[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Road game across down, Knicks visit Brooklym
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/1/2017  10:03 PM
Good comeback by the young guys. Willy played great, again. 2nd game in a row. He showed he deserves at least 25 min a game. Sasha gave nice appearance and was Pro ready. Liked Holidays energy, again. Starters were a waste. Kp played well in spite of not being 100%. Specially in 4th. Good thing we were playing the Nets. Needed a win. Cant wait to go see the game on Saturday. World Chumps.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

2/1/2017  10:04 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:KP sealing the game in "the man" role
First the big 3 then the FT

Don't forget the Willy ridiculous put back.

Willy was brilliant
I liked how we went to KP the entire 4th as if he were Melo. Unlike Melo he shoots the ball quickly within the offense. Not as much as stalling.

KP with a couple of runs to the foul line where he got the pass and converted.

Melo was clearly tired tonight, but you could see the difference on the offensive end when he was out of the game.

Have said this before about Rose and Melo...the rest of the guys will stand around when they are doing their thing, and it is an issue that always annoys me.

You also saw the difference in the game when Sasha came in, too. Say what you want about him, but he is always on the move, and I think the rest of the team seemed to get caught up with what he was doing.

Terrible opponent...but a fun game, nonetheless.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/1/2017  10:05 PM
dacash wrote:
ScoreBot wrote:
FINAL
BKN 90 NYK 95

WTF !!!!!!!!1 really i know its brooklyn but damn with melo missing and nobody doing anything i turned and come back to this wow serves me right

Oh ye of little faith...

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

2/1/2017  10:10 PM
Sasha just said that we were moving the ball well and we should do that for the rest of the season. Taking a shot at Melo and Rose. Love this guy.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/1/2017  10:19 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
dacash wrote:
ScoreBot wrote:
FINAL
BKN 90 NYK 95

WTF !!!!!!!!1 really i know its brooklyn but damn with melo missing and nobody doing anything i turned and come back to this wow serves me right

Oh ye of little faith...

It was hard to watch. Put me in a really bad mood but what an ending. Willy is really, really good.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/1/2017  10:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2017  10:48 PM
It was a terrible team but we were losing to the team and that too with Melo and Noah and the starters.
The way they played in the fourth quarter, if they play like that on a consistent basis they can win against good teams.

I hope there is not a major overhaul this offseason. We should bring many of the role players back. Get some continuity. We need to add some more young fresh legs to the starting 5. I actually like our bench more and more as the season has evolved, and the starters way less. Willy, O'Quinn, Kuz, Holiday, Jennings. I hope they all come back next year and even Baker/Plumlee get training camp invites. We need to find players who have more talent than our bench players, who can then go out and play this way against starters.

Jennings showed what a PG that runs Horny's playbook can do. Get the ball to KP. Get the ball inside to Willy. Find a shooter coming off screens at the 2. Get the ball out to the corners to your SF/wing. That's the type of team we need to build around KP/Willy moving forward. Jennings, Sasha, Holiday all played those roles around Willy/KP. Now I don't think Jennings, Sasha and Holiday are starting level talent on a good team. So we need to find players that have that kind of talent who will play the same way and like to play team ball. It's the essential ingredient to everything in my opinion. KP developing. Willy. The 2017 draft pick. Any good free agent we sign. We need to have that kind of environment for them to succeed.

Shame is Melo knows how to play that way, he chooses not to. Under Fish the first half of 2015/16 he was playing real well as a point forward. Was driving and kicking. Moving the ball. Encouraging team work. Isolation ball is a dying art in today's league. Almost no one wins playing heavy dose of isolation ball anymore.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/1/2017  11:29 PM
Need to see a lot more of Willy and KP together.
¿ △ ?
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/2/2017  7:36 AM
Willy's rebounding and poise are exceptional. One thing he does not get praised for often enough is his passing

I think we have another Marc Gasol in the making.

Now we need Phil to find some guards the way he has found bigs.

(5)(5)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/2/2017  1:18 PM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/2/2017  1:40 PM
martin wrote:
That sir is just good basketball
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/2/2017  9:46 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nyknickzingis

2/2/2017  9:55 PM
21 and 22 years old. I don't know if any other team has a better young bigman combination. There are some good combos out there, but most of them older players on veteran teams. These guys are just scratching the surface of what they could do in the right setting.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/3/2017  12:05 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:21 and 22 years old. I don't know if any other team has a better young bigman combination. There are some good combos out there, but most of them older players on veteran teams. These guys are just scratching the surface of what they could do in the right setting.

You can see what Phil's scouts saw with KP and Willy in Europe. They play off each other very well. The chemistry they have will only get better. For us diehard Knicks fans it's a pure treat to watch them play TEAM BALL. I can only imagine how it would be if they can draft more talent to run with them.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/3/2017  12:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/3/2017  12:08 AM
nixluva wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:21 and 22 years old. I don't know if any other team has a better young bigman combination. There are some good combos out there, but most of them older players on veteran teams. These guys are just scratching the surface of what they could do in the right setting.

You can see what Phil's scouts saw with KP and Willy in Europe. They play off each other very well. The chemistry they have will only get better. For us diehard Knicks fans it's a pure treat to watch them play TEAM BALL. I can only imagine how it would be if they can draft more talent to run with them.

The Knicks scout in Spain, Kevin Wilson, has been with the team since at least 2003. He scouted Lampe and was high on him.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/knicks-big-catch-european-scout-thrilled-to-snare-lampe-1.486078

¿ △ ?
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/3/2017  3:21 AM
nixluva wrote:

Willy was Mills pick, if I remember correctly- he went to see KP and noticed Willy and told Phil about him.

nyknickzingis

2/3/2017  10:39 AM
smackeddog wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Willy was Mills pick, if I remember correctly- he went to see KP and noticed Willy and told Phil about him.

All the moves go through Phil.
If we are going to blame Phil for the bad moves like Noah, and some questionable trades, gotta realize Mills can't make a final call without Phil.

With regards to drafting Phil is smart enough to put people around him who will advise him well suck as Gaines and others did with KP and Willy. But it isn't an exact science, they also advised him on Grant and Grant is simply not a good enough starting talent.

GameThread: Road game across down, Knicks visit Brooklym

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy