Isiah dealing with exiting players...
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/11/2004  3:05 PM
Posted by Kwazimodal:

As much as a love the job Isiah's doing,Im not going to kid myself and ignore the fact that he has a reputation for being an SOB back to his days in Detroit.

Yeah,he could do better in the personality department but pretty much everyone to a man said that Layden was a really nice guy which I believe he probably was but look where that got us.

If I had a choice,Ill take the SOB who is making the right moves every time.Its not like he disrespected an LJ or a Ewing who were established vets with the Knicks or JVG.Yeah Chaney deserved better but so did we.

good post...agree w/every word of it
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
Mac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #470
Japan
8/12/2004  1:22 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Isiah pissed off jordan ...

When did this happen? I thought it was just him and Bird.
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
8/12/2004  8:35 AM
I really could not care less. Chaney deserved what he got. If he had any integrity or honor, he would have resigned. As for Deke, he cost us a midseason trade for Dampier with his I'll retire if you trade me crap. Him and Folk who has screwed the Knicks on many ocasions can go to hell. I like Deke, but its about time he realized he is done, he is just in denial.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/12/2004  8:55 AM
Posted by Mac:
Posted by Nalod:

Isiah pissed off jordan ...

When did this happen? I thought it was just him and Bird.

Reread my post. The bulls and Pistons were a heated rivalry as established Pistons were winning two rings, and the young and brash bulls were nipping at their heals. There was an allstar game and it is believed Isiah led a movement to keep the ball from Michael. Mike retaliated by lobbying, or perhaps threatening to not play dream team in Barcelona. I think the Isiah-Bird thing is over blown. In any event Isiah choose to not persue it with bird as they are both beloved in the state of Indiana and why burn bridges with no. 1 son whom presides over the pacers. Isiah might be from Chicago, but he led Indiana to a NCAA! As much as it hurt, Isiah took the high road and let it go. He landed ok in my opinion.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/12/2004  9:22 AM
Posted by islesfan:

It's ok when Isiah does it to somebody else but when it's done to Isiah, it's unprofessional and unfair.

All I can say it, what goes around, comes around.
LOL
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Isiah dealing with exiting players...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy