[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Cavs in town tonight, Melo audition?
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

2/4/2017  11:02 PM
NumberTwoPencil wrote:Yeah, Melo.

However, the Knicks looked better coached, more focused, and generally a better _team_ tonight than I've seen most of the year. Melo and KP were iffy, at best but, I dunno, maybe Rose sitting out make the difference.

AUTOADVERT
ScoreBot
2/4/2017  11:02 PM
FINAL
NYK 104 CLE 111
MS
Member: #724
2/4/2017  11:03 PM
Just can't allow the switches. Melo actually got up on Lebron and made it difficult for a few possessions. Jeff needs to get Melo more time at the 4, it's not that difficult.

Phil really **** us with Noah. Willy literally is the steal of the decade at under 2MM, combined with the low salary of KP they really could have got aggressive and maxed out two more guys and built a contender.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/4/2017  11:06 PM
For what it is worth...Willy had another solid game in front of a national audience and was being talked about a lot on the broadcast. Stock up.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/4/2017  11:06 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
MS wrote:It's a ****ing disgrace. These guys literally switch every play. Lebron was one on one with a center no shortage of two dozen times.

We lost the game on the free throw line tonight.

Can't be competitive if KP is going to constantly commit stupid fouls.

The switching seems to be done more and more these days- No way we did it this much earlier in the year.

Woodson used to do this. Worked until it didn't. Once teams know you'll switch so liberally u end up w quick on slow on outside and big on small in inside.

Lazy and sloppy D. But that's now why we lost.

We didn't stay in front and we didn't get up. Slow feet and poor attitude

(5)(5)
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/4/2017  11:11 PM
Chandler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
MS wrote:It's a ****ing disgrace. These guys literally switch every play. Lebron was one on one with a center no shortage of two dozen times.

The switching seems to be done more and more these days- No way we did it this much earlier in the year.

Woodson used to do this. Worked until it didn't. Once teams know you'll switch so liberally u end up w quick on slow on outside and big on small in inside.

I love KP, and have always promoted him, but his defense has not progressed, and although most of it is correctable, it is annoying to see him make the same mistakes. Until recently it was him looking inside too, now it is the switching. I see this as a coaching issue- they have to reign in KP's desire to patrol the lane and challenge EVERY shot taken in the paint, while ignoring an opponent who can hit a high % of 3s when open.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/4/2017  11:21 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Chandler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

I love KP, and have always promoted him, but his defense has not progressed, and although most of it is correctable, it is annoying to see him make the same mistakes. Until recently it was him looking inside too, now it is the switching. I see this as a coaching issue- they have to reign in KP's desire to patrol the lane and challenge EVERY shot taken in the paint, while ignoring an opponent who can hit a high % of 3s when open.

Rambis is old school.
Right now a 3 point shot is more dangerous than a layup or drive attempt.
We need a mobile big that can defend the 3 and also anchor. KP is that guy, but we play him at 4.

Rambis does know defense, but his defense that helped the Lakers was when the 3 point shot had not become the #1 weapon for most teams. Next year we have to get a defensive assistant to work with Hornachek who has shown success in the modern era.

Our schemes are too old school on defense. KP suffers for it. They have to work with KP on being more active, more in your fac as a defender. Use a better stance. It can be taught, but I don't think this coaching staff is teaching it.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/4/2017  11:26 PM
Willy was awesome. KP wtf? achilles? Congrats to Phil. He crushed Melo. Now what? Thought MJax was absolutely spot on when he said Phil needs to tell Melo he is being traded or he wants him. Loved the footage with MJax's Mom and JVG.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
2/4/2017  11:28 PM
Loved JVG talking about the Knicks needing to watch a tape of all the eye rolling. Also, I really like Jennings running this team. He cares about team goals and puts that first.
CrushAlot
USA
2/4/2017  11:31 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Chandler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

It is really hard to watch. Love with the wide open three to ice the game doesn't happen if anyone but LBJ or CP3 has the ball but still you could count to three before he took that shot after he got the ball.
dwiley20
Member: #5755

2/5/2017  12:01 AM
we didnt lose because we switched on Screens....yall must be not seen are Defense when we dont switch...rotations horrible with Melo on the court...James made jumpers i will take that all day.Wake up..Woodson defense was the same switch the screens
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/5/2017  12:03 AM
knicks could have won this IF they could hit their free throws.
CrushAlot
USA
2/5/2017  12:21 AM
Caseloads wrote:knicks could have won this IF they could hit their free throws.
KP 2-5? The torch will be passed but it isn't time yet.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/5/2017  2:56 AM
Caseloads wrote:knicks could have won this IF they could hit their free throws.

If the Knicks hit their free throws, the Cavs would've tried harder.

¿ △ ?
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/5/2017  6:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2017  7:08 AM
Teams are dragging KP and Willy out to the perimeter, setting picks because they know the Knicks will switch and isolating them..They are terrible defenders on the perimeter...We countered a couple of times by going zone, light..Our coaches are terrible..Brandon Jennings made this a game (as much as a 10 point lead can be a game) otherwise the product was an embarrassment..We are building a frontline oriented team in a league where the rules were change to benefit guards on the perimeter..

But in all fairness to the coaches, we know what the elephant in the room is..
ccch
Member: #3876

2/5/2017  4:59 PM

Rambis does know defense, but his defense that helped the Lakers was when the 3 point shot had not become the #1 weapon for most teams. Next year we have to get a defensive assistant to work with Hornachek who has shown success in the modern era.

Our schemes are too old school on defense. KP suffers for it. They have to work with KP on being more active, more in your fac as a defender. Use a better stance. It can be taught, but I don't think this coaching staff is teaching it.

Rambis will take Jeff down...must get rid of this guy. He's bad Karma!

GameThread: Cavs in town tonight, Melo audition?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy