[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade deadline trades and rumors
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
2/20/2017  5:02 AM
crzymdups wrote:

I still really don't understand this idea to try to pair AD with a ball dominant front court guy. It seems idiotic frankly.

yup. but that's NOP. pretty terrible front office.

AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
2/20/2017  5:03 AM
crzymdups wrote:

Sweet Jesus. How does Sacramento say no to this trade? Do it now, Sacto!!

Exactly. but they only got ONE protected first rounder.
Caseloads
2/20/2017  5:07 AM
crzymdups wrote:

Sounds like Cousins may be on the move for real this time. He played only 2 minutes in the game tonight. Every other guy played at least 13.

terrible trade for SAC. Would love to see NOP flip cousins!
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/20/2017  5:54 AM
Caseloads wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Exactly. but they only got ONE protected first rounder.

Thats the hilarious thing- they didn't even get the protection lifted off the one 1st rounder they got!

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/20/2017  9:12 AM
crzymdups wrote:

That is what the Knicks gave up to get out from under Jeffries deal when Walsh was running things.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/20/2017  9:37 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

That is what the Knicks gave up to get out from under Jeffries deal when Walsh was running things.

Not true. He only gave up Jordan Hill. Hill was a terrible pick, but Walsh didn't include a number one pick.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
2/20/2017  9:41 AM
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Not true. He only gave up Jordan Hill. Hill was a terrible pick, but Walsh didn't include a number one pick.

Yeah he did. The Rockets used it on the kid that ended up leaving the nba because he was afraid to fly. The pick was in the 12-16 range.
CrushAlot
USA
2/20/2017  9:44 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Yeah he did. The Rockets used it on the kid that ended up leaving the nba because he was afraid to fly. The pick was in the 12-16 range.
Here it is. I complained about that trade for years.
Houston also has the right to swap first-round picks with New York in 2011, and the Rockets also get New York's 2012 first-round pick.

http://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=4924836
crzymdups
USA
2/20/2017  9:58 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Here it is. I complained about that trade for years.
Houston also has the right to swap first-round picks with New York in 2011, and the Rockets also get New York's 2012 first-round pick.

http://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=4924836

Oh ok my bad! I always forget that was the same deal as Tracy McGrady. I remembered they gave up the pick for McGrady. Anyway, yes, that was a terrible trade.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
2/20/2017  10:32 AM
nixluva wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
nixluva wrote:Could be a smokescreen but trading Melo was always going to be tough for all the reasons NTC and more. Still could see a smaller move being made.

I'm not quite sure why people don't see the handwriting on the wall. If Phil Jackson was staying past this season, odds are Melo would waive his NTC to go somewhere else. His refusal is basically him playing a game of chicken with Phil Jackson, and if he's not traded by the deadline, then Phil Jackson will either be fired or be asked to retire with full pay.

There's no more loss for Jackson here. He drafted Hernangomez and Zinger, so he can say he did something positive and if blame is to be spread, it will burn out on Melo and Dolan.

I wager Phil Jackson is as good as gone at this point.

Bill Simmons pointed it out clearly, Melo has never lost a power struggle in his entire career. His teams have suffered for it , of course, but he's never NOT gotten his way.

I think this is most likely what Melo is doing but I think he will actually LOSE this time. Phil doesn't have to trade Melo to still achieve part of what he wants to do with the Knicks. Melo would be surrounded by kids and only getting older and with fewer options to play on a team that's ready to challenge for a Title. Kind of dumb on Melo's part. Phil would be in a more solid position with a new 1st rd Draft Pick plus other young new talent and Melo the odd man out on a rebuilding roster.

smackeddog
2/20/2017  10:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2017  11:29 AM
Caseloads wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Sounds like Cousins may be on the move for real this time. He played only 2 minutes in the game tonight. Every other guy played at least 13.

terrible trade for SAC. Would love to see NOP flip cousins!

Don't forget if the Kings pick this year is top 3 they have to swap it with the sixers!

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

2/20/2017  11:28 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

It was our 2012 first round pick that they used to select Royce White. And yes, it was a terrible ****ing trade by Donnie Walsh that badly handicapped this team and the Melo era for years.

CrushAlot
USA
2/20/2017  11:31 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

It was our 2012 first round pick that they used to select Royce White. And yes, it was a terrible ****ing trade by Donnie Walsh that badly handicapped this team and the Melo era for years.

The Walsh era was really bad. I think it is sugar coated some because Donnie was a good guy and was transparent with the media. I have heard several writers that covered the Knicks from that era rave about Walsh but it always was about how he treated them not about basketball moves made.
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

2/20/2017  11:45 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

The Walsh era was really bad. I think it is sugar coated some because Donnie was a good guy and was transparent with the media. I have heard several writers that covered the Knicks from that era rave about Walsh but it always was about how he treated them not about basketball moves made.

EXACTLY. The guy was striking out before he even came to New York with the Pacers being at or below a .400 team leading up to his departure. The only reason he got the hire was because of a league mandate to change up leadership and due to his positive history with Isiah. Beyond that, the guy was wholly out of his depth for the cutting edge stuff other executives had been demonstrating.

smackeddog
2/20/2017  11:48 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Yep- they adjust their coverage depending on how they are treated- one of the reasons for the anti-Phil campaign is he treats them like trash now

CrushAlot
USA
2/20/2017  9:16 PM
The Los Angeles Clippers have intermittently discussed a Blake Griffin trade with the Boston Celtics this season though a deal is unlikely at this point.

Griffin will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason. The Celtics would likely seek official permission to talk to Griffin about his future before executing a trade.

The Clippers would seek Jae Crowder, either Avery Bradley or Marcus Smart and multiple picks in exchange for Griffin.

CrushAlot
USA
2/20/2017  9:30 PM
crzymdups
USA
2/20/2017  9:55 PM
People saying this Isaiah tweet implies a Boston trade is going down tonight... Butler? Blake? ... Melo?

Supposedly Celtics started following Melo on Instagram tonight, too.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
2/20/2017  10:00 PM
crzymdups wrote:People saying this Isaiah tweet implies a Boston trade is going down tonight... Butler? Blake? ... Melo?

Supposedly Celtics started following Melo on Instagram tonight, too.

I thought I read the Bulls wanted to keep Butler. Boston is the key to Melo leaving. Whether he goes to the Celts or the Celts get Blake and the Clips use assets to get Melo. Also, I can't imagine it would be easy for Doc to go home if he traded Austin.
CrushAlot
USA
2/20/2017  10:05 PM
Trade deadline trades and rumors

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy