[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sick of players using NY as negotiating tool
Author Thread
bernard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #475
8/11/2004  11:51 AM
I know ... it's hardly anything new ... but I'm getting tired of hearing how everyone wants to come play for the Knicks when all they're trying to do is get more money out of someone else.

I've got a bad feeling that's what Damps is doing (would be thrilled to be proven wrong). Not sure what angle VC had in mind in saying he wants to be in NY, but it sure doesn't seem to have had much to do with any real possibility of playing here. And 'Toine's sense that he'd end up a Knick didn't amount to much.

IT says this all is a good sign ... that folks want to come here ... that he's built something promising. IMO, it's just a sign that we're seen as the biggest spenders. Let's see 1 or 2 guys take less to play here -- then IT can crow. In the meantime, I'm rooting especially hard against anyone who's used us to try to lever up their negotiating position.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/11/2004  12:03 PM
they would be dumb not too.. every FA should look at every opportunity. If NY inflates your value along the way so be it.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/11/2004  12:20 PM
I feel your pain.

I'm quite sick of it too......
At least guys are once agin coming out in the media saying they like the Knicks. The Knicks were a joke for too long even when they were playing well and winning back in the Ewing years.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/11/2004  12:24 PM
Blame Layden for Shadon Anderson, Howard Eisely and Clearance Weatherspoon. If those guys never worn a Knicks uniform we might actually sign some of these excellent free agents.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/11/2004  12:46 PM
Well we did get Marbury and Jamal within an 8 month period. That alone is reason to be happy. And Baker obviously meant it back in March when he said he wanted to join the Knicks for the season. Surely, some players use NY but it looks like many really DO want to come to NY; it's just that we don't have the assets to bring all of them here.
Sick of players using NY as negotiating tool

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy