FINAL
WAS 117 NYK 101
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/31/2017  9:27 PM
Knixkik wrote:Maybe this game will finally force hornacek to start Willy and KP together...but I doubt it.

I hope we get to see that at some point. I'm guessing there will be plenty of meaningless games in March and April to give it a whirl

¿ △ ?
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/31/2017  9:47 PM
Loved that Willy showed he's legit starting talent, Really wish we would give him 15-20 minutes a night consistently. I want to see us give Willy and KP a look for extended time, to see if they can play at the NBA level together. They should on paper be a good match.

The rest is the usual, I won't waste my time with the negativity. This team is going lottery. Unfortunately we have the type of talent that we won't be losing enough to draft high enough to get a franchise level point guard. With Rose, KP some good role players like Lee, even with a Melo trade I see us winning 30-32 games. That's going to put us drafting at 9-10-11.

holfresh
Member: #1081

1/31/2017  9:49 PM
Knixkik wrote:Maybe this game will finally force hornacek to start Willy and KP together...but I doubt it.

Willy is not a 4 and look lost playing the 4..He didn't go out to the three to defend either..He was better once Noah left the court and had the freedom to play the middle...

crzymdups
USA
1/31/2017  9:51 PM
holfresh wrote:

Willy is not a 4 and look lost playing the 4..He didn't go out to the three to defend either..He was better once Noah left the court and had the freedom to play the middle...

Yeah, but Noah doesn't play outside and KP does. Willy and KP make sense together, because KP sets up outside on offense and Willy plays in the paint.

¿ △ ?
holfresh

1/31/2017  9:59 PM
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Yeah, but Noah doesn't play outside and KP does. Willy and KP make sense together, because KP sets up outside on offense and Willy plays in the paint.

KP can't defend the 4 either..So two guys starting and both will be out of position??..Nice rebuild..
crzymdups
USA
1/31/2017  10:01 PM
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:

KP can't defend the 4 either..So two guys starting and both will be out of position??..Nice rebuild..

I didn't say bet all the marbles on it. I said try it out. What do they have to lose? Other than draft position and developing the young guys, there is not much to play for at this point.

Also, KP and Willy WON A CHAMPIONSHIP in one of the youth leagues in Spain starting together - so I'd be curious if they knew how to play off one another. At the least you have to admit it makes more sense than Noah and KP or Noah and Willy.

¿ △ ?
reub
Member: #6227

1/31/2017  10:04 PM
holfresh wrote:

Everybody is better when Noah leaves the court.

holfresh

1/31/2017  10:08 PM
reub wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Touché..

holfresh

1/31/2017  10:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2017  10:12 PM
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:

I didn't say bet all the marbles on it. I said try it out. What do they have to lose? Other than draft position and developing the young guys, there is not much to play for at this point.

Also, KP and Willy WON A CHAMPIONSHIP in one of the youth leagues in Spain starting together - so I'd be curious if they knew how to play off one another. At the least you have to admit it makes more sense than Noah and KP or Noah and Willy.

If the team is serious about winning games, some one has to defend the 4 especially on the perimeter and he isn't a Knick yet..The best teams in the league have 4s that is adept at playing inside out..

stopstandthere
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #6004

1/31/2017  10:22 PM
reub wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Yes indeed.

How many years Noah will be with Knicks?

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/1/2017  8:08 AM
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:

If the team is serious about winning games, some one has to defend the 4 especially on the perimeter and he isn't a Knick yet..The best teams in the league have 4s that is adept at playing inside out..

No the best teams in the league have a superstar or two superstars that carry the team.

James and Kyrie
DeRozan and Lowry
Durant and Curry

Or one player like a Harden or Westbrook or Leonard

We have two players making superstar money - Rose and Melo - and neither plays at an all star level. Neither made the team this year. If both were playing like their contract warrants (2011 versions of them) we would be a top 4 team right now.

Neither comes close to being a star that can carry a team. They're still good individual players but have shown the last few years they are not worth the money and cap invested in them.

You're complaining about KP (5 million) and Willy (2 million)? Seriously? They are 21 and 22 and the lone bright spots for this team. Is Kevin Love a better defender than KP? No way. He is not and he starts at 4 for a championship team. Last years Cavs were using Mosgov and Love as starters for a long portion of the season. KP and Willy can easily be as good defensively. Here's the thing - combined they have less than a 150 NBA games between them. Combined they don't even have two years worth of NBA regular season play.

If the Knicks had invested the 62 million a year they did in Melo, Rose and Noah in 5 players who were younger, played harder on défense and could shoot the the ball we would be a better team right now. The mess is having 62 million invested in those 3. Instead you could have 5-6 other starting caliber players and you have a bench and a starting lineup.

We can get out of the Rose contract at years end, Melo is being shopped but Noah will be one mistake Jackson cannnot correct any time soon. I worry we will keep Rose because he's got star power with his name and he can make nice highlight plays that excite fans at MSG. But if it were me I'd go for a complete rebuild and my first three building pieces would be KP, Willy and the 2017 lottery pick. If we got Austin Rivers or Jae Crowder from a Melo trade that's 4 building blocks and then you use cap space wisely, on free agents 25/26 or younger who have athletic prime years ahead of them (such as Rivers who is only 24).

holfresh

2/1/2017  10:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2017  10:56 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:

No the best teams in the league have a superstar or two superstars that carry the team.

James and Kyrie
DeRozan and Lowry
Durant and Curry

We have two players making superstar money - Rose and Melo - and neither plays at an all star level. Neither made the team this year. If both were playing like their contract warrants (2011 versions of them) we would be a top 4 team right now.

Neither comes close to being a star that can carry a team. They're still good individual players but have shown the last few years they are not worth the money and cap invested in them.

You're complaining about KP (5 million) and Willy (2 million)? Seriously? They are 21 and 22 and the lone bright spots for this team. Is Kevin Love a better defender than KP? No way. He is not and he starts at 4 for a championship team. Last years Cavs were using Mosgov and Love as starters for a long portion of the season. KP and Willy can easily be as good defensively. Here's the thing - combined they have less than a 150 NBA games between them. Combined they don't even have two years worth of NBA regular season play.

If the Knicks had invested the 62 million a year they did in Melo, Rose and Noah in 5 players who were younger, played harder on défense and could shoot the the ball we would be a better team right now. The mess is having 62 million invested in those 3. Instead you could have 5-6 other starting caliber players and you have a bench and a starting lineup.

We can get out of the Rose contract at years end, Melo is being shopped but Noah will be one mistake Jackson cannnot correct any time soon. I worry we will keep Rose because he's got star power with his name and he can make nice highlight plays that excite fans at MSG. But if it were me I'd go for a complete rebuild and my first three building pieces would be KP, Willy and the 2017 lottery pick. If we got Austin Rivers or Jae Crowder from a Melo trade that's 4 building blocks and then you use cap space wisely, on free agents 25/26 or younger who have athletic prime years ahead of them (such as Rivers who is only 24).

If you can't defend Draymond Green/Durant, KLove/Thompson/Bron, Aldridge, all who plays the 4 in today's game, you aren't winning any Championships..A decade from now it will be worse...

crzymdups
USA
2/1/2017  11:57 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:

James and Kyrie
DeRozan and Lowry
Durant and Curry

Melo can still ocassionally pull out an all-star performance. But for his style of play, he really needs to score 30-35 points for it to be an all-star level impact. As we've seen - he's still capable some nights. Certainly not every night anymore.

¿ △ ?
holfresh

2/1/2017  12:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2017  12:30 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:

James and Kyrie
DeRozan and Lowry
Durant and Curry

Melo can still ocassionally pull out an all-star performance. But for his style of play, he really needs to score 30-35 points for it to be an all-star level impact. As we've seen - he's still capable some nights. Certainly not every night anymore.

Stop playing him full quarters..It drains him...I saw only two games this season where he ran like he did last year...

Better yet, trade him, the next team will cut his minutes...
GameThread: At Wiz for the earlier than usual game, 7pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy