[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Hornets in town
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/27/2017  10:04 PM
I love this team when they play like they did tonight.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/27/2017  10:04 PM
WP76 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
WP76 wrote:Glad BJ didn't get a tech for that bonehead move.
What was he trying to do
Get in their heads. I like it.
Yeah I wonder why someone would call that a boneheaded move. You would want someone on your team to throw them off

It's bonehead because he could be teed up for it when the game is on the line. We didn't need to give the other team a FT and possession in a tie game.

You cannot get teed up for trying to listen to what an opposing coach is saying
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
WP76
Member: #4508

1/27/2017  10:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2017  10:33 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
WP76 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
What was he trying to do
Yeah I wonder why someone would call that a boneheaded move. You would want someone on your team to throw them off

It's bonehead because he could be teed up for it when the game is on the line. We didn't need to give the other team a FT and possession in a tie game.

You can get teed up for going into an opposing team's huddle. Sportscenter showed it happening a couple of weeks ago in another NBA game and Clyde alluded to that.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

1/27/2017  10:35 PM
crzymdups wrote:KP only got one shot in the second... after going 7 for 10 in the first half.

That's awful

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/27/2017  10:56 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
crzymdups wrote:KP only got one shot in the second... after going 7 for 10 in the first half.

That's awful

He made it, at least. They ran a Triangle play for him in the final minute and he swished that shot at the FT line.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
1/27/2017  10:57 PM
Man, Melo looks shook in the post-game. Hate to see it. He doesn't deserve this treatment from Phil.
¿ △ ?
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

1/27/2017  10:59 PM
crzymdups wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

That's awful

He made it, at least. They ran a Triangle play for him in the final minute and he swished that shot at the FT line.

Imagine how many more shots he would have made in the 2nd half if they ran the offense around him like they should ... kp is unstoppable, more so then melo. He needs to shoot more then one shot in a half he's to good .

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
1/28/2017  9:33 AM
CrushAlot wrote:I love this team when they play like they did tonight.

What is there to like? They the Hornets let them off he hook. Nothing the Knicks did it's what The Hornets didn't do. They stopped driving and started setting for the three point shot. KP was missing after the first quarter and Melo kept the hornets in the game with his atrocious shooting. The man missed 18 shots.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/28/2017  10:31 AM
crzymdups wrote:Man, Melo looks shook in the post-game. Hate to see it. He doesn't deserve this treatment from Phil.

Think it was more the fans booing. Was at game and he was fighting more than the Hornets on that last shot.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
1/28/2017  11:24 AM
crzymdups wrote:Man, Melo looks shook in the post-game. Hate to see it. He doesn't deserve this treatment from Phil.
I'll ask what has Phil done to melo? He had a no trade clause. If he is being shopped, it's because melo said it was OK.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/28/2017  1:14 PM
Melo has handled this whole situation, and indeed being in NY over the past few years and dramas with such class- seems to handle it all in his stride.
JesseDark
Member: #467
1/28/2017  2:51 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Credit Lee for this win.

When the game was in the balance, Lee refused to lose. He made every big play on the offensive and defensive end. With Melo missing shots, Lee took it upon himself for the losing to stop here.

Hope he can bring this on a consistent basis. Seems like his play has improved since that fiasco in Washington.

Bring back dee-fense
JesseDark
Member: #467
1/28/2017  2:52 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Credit Lee for this win.

When the game was in the balance, Lee refused to lose. He made every big play on the offensive and defensive end. With Melo missing shots, Lee took it upon himself for the losing to stop here.

Hope he can bring this on a consistent basis. Seems like his play has improved since that fiasco in Washington.

Bring back dee-fense
crzymdups
USA
1/28/2017  5:08 PM
Andrew wrote:
I'll ask what has Phil done to melo? He had a no trade clause. If he is being shopped, it's because melo said it was OK.

Melo has specifically said he wants to stay in NY but if Phil wanted to move on, that was a conversation they'd have to have (implying they had not had it yet). Phil went on record in early December that he thought Melo was a ball stopper and bad for team chemistry, then his hatchet man Charley Rosen wrote a column in early January criticizing Melo and saying it was time to move on - the entire league knows this is Phil's mouthpiece. And if you dispute that one, Phil could've easily said or tweeted that he wanted to keep Melo and doesn't agree with Rosen. He hasn't. Then someone leaked trade rumors about Melo, probably on the Knicks side, but who knows.

Melo is clearly upset by this if you watch any of his interviews since early December. He was pissed when they were in LA playing the Lakers and he was waiting to talk to Phil. It has destroyed the team chemistry that was building in early December. They're 7-17 since Phil called out Melo after they had started 14-10. Even their supposed sit down after the Rosen column was, according to Melo "5 to 7 minutes" and he has said he hasn't spoken to Phil or Mills since then.

Phil is very clearly trying to force Melo out. Like I've said, I think it might well be in the team's best interest to trade Melo, but I think Melo deserves far better treatment from Phil. No one around the league thinks Phil has done a good job. He drafted KP, which is huge, and he hasn't moved the other picks in trades, for which I'm grateful. Outside of that, it's been a dubious tenure at best. Last year at this time people were calling me out and saying Phil had brought in Rolo, Grant, and Galloway (some even mentioned Derrick Williams!). All those dudes were gone by July 1.

Like I said, I think moving on from Melo and getting a good draft pick and starting a real rebuild is probably the right move. But Melo deserved better treatment from Phil - Melo has been a good soldier through three different complete tear down rebuilds from Phil. He doesn't deserve this.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/28/2017  5:10 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Melo has specifically said he wants to stay in NY but if Phil wanted to move on, that was a conversation they'd have to have (implying they had not had it yet). Phil went on record in early December that he thought Melo was a ball stopper and bad for team chemistry, then his hatchet man Charley Rosen wrote a column in early January criticizing Melo and saying it was time to move on - the entire league knows this is Phil's mouthpiece. And if you dispute that one, Phil could've easily said or tweeted that he wanted to keep Melo and doesn't agree with Rosen. He hasn't. Then someone leaked trade rumors about Melo, probably on the Knicks side, but who knows.

Melo is clearly upset by this if you watch any of his interviews since early December. He was pissed when they were in LA playing the Lakers and he was waiting to talk to Phil. It has destroyed the team chemistry that was building in early December. They're 7-17 since Phil called out Melo after they had started 14-10. Even their supposed sit down after the Rosen column was, according to Melo "5 to 7 minutes" and he has said he hasn't spoken to Phil or Mills since then.

Phil is very clearly trying to force Melo out. Like I've said, I think it might well be in the team's best interest to trade Melo, but I think Melo deserves far better treatment from Phil. No one around the league thinks Phil has done a good job. He drafted KP, which is huge, and he hasn't moved the other picks in trades, for which I'm grateful. Outside of that, it's been a dubious tenure at best. Last year at this time people were calling me out and saying Phil had brought in Rolo, Grant, and Galloway (some even mentioned Derrick Williams!). All those dudes were gone by July 1.

Like I said, I think moving on from Melo and getting a good draft pick and starting a real rebuild is probably the right move. But Melo deserved better treatment from Phil - Melo has been a good soldier through three different complete tear down rebuilds from Phil. He doesn't deserve this.

Mannix called Rosen Phil's ghost writer on his podcast.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/29/2017  3:22 PM
WP76 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
WP76 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
What was he trying to do

You can get teed up for going into an opposing team's huddle. Sportscenter showed it happening a couple of weeks ago in another NBA game and Clyde alluded to that.

are you sure about that...i have seen it happen a few times in past years with no Ts.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GameThread: Hornets in town

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy