have grown tired with Griffin.

IF the Clippers believe that Griffin will simply walk, with nothing to come back in return, then they make the deal. The Clippers have serious problems a long the wing. Getting someone like Crowder and Smart would fix some of these issues. Converting Rivers and Crawfords bad contract into Melo would give them a 2 year push window. Also they'd likely get some picks as well, which could help a reload situation. With Crowder, Smart and Jordan, they could hide the defensive indifference of Melo on the floor. Steve Balmer paid 2 BILLION for the Clips, he wants a massive return on the investment. Consider Adam Silver already gifted LBJ and Cleveland a ring. Literally gifted them one by jobbing the Warriors in the last Finals. And the league did some horse crap with the cap projections to try to push Durant off the Warriors roster, the league simply does not want the Warriors to win any more championships, no player on the team is marketable enough for them. ( Curry is a great player, but not a marketable player, if he was married to a pop star or shot up a nightclub, sadly, the NBA marketing would find him more interesting. Its sort of pathetic if you dunk over a Kia, the league will get its refs to job a team for you, but if you are just the greatest long range shooter in NBA history, well you can't put together a commercial and feel good about that. You need one handed thunder dunks after crab dribbling and traveling first...sigh...)

IF the Clippers can dump River and Crawford and get Melo AND move Griffin because they don't think he'll resign and get defensive wings and picks, I think the league will job any other team in front of them ( i.e the refs will be full on pro Clips the entire playoffs) and the Clips become contenders.

The league has desperately tried to spin Doc Rivers as some kind of hero in it's narrative. I.E. in the face of the EVIL EVIL EVIL racist Donald Sterling, Rivers righted the ship. Never mind in order to sell this, the league will have to ignore DeAndre Jordan stabbing the Mavericks in the back and Melo being the least team oriented BB player in the league. But Balmer paid 2 billion, if he wins a ring fast, other billionaires will go into a bidding war for the next open NBA franchise, which is all current NBA owners care about.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/21/2017  7:12 AM
That haul from the celtics has Melo to clippers written all over it.
Crowder and a pick, plus cap fodder makes sense for Phil. Clippers have a short window and Paul is a free agent.
If the melo love for him is strong, and real, Paul would be bound to return. Lebron will finish his career with Clippers.
CrushAlot
USA
2/21/2017  9:06 AM
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/21/2017  9:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2017  9:36 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Interesting rumor. The Mavs and Celtics reportedly both scouting the Celtics. Bogut replaces Amir who has to be moved for any of the reported trade targets (Butler, George, Blake, Melo).

So the Celtics are playing with themselves? Interesting indeed

Chandler
Member: #6197

2/21/2017  11:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2017  11:46 AM
Nalod wrote:That haul from the celtics has Melo to clippers written all over it.
Crowder and a pick, plus cap fodder makes sense for Phil. Clippers have a short window and Paul is a free agent.
If the melo love for him is strong, and real, Paul would be bound to return. Lebron will finish his career with Clippers.

I agree 100%. Celts are smart enough to envision they need more size and talent up front to deal with Lebron.

the haul Clips get back seems fair for Griffin but not what they need if they're thinking maximizing their limited time with CP3. Some or all of that haul has to be headed to us,

One can ask why not simply swap Melo for Blake then and I think 2 responses: (1) we don't want Blake -- too much overlap with KP and Willy and (2) Blake is worth more than Melo given his age so we'd only get a portion of the Clips haul

Actually I don't agree with the part about Lebron. That might happen if Cavs don't make finals and Lebron blames mgmt. for lack of a move

ALso keep in mind Celts are rumored to be interested in PJ Tucker. this has to be a contingency plan if they trade Crowder

(5)(5)
Trade deadline trades and rumors

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy