[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Newest Hawk Walker will make pitch to Dampier
Author Thread
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
8/12/2004  9:18 AM
Isiah is trying to do both- rebuilding and winning now.

I believe his ultimate goal is to win a championship.

I bet anything he knows the current roster isn't the one that will do it.

But he is slowly adding the pieces he hopes will put them in a position to do so.

Until Allan's & Shandon's contract come off, this team won't ever be in a position to really rebuild without needing to win now.

As long as Allan is taking up $20 million in budget, you have to try to win now.

I'm sure there might come a point where Isiah decides its time to blow up the roster and ship players out for younger players and picks- but that's not likely to happen until Allan can be moved or comes off the books.

AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/12/2004  9:56 AM
Posted by simrud:

Why does rebuilding have anything to do with the money. It has to do with young players. If you bring in young talent you are rebuilding.
Exactly.

Let me propose this definition of rebuilding: Rebuilding is making changes that help your team win not only now but also in the future.

With that definition, bringing in Marbury, TT, Jamal, and Ariza and getting Sweetney off the IR all are huge steps toward rebuilding.

Rebuilding is NOT blindly clearing cap space or piling draft picks. Although you CAN rebuild that way, you don't have to.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/12/2004  10:47 AM
rebuild===starting over from scratch

retool=changing the parts

what we did was change the parts

it's not a big deal but what isiah has done is he has retooled the roster

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/12/2004  10:51 AM
im sure you passed the 10th grade and had the word rebuild pop up in some class. Instead of making up your own definition, try referring to the dictionary of your choice to see the difference between retooling and rebuilding. We did NOT rebuild anything--we DID retool the roster in terms of basketball.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
USA
8/12/2004  10:55 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

rebuild===starting over from scratch

retool=changing the parts

what we did was change the parts

it's not a big deal but what isiah has done is he has retooled the roster
It's more than just re-tooling when you change your starting PG from Eisley to Marbury, change your starting SG when Houston is injured from Shandon Anderson to Jamal Crawford, get a player (TT) with more upside at SF, and invest a lot of time and resources into developing Sweetney's game.
Bonn1997
USA
8/12/2004  10:58 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

im sure you passed the 10th grade and had the word rebuild pop up in some class. Instead of making up your own definition, try referring to the dictionary of your choice to see the difference between retooling and rebuilding. We did NOT rebuild anything--we DID retool the roster in terms of basketball.
Wow, calm down! I think you are starting from scratch when you tear down what you had and 80% of your players from a year ago are replaced with a new group of talented young players who are forming the core of your future.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/12/2004  11:01 AM
Posted by raven:

you'll tolerate that a lot more when his expiring contract will bring us a talented player from a team in disarray.

Tell me again how that works? Ok, we give up penny say in his last year, and get a player whom makes the same (like a Walker) but has say 3-4 years left on his deal. Such a player cannot command much in trade other than an expiring deal? So we are talking about not a whole lot of value in exchange. Cant' really do a sign and trade with such a player. I mean why would anybody want a year of penny in exchange for a player whom they don't want to sign?

I guess you are under the impression we should keep moving the salary up so we are not 2x the cap, but higher and higher. And should we ever actually develope a rookie worth keeping, we not give them a raise and try to keep them.

I guess tix prices really own't matter when they are too high for most people. It really then just becomes for the masses their "favorite tv show" rather than participating in person. Maybe we should care and pay attention to the financial structure of our team.
Bonn1997
USA
8/12/2004  11:03 AM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by raven:

you'll tolerate that a lot more when his expiring contract will bring us a talented player from a team in disarray.

Tell me again how that works?
No need for him to tell you again how that works. Just look at how teams got players like Marbury, Crawford, and Rasheed Wallace
Newest Hawk Walker will make pitch to Dampier

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy