2/12/2017  2:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/12/2017  2:10 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/12/2017  2:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Why do Portland get a first? Nurkic has looked pretty good at times, I like this deal a lot for them.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/12/2017  3:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/12/2017  3:13 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Why do Portland get a first? Nurkic has looked pretty good at times, I like this deal a lot for them.

Nurkic sucks and Mason is a good center. However, I do not see why Denver would do this when you have Jokic and still have to pay Plumlee coming up. Denver front office seems content with being stuck in mediocrity

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

2/12/2017  3:09 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. The only thing I could think of might be the uncertainty of Nurkic'a health. He has been fairly injury-prone since being drafted, so maybe the pick is a realization of that and serves as a counterbalance. Whatever the case, I like the deal far more for the Blazers. They save money, add a pick and very well may have gotten the best value player in the trade.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/12/2017  3:15 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. The only thing I could think of might be the uncertainty of Nurkic'a health. He has been fairly injury-prone since being drafted, so maybe the pick is a realization of that and serves as a counterbalance. Whatever the case, I like the deal far more for the Blazers. They save money, add a pick and very well may have gotten the best value player in the trade.

They also now have 3 first round picks and are rumored to be interested in Okafor

smackeddog
2/12/2017  3:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/12/2017  3:19 PM
Rookie wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

They also now have 3 first round picks and are rumored to be interested in Okafor

How does ok4 fit with Portland?

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/12/2017  3:24 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Rookie wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

How does ok4 fit with Portland?

I rarely see west coast teams play, to late for me, so I can't say.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/12/2017  4:39 PM
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/12/2017  4:59 PM
That Portland/Denver trade makes zero sense.... and they say us fans dint understand trades and business. Neither do the guys in charge of nba franchises
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/12/2017  6:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Now Ibaka would make PERFECT sense for Portland imho. If I were them, I'd consider making a strong offer for him.

¿ △ ?
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

2/12/2017  6:58 PM
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Now Ibaka would make PERFECT sense for Portland imho. If I were them, I'd consider making a strong offer for him.

I'm surprised that Boston hasn't jumped into the fray.

crzymdups
USA
2/12/2017  7:42 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Yeah he'd be a really good fit there, too.

¿ △ ?
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/12/2017  9:20 PM
crzymdups wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Yeah he'd be a really good fit there, too.

I think you are thinking of the old Ibaka because his defense and rebounding are not what they once were. His blks and Drtg are in steady decline plus his rebounding is not what you want from a big. On top of that he is a FA this summer. The Blazers would be going backwards if they waste a pick on him when they had Plumlee and Boston already has Olynk who gives the team better rebounding and passing.

If I am the Blazers I think I try to put together a McCollum for Butler deal. I'd imagine the Blazers would have to give up some picks to get Jimmy. The Blazers would get better on defense and get some cap relief. The Bulls get younger while gaining a lethal shooter. They could possibly try moving him to the lead guard position to close the season. If I was the Bulls a did that deal I'd move C.J. to the point and then unload Gibson to get another pick and go into tank mode.

smackeddog
2/13/2017  12:27 PM
Cavs send Birdman ($1.5mil) and a second rounder to Sixers to clear some cap space (luxury tax) and a roster spot, I'm guessing to sign a backup PG (likely Farmer)- they were going to do that, but gave a 10 day contract when Derick Williams became available (they like him and want to keep him), so they had to clear a spot.
smackeddog
2/13/2017  1:40 PM
Rumors of pelicans and nets talking Lopez for Tyreke Evans, Galloway, Frazier and a pick- I'd take it if I were the nets, but they appear to be holding out for 2 first rounders. I think pelicans would crash and burn after this so the pick would be high.

would also indicate that Ok4 is going to the Bulls (he's even changed his twitter location to Chicago)

CrushAlot
USA
2/13/2017  5:46 PM
smackeddog wrote:Cavs send Birdman ($1.5mil) and a second rounder to Sixers to clear some cap space (luxury tax) and a roster spot, I'm guessing to sign a backup PG (likely Farmer)- they were going to do that, but gave a 10 day contract when Derick Williams became available (they like him and want to keep him), so they had to clear a spot.
CrushAlot
USA
2/13/2017  5:46 PM
crzymdups
USA
2/13/2017  6:38 PM
smackeddog wrote:Rumors of pelicans and nets talking Lopez for Tyreke Evans, Galloway, Frazier and a pick- I'd take it if I were the nets, but they appear to be holding out for 2 first rounders. I think pelicans would crash and burn after this so the pick would be high.

would also indicate that Ok4 is going to the Bulls (he's even changed his twitter location to Chicago)

I don't understand why the Pelicans are so dead set on getting a low post scorer to play next to AD. Seems like the wrong move. They're supposedly in on Okafor as well.

¿ △ ?
smackeddog
2/14/2017  3:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2017  3:35 AM
crzymdups wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Rumors of pelicans and nets talking Lopez for Tyreke Evans, Galloway, Frazier and a pick- I'd take it if I were the nets, but they appear to be holding out for 2 first rounders. I think pelicans would crash and burn after this so the pick would be high.

I don't understand why the Pelicans are so dead set on getting a low post scorer to play next to AD. Seems like the wrong move. They're supposedly in on Okafor as well.

I don't either, but their GM is pretty bad

Chandler
Member: #6197

2/14/2017  7:52 AM
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I don't either, but their GM is pretty bad

Remember when Asik was promising. And the Aninca

Pelicans and centers don't mix well.

(5)(5)
Trade deadline trades and rumors

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy