[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade To End All Trades
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
12/23/2001  10:25 PM
I posted this trade around a week ago I think, but decided to post it again since everyone is posting trades.

(Note:Miami would have to use thier $3 mil. trade exception)

Knicks Get:
Antonio McDyess, Nick Van Exel

Heat Get:
Latrell Sprewell, Charlie Ward, Raef LaFrentz

Nuggets Get:
Brian Grant, Eddie Jones, Marc Jackson, Knicks 1st Rounder in 2003, Knicks 2nd Rounder for 2001

Reasons for Knicks:
Spree is always bitching about getting a big man, so they could get one and ship him out, (ha imagine the irony), it frees up the PG log jam, they get a presence downlow, and like once a week on ESPN insider it says Spree has told friends that he wants out of NY.
Reasons for the Nuggets:
With all their draft picks, they will have veterans to teach the youth how to play, and w/ Jones and Grant, at least fans might want to see them play. Van Exel wants out and McDyess said w/o Quick Nick @ point, he's not playing in denver, and he's a free agent soon, so they would @ least get something for him.
Reasons for Heat:
Riley gets his two fav. players from NY in Spree and Ward, can semi-start to rebuild by dumping cash and getting a younger player in LaFrentz.

Knicks Starting Lineup:
C-Camby
PF-McDyess
SF-Anderson
SG-Houston
PG-Van Exel
Bench: Harrington, Thomas, Eisley
Knicks play the 8-man rotation, and they can trade Thomas or Harrington (preferrably Thomas) and get a small forward/2-guard and a draft pick from a team who needs help up front. Anderson guards the other best scoring guard (toronto-vc, boston-pierce, philly-iverson, etc.,) and w/ McDyess drawing doubles downlow, Van Exel and Houston could shoot threes like no tommorow, camby plays better slashing then backing down, so he could pop out and then slash, god, i'd love this trade.

trade id 438531
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
VG
Member: #68
Australia
12/23/2001  11:18 PM
This is a fantastic trade for New York but I'm not sure whether Denver would do it. Another thing to consider is McDyess, he like playing for low-markets, could he get used to playing in NY??
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
12/24/2001  12:51 AM
Yeah, good question, but he is a perennial all star and Olympian so its not like he's never played under the spotlight. Also, when the Nugs traded him to Phoenix a few years ago, that offseason he went back and signed w/ Denver, but I'd doubt he'd do that this time considering the state of Denver w/ Issel and everything.
#Knickstaps
Trade To End All Trades

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy