[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Lakers in town for the 7pm game, watch on TNT
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

2/6/2017  8:04 PM
crzymdups wrote:Jeff Hornacek finally calls a timeout with 4min to go in the second quarter after the Lakers went on a 30-10 run for the first 8min of the quarter.

He knows they quit on him.

Great culture Phil has built here.

They quit on the coach
Won't say it in public
But it's clear they have
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/6/2017  8:05 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Yeah. They quit on him. They quit on Rambis, Fisher, Woodson and Dantonintoo.

Common thread ? M E L O

I got another common thread, because this team quit on Isiah, Don Chaney, Larry Brown, etc

¿ △ ?
ScoreBot
2/6/2017  8:06 PM
2Q - 1:02
NYK 40 LAL 59
ScoreBot
2/6/2017  8:08 PM
2Q - 0:16
NYK 43 LAL 61
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/6/2017  8:09 PM
crzymdups wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Yeah. They quit on him. They quit on Rambis, Fisher, Woodson and Dantonintoo.

Common thread ? M E L O

I got another common thread, because this team quit on Isiah, Don Chaney, Larry Brown, etc

Ok. True too. I have not heard much about Dolan the past few years so unless behind the scenes he is still a pain , I am not sure it's true anymore.

SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

2/6/2017  8:09 PM
We gave up 61 points to the Lakers in the 1st half. Rambis's defense paying dividends once again.
ScoreBot
2/6/2017  8:10 PM
HALFTIME
NYK 45 LAL 61
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/6/2017  8:12 PM
The organization tried to alienate Melo but destroyed the team...Nice work...
crzymdups
USA
2/6/2017  8:12 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Common thread ? M E L O

Ok. True too. I have not heard much about Dolan the past few years so unless behind the scenes he is still a pain , I am not sure it's true anymore.

I have a feeling he's getting close to blowing his stack.

I think they must have told him to lie back a little - he hasn't come out much since Phil was signed. But Mills still supposedly gives him updates.

The real problem is just perpetually trying to re-load instead of rebuild. I admit I got fooled by this summer's moves. Now I really just want to draft good young players and build a team.

¿ △ ?
nyknickzingis

2/6/2017  8:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2017  8:17 PM
The team came out from the get go with a stupid mindset
First few plays right away went with Melo at the block isolating. Sure Melo made the shots but the entire Q we never had any ball movement. Lax on D.

We should be using screens up high with KP.
Melo or Rose should be the ballhandlers in that situation.

Why we are continuing to run an offense that caters to individual scoring I do not know.

KP has completely lost his touch and feel in this set up. He doesn't seem to even know what his role is. We have to run an offence that has Melo or Rose getting screens from KP while they handle the ball. At least in that situation they may look to move the ball.

Awful game plan by Horny. It's as if he encourages Melo to isolate. Why have those sets to start the game?

crzymdups
USA
2/6/2017  8:16 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:The team came out from the get go with a stupid mindset
First few plays right away went with Melo at the block isolating. Sure Melo made the shots but the entire Q we never had any ball movement. Lax on D.

Why we are continuing to run an offense that caters to individual scoring I do not know.

KP has completely lost his touch and feel in this set up. He doesn't seem to even know what his role is.

Awful.

I admit to having no clue what KP's role is with the starting lineup. Melo isolates on the wing, Rose wants the lane open, there's nowhere for KP to setup except outside the 3pt line.

¿ △ ?
nyknickzingis

2/6/2017  8:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2017  8:21 PM
crzymdups wrote:

KP has completely lost his touch and feel in this set up. He doesn't seem to even know what his role is.

Awful.

I admit to having no clue what KP's role is with the starting lineup. Melo isolates on the wing, Rose wants the lane open, there's nowhere for KP to setup except outside the 3pt line.

I don't know what the real behind the scenes problems are.
Horny was part of Sloans pick and roll system that was fantastic
I don't know why he doesn't use KP and Rose in that 2 man game situation or Melo and KP as our bread and butter. We can mix it up with other stuff obviously.

Instead we post dump to Melo isolating?

Phil was a great coach and I know he loves the Triangle but Jeff doesn't run much Triangle either. I don't think Jeff has a good vision for the team. He has lots of great sets but no real consistent blue print he wants to use. Or is Jeff just catering to Melo and Rose? I don't know what's going on.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/6/2017  8:21 PM
crzymdups wrote:

Awful.

MF BINGO!!! Makes ZERO SENSE. This isn't even Hornacek's offensive philosophy!!! It's like he's been beat down into going along with this style of ball!!! It's completely opposite to what Hornacek believes in. WTF???

SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

2/6/2017  8:21 PM
crzymdups wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Common thread ? M E L O

I have a feeling he's getting close to blowing his stack.

I think they must have told him to lie back a little - he hasn't come out much since Phil was signed. But Mills still supposedly gives him updates.

The real problem is just perpetually trying to re-load instead of rebuild. I admit I got fooled by this summer's moves. Now I really just want to draft good young players and build a team.

Losses like this are a blessing in disguise if it forces management's hand in finally and truly rebuilding. If this continues for the next 2 weeks, they will have no choice but to blow it all up by trading the likes of Melo and Rose and tanking the season. This is what's in the best interest of the franchise and its future.

crzymdups
USA
2/6/2017  8:23 PM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Awful.

MF BINGO!!! Makes ZERO SENSE. This isn't even Hornacek's offensive philosophy!!! It's like he's been beat down into going along with this style of ball!!! It's completely opposite to what Hornacek believes in. WTF???

I wonder if that player's meeting in November that supposedly turned the season around, the team voted to scrap the Triangle and play this style. It worked for a little while, but it's not an offensive system and it seems to just devolve to isolations.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/6/2017  8:24 PM
holfresh wrote:The organization tried to alienate Melo but destroyed the team...Nice work...
It seems that way.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nyknickzingis

2/6/2017  8:25 PM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Awful.

Why I think it isn't Phil.
When Melo or Rose are out and BJ comes in, they play the right way.
They may lose they may suck but the offense is fun and the ball moves we get more pick and rolls as well.

So if it were Phil then that would not happen

To me it is as if the starters don't want to play that style so Horny just caters to them.

ScoreBot
2/6/2017  8:26 PM
3Q - 11:32
NYK 45 LAL 61
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/6/2017  8:26 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/6/2017  8:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2017  8:28 PM
Halftime music is 'me myself and I' followed by 'it takes two to make a thing go right'. This franchise is broken. Lots of subliminal hate going around
GameThread: Lakers in town for the 7pm game, watch on TNT

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy