[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sactown on it's last days?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/11/2004  12:28 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=smith_sam&id=1856243

Sam Smith with is silly butt wrote this article but it makes sense since Bobby Jackson said he will not resign and Peja said he wants out.

This brings up Webber......I would say Peja but his value is too high right now.

Webber as a high priced roll player would be a good pick up. Maybe for Allan Houston, KT, etc.....Sactown already knows what type of team they can be without him.....
Christie is a big part of that team but he isn't clutch and he always seems to have alot of open jumpshots down the stretch of games that he simply can't knock down.

Thoughts?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
8/11/2004  6:01 PM
Webber can be traded for another big - why take H20? If I was thinking like the Kings thats exactly what my thought process would be.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
PooPooPrince
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #719
8/11/2004  6:35 PM
U could offer Houston,Thomas and Sweetney for Cwebb and Chrisite
and theres a chance they might bite. Anything less like Thomas and Houston straight up and they'll say no.

Although injury prone when Cwebb is healthy he's a 20.10.5 every night
and that would put the Knicks atleast 45-50 + wins

Webbers contract is a year longer than Houston's while Chistie's is shorter that Thomas'. If I were Isiah I would make that offer because although u're mortgaging your future with Sweetney you are getting a superstar upfront who's value is at an all time low after just recovering from injury.

christie
marbury
thomas
webber
maybe dampier won't have 2nd thoughts of sigining the mle

crawford
penny
jyd
nazr

it's a sick team on paper, if that team is healthy ill bet a bag of cookies that they'll crush detroit.

It's not a high risk for the Knicks because Houston is on 1 leg anyways. I think there's like 1% chance that this will happen though
EnySpree

8/11/2004  8:29 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

Webber can be traded for another big - why take H20? If I was thinking like the Kings thats exactly what my thought process would be.

I thought about that but Webber ran the high post from the foul line and out. Sactown play totally different when Webb gets hurt. They are more exciting and less predictable.....The offense would run through the shooters like Bibby, and Peja but adding Houston would just be annoying for a team to defend. KT is a jump shooter also and If they can get Sweets also they just condider especially if Isiah can get Webber to demand a trade to New York.....

Webber
Timmy
Damp
Marbs
Crawford

I don't think there is a team in the league that could mess with that line-up. On paper at least.....

This is a pipe dream trade but it could happen cuz who would trade a star player like say Vince, or Ray for Webber and his injury prone butt?

The Knicks are the only team that would take that chance.....

[Edited by - enyspree on 08/11/2004 20:32:08]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
NineMike2Whiskey
Member: #732
8/11/2004  9:48 PM
Well it will be starphucking all over again but we'll have one hell of a season or two with this lineup I can live with that.
TLover
Member: #381
USA
8/11/2004  10:17 PM
Is this a good follow up trade ?

Naz & Shandon for Szcebeiack & Olawakandi.

I think Kandi-Man can be as good or better than Dampier. HE is also younger & cheaper. I was do this trade even if Ervin Johnson were substituted.

Even though we take on Wally's big contract & injury history, we get a shooter to replace Allan Houston, starting center (in Olowakandi, if we get him) and most importantly we get rid of Shandon.

Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
8/11/2004  10:31 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

There is no way anyone would take H2O's contract off our hands unless its the last year of his contract. He has absolutely no other use than jump shooting and takes up way too much cap space to be even remotely worth it.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
EnySpree

8/12/2004  11:15 AM
Webber in NY would just be so cool.....

He showed up at the Rucker with no security and no one even knew he was in the city or that he was coming. Dude has a New York personality. I think the Chemistry would be ridiculous with Marbs, Craw, Timmy, Webber and say Dampier.....

Isiah has to at least make an offer for Webber.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/12/2004  11:31 AM
i'd be willing to bet that he's at least considered it, but getting the Kings to take Allan Houston's contract off our hands would be alot to expect...

maybe if he offered them Penny & Sweetney for C-Webb it would be more attractive than the thought of taking on Houston's contract? or if they preferred, TT & Sweetney instead? i don't know...just throwing out some possible combo's here.

Penny, KT & Sweetney for C-Webb & Christie would work cap wise as well.

that would really help the Knicks' cause in getting Dampier to sign for the MLE...then Baker would probably sign for the LLE if he could be assured of having a significant role in the offense off the bench:

C - Dampier / Nazr
PF - Webber / Baker / JYD
SF - TT / Ariza / Shandon
SG - Houston / Christie
PG - Marbury / Crawford
IR - Moochie

great team on paper, but 2 major concerns in Houston & C-Webb staying healthy for a full season...even w/o those 2, that team would have enough depth to at least make the playoffs in the East imho.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/12/2004  11:38 AM
I don't think I'd risk Sweets on Webber.

Sweets is only going on 22, and if given the time, can be a great presence down low. Webber, is 31, another huge contract we don't need, and is constantly injured. His last 3 years, he's played 54, 67, and 23 games during the season.

Even if it takes a year or two to develop Sweets, I think we should take it.

[Edited by - MaTT4281 on 08/12/2004 11:46:20]
TMS
USA
8/12/2004  11:45 AM
perfectly understandable...it's a move that has high risks, but also has high potential reward as well, because a team like that if healthy could definitely contend for a title imho.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
8/12/2004  11:52 AM
over the enxt 4 yrs, i can find around 80 millions of reasons not to trade for webber.

(next 4 yrs salary : $17,531,250 $19,125,000 $20,718,750 $22,312,500 )

No way we sacrifice youth or potential on him. The deal would be we give you houston, who happens to have a shorter contract than chris.

We're not talking about one average yr, but a 20 millions bucks saving.

If webber is traded, they will keep peja. choice is their.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/12/2004  12:28 PM
Posted by raven:

over the enxt 4 yrs, i can find around 80 millions of reasons not to trade for webber.

(next 4 yrs salary : $17,531,250 $19,125,000 $20,718,750 $22,312,500 )

No way we sacrifice youth or potential on him.
I agree 100%. I wouldn't trade Steph, Jamal, TT, or Sweetney for Webber.
TMS
USA
8/12/2004  12:55 PM
Kings won't take Houston unless you throw in Sweetney & some future picks to entice them to make the deal...who has more trade value? C-Webb or Houston? it's not even close in my eyes...C-Webb is the more impactful player for any team...both have their health issues & both contracts are horrible...the Kings don't need to trade away C-Webb & take back a contract like Houston's...it's just not going to happen.
Bonn1997
USA
8/12/2004  1:17 PM
Posted by TMS:

Kings won't take Houston unless you throw in Sweetney & some future picks to entice them to make the deal...who has more trade value? C-Webb or Houston? it's not even close in my eyes...C-Webb is the more impactful player for any team...both have their health issues & both contracts are horrible...the Kings don't need to trade away C-Webb & take back a contract like Houston's...it's just not going to happen.
I agree and that's why I see no scenario where we have something I'm willing to give up to get Webber and that Sac is interested in. So, he can stay in Sac
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/12/2004  2:08 PM
They don't have a need for an allan type player with Peja and Christie on the team. Shorter contract is nice incentive.

CWeb cracks under pressure. His Ncaa melt down and the conf final collapse against the Lakes are epic.

But we don't have anyone whom has cracked at a critical moment, cuz they have never been in one!
Bonn1997
USA
8/12/2004  2:14 PM
Posted by Nalod:

They don't have a need for an allan type player with Peja and Christie on the team. Shorter contract is nice incentive.

CWeb cracks under pressure. His Ncaa melt down and the conf final collapse against the Lakes are epic.

But we don't have anyone whom has cracked at a critical moment, cuz they have never been in one!
I could have sworn I remembered Allan Houston taking the Knicks to the finals and Penny being a key part of Orlando's run to the finals.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/12/2004  2:25 PM
why wont the Kings take Houston for Webber straight up? The played better without Webber and they save $22mm and nobody in the NBA besides the Knicks could take afford to take a gamble that Webber has lost a step. If the Kings decide Peja and CWebb cant work together who do they want to move?

I'm not even making an arguement for us getting CWebb... but his value to sheeot around the league and nobody's touching that. Houston's isnt much better. At Least CWeb returned (poorly) last year. Houston never made it back into a game. Who's playing 80mm for a PF with a knee injury thats averaged just over 50 games a year the past 3-4 years? How about sending them a bunch of fodder? KT/Shandon/Moochie... that saves them something in the $50mm in future salary. That I would consider... just for the drama aspect alone.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
USA
8/12/2004  3:41 PM
i don't see the Kings' ownership being able to justify a trade like that to their fanbase, no matter how much money they stand to save...unless they plan on having a complete firesale & selling off all their talent, in which case i think they could easily get crap players at the end of their deals & draft picks for a player of C-Webb's talents...no need for them to take on any undesirable contracts like those of Shandon Anderson or Moochie Norris in the process.

anyway, like Bonn said, you either are willing to give up alot to get C-Webb, or you accept the fact that there isn't a match to be made...the Knicks won't be able to get C-Webb from SAC for garbage like KT, Shandon & Moochie...no way no how.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/12/2004  4:23 PM
because the Kings have a young core of Bibby/Peja/Miller to rest on.

How do they justify losing Vlade (one of their most important players) to their arch rival Lakers for a MLE? Thats just cheap.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Sactown on it's last days?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy