[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

5-year contract could net Allen $100.5 million
Author Thread
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
8/13/2004  6:10 AM
May some weird to all a lot of people, but I would choose houston.

Much of the negative thoughs we have about him are biaised because of his contract. He's proven (until last yr) to be more durable, and contrary to allen, has not a bad ego. Allen is a kind of "i 'am, me, myself" player. Houston always did his best to do his job, even playing through injury.

Moreover, allen had cassel and then brent barry to carry him the ball in good conditions. Houston only had ward and eisley. that alone proves what he's worth. How many decoys did houston have over the last few years ?

AUTOADVERT
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
8/13/2004  7:34 AM
I think Allen is too old for that kind of a contract. At least when Houston got his he was a few years younger. It still makes absolutely no sense for both players to get that kind of a money, but Houston was on a winning team ( at the time)
simrud
Member: #474
USA
8/13/2004  4:12 PM
Why don't you look at Allen's stats, then talk about his passing and ball hadling. You also completley ignored rebounding. Just compare there stas, you will see that Allen is a much much better player.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
8/13/2004  8:58 PM
ray allen is a max player because his stats say so, and because the max is there to be paid. what really gets me is you'll have players like allen wanting to be traded a few years down the road to play on a championship team....just because. as you can read, allen stats are so impressive this up coming season seattle will make the playoffs again!.....well we did'nt think so either. yeah, go ahead compare his stats and when you're ready consider him a second round draft pick in some fantasy league. with seattle, allen is good trade bait
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
8/14/2004  12:04 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by joec32033:

something to remember...we gave Allan a 5 year $100 mil contract at age 28 or 29, right? He is getting one at almost the same age, for the same amount (it was reported it was around $100 mil on ESPN radio, I heard)..The difference is Allen may be a marginally better player, but he has a history of injuries....Houston was an iron man up to 2 years ago. Allen will never be mistaken for an ironman.

Houston has played 769 games out of 788 games in his 10 yrs in the league (rookie season included and 50 out of 50 stike shortened seasson games)before last year.

Ray has played (with the same things included since his rookie year of 96-97) in 523 out of 624 games not including last year....he was solid up until 200-01....he started missing alot of time.

Stats taken from NBA.com players Stats.

[Edited by - joec32033 on 08/12/2004 13:50:22]
Ray Allen is more than just marginally better than Allan Houston 9even when Houston was 29). Ray Allen is a much better ball-handler and playmaker; he gives about 5 assists a game. He's a better defender and a much better rebounder, and he gets more steals.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 08/12/2004 15:54:07]

He also chokes in the playoffs, is alot more injured (based on past seasons, even though he is younger), I don't think he is that much a better defender....I count intangibles when I measure (or try to measure) a players skill level. Ray doesn't have the intangibles. As of now, Ray is the better player (but not by much), but I take Allan Houston in his prime over Ray Allen anyday...
~You can't run from who you are.~
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
8/14/2004  12:10 PM
Posted by NineMike2Whiskey:

If it was toss up who would get a max contract between Allen and Houston, it has to be Allen. Do either deserve a max contract Hell No.

As of now, I would probably take Ray Allen...because he is youngers, IMO, neither are worth the max, I agree...but let's not lose sight of the year Allan was having when we gave him that contract...
~You can't run from who you are.~
5-year contract could net Allen $100.5 million

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy