[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks vs. Clips............2 Rivers run through MSG. Audition night!!!!
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

2/9/2017  11:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/9/2017  11:02 PM
crzymdups wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Where game was lost. Knicks up 103-94. We go big with KO and Willy.

Blake drives gets fouled by KO 103-96
Rose misses dribble up Jumper
Willy leaves Jordan which forces foul by holiday 103-98
Holiday misses 3pt. shot
Griffin spins and goes hard for layup 103-100
Melo jump shot 105-100
Loose ball foul/ Jordan foul shots 105-102
Lee jump shot 107-102
Steal and Missed shot by Lee. Melo alone at three point line.
Blake layup off shot by Reddick. 107-104
KO blocked by Jordan
Reddick 3pt. shot 107-107
Kp misses deep three
Jordan cuts to basket 107-109

Goodbye lead.

If Melo defends Blake the entire game, he fouls out. He was picking a lot of fouls as a 4. He has to battle inside and do a lot more post work and even switch on DAJ many times in box outs, but I definitely agree and have said for a while his best position is 4.

KP's your starting 4. Melo's best spot is 4. Pick one.

Is it smart to pick Melo at 33 years of age and with declining health over KP? Melo's not even an all star anymore. Picking Melo - not smart in my opinion.

You can't keep both because it gets you nowhere. Factor Willy is coming in real strong at 5. You need to plan a future with Willy as your 5, not KP as your 5. KP should just focus on his defensive IQ. Too many stupid fouls. Too much defense played with hands and not feet. His mistakes can be corrected, but they won't be unless he has some better coaching defensively.

I guess the medium is that well keep Melo. Keep juggling Melo at 3/4 and KP at 4/5. Willy and other C's at 5. Keep struggling with foot speed and defense. You'll be stuck at that 30 wins no playoffs situation another year. I don't even mind all that much. Pretty sure Melo will opt out in 2018 to get repaid. In which case Knicks have added two lottery picks in 2017 and 2018 in the meantime.

What position can KP defend?

Answer: none

KP and Hernangomez are terrible defenders but you can't say stuff like that around here

WOW! Terrible? Just so we're clear KP's Defensive Rating is 109 and Willy's is 108. Now Melo is 112 and Rose is 115. Lee is 114. I expect that we haven't seen the best from KP and Willy defensively. They are on the way up. So let's relax on the bashing of these kids.
its perspective. They are wonderful prospects, that doesnt make them elite NBA players. What does every young player struggle with first? Defending NBA pros. To say they are not good defenders is accurate. To knock them for it is piss and vinegar which also has some context "around here."

Yep. Just not the same piss and vinegar when it's Phil, Noah, any other player on this team and specially KP. Let's just keep it on Melo. Because that doesn't get old.

I have no idea what your trying to say here

Let's try this, you think it's unfair to knock KP, Willy, Phil and Noah. As you defend them quite often. But anything said about KP's or Willy's game is "piss and vinegar"? Yet your okay with the endless threads to put all the blame on Melo. Last I checked this is a forum to talk about the Knicks. Sorry that it includes talking about all players weaknesses and things they need to improve on. Melo haters don't get it. We are not defending Melo's need to get better in many areas. It's obvious he has lots of flaws. We are just tired of the endless blame game on one player for this major **** up we call the Knicks. Which you also seem to be tired of. That and the exaggerated expectations most place on young players. Only to be dissappointed. If you want, I'll give you a list of all the hyped up players on this forum that have gone on to do squat.

Amen.

I love KP's potential - but his defense on Jordan cost them the game last night. Pure and simple. He's not an elite defender and is not strong enough yet to stop a guy like Jordan. Melo played a great game. KP cost them the game with some bad defense and silly fouls. I don't think he should've been on the floor with 5 fouls and two min to go. Put KOQ in there. But you're not allowed to say that or you're a Melo Apologist or something.

I like almost all the guys on this team. But I'm gonna talk about their flaws.

Totally fair criticism. KP can't defend deandre or the like down load

The best you can do w that matchup is punish them at the other end. Make DJ defend on the perimeter and hopefully get clean looks or fouls

They needed some strength and hustle to defend DJ. And hats off to him. He is fairly one dimensional on offense but does it well. He runs to the front of the rim and beats the defenders down the floor

Smart second round pick. Score guys like that in 2d and u can turn franchise Around

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
Game Thread: Knicks vs. Clips............2 Rivers run through MSG. Audition night!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy