[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo's Camp Believes Phil Trying To Get Him To Waive No-Trade
Author Thread
stopstandthere
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #6004

1/24/2017  2:31 AM

People close to Carmelo Anthony believe some of the constant sniping from Phil Jackson has been a way to get him to waive his no-trade clause with the New York Knicks.

Anthony holds the no-trade clause from his new contract signed in 2014 worth $124.9 million over five seasons. Anthony also has a 15 percent trade kicker.

Jackson held an interview a month ago in which he complained about Anthony stopping ball for too long on offense. More recently, Jackson confidant Charley Rosen wrote an article praising Jackson and critical of Anthony.

During their meeting last week, Anthony reiterated to Jackson he wants to remain with the Knicks.

“I don’t know. I’m done kind of worrying about that,” Anthony said. “My only focus is these guys that’s in this locker room, playing with them. I can’t control anything else.”

Source: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/244670/Carmelo-Anthonys-Camp-Believes-Phil-Jackson-Trying-To-Get-Him-To-Waive-No-Trade

AUTOADVERT
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

1/24/2017  5:59 AM
Duh Melo!
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/24/2017  7:52 AM
Melo said if knicks want him gone, he'd look at it.
Do we really think this is played out with Phil's remarks, which was not that awful, and Charley Rose's article which pretty much pointed out things we see when he plays?

Mutually beneficial would not be an easy task to move Melo.
What do fans want, vs. what does phil want? How do you move Melo to a situation he wants, when we don't know what he wants?

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/24/2017  8:40 AM
Melo wants what what Lala wants
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/24/2017  9:20 AM
It's not about Phil. It's about Melo. He needs to pass the ball. He holds it way too much. It kills games. We can't give it to him 7-8 plays straight. It kills the momentum.... dont get me wrong we need Melo to do his thing....but not every time down. He's got to move the ball. Hornacek isn't calling for Melo to iso. You can see Melo stalling where you have to give it to him.

I'm frustrated with the bull**** now. It's not all on Melo. Rose calls his number too and has been turning the ball over and bypassing open players to jam it inside....the refs aren't giving him calls. Noah is a step slow on every play. The perimeter defense keeps getting caught in the paint... it's like wtf.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

1/24/2017  9:21 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Melo wants what what Lala wants

Me too

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/24/2017  9:26 AM
EnySpree wrote:It's not about Phil. It's about Melo. He needs to pass the ball. He holds it way too much. It kills games. We can't give it to him 7-8 plays straight. It kills the momentum.... dont get me wrong we need Melo to do his thing....but not every time down. He's got to move the ball. Hornacek isn't calling for Melo to iso. You can see Melo stalling where you have to give it to him.

I'm frustrated with the bull**** now. It's not all on Melo. Rose calls his number too and has been turning the ball over and bypassing open players to jam it inside....the refs aren't giving him calls. Noah is a step slow on every play. The perimeter defense keeps getting caught in the paint... it's like wtf.

Melo has been doing much better with the iso though. He only really does now when his guys aren't moving around enough and one doesn't get open for him to pass it to and then he'll go iso cause the clock is running down.

Chandler
Member: #6197

1/24/2017  9:56 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
EnySpree wrote:It's not about Phil. It's about Melo. He needs to pass the ball. He holds it way too much. It kills games. We can't give it to him 7-8 plays straight. It kills the momentum.... dont get me wrong we need Melo to do his thing....but not every time down. He's got to move the ball. Hornacek isn't calling for Melo to iso. You can see Melo stalling where you have to give it to him.

Melo has been doing much better with the iso though. He only really does now when his guys aren't moving around enough and one doesn't get open for him to pass it to and then he'll go iso cause the clock is running down.

maybe he is doing a little better, but not last night to end the third when he got complacent and he thought he was entitled to go 1 on 5. And if he didn't hit those clutch shots last night (intermixed with boneheaded D on a 93% FT shooter)we'd be saying a different story. I was very glad to see him go to the rim more, and hope he does try to move the ball more.

the whole team plays better on offense and defense when the ball moves. Our win last night and against the Celts was because of the second unit, not Melo.

(5)(5)
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/24/2017  10:13 AM
EnySpree wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Melo wants what what Lala wants

Me too

Honey Nut Cheerios?

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/24/2017  10:22 AM
Knicks have 2 weeks to decide what the plan is. If they show signs of life and they start winning some games OK, then you stay on course and work on getting this group into the playoffs.

If the Knicks decide to be sellers simple be transparent with Melo. Tell them they may look to move some guys to aquire more future pieces and they are going to focus on the draft. If Melo is good with sticking through those times I would simply make it clear what we expect from him a player.

Essentially these are the kinds of situations the Knicks totally screw up.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
1/24/2017  10:36 AM
fishmike wrote:Knicks have 2 weeks to decide what the plan is. If they show signs of life and they start winning some games OK, then you stay on course and work on getting this group into the playoffs.

If the Knicks decide to be sellers simple be transparent with Melo. Tell them they may look to move some guys to aquire more future pieces and they are going to focus on the draft. If Melo is good with sticking through those times I would simply make it clear what we expect from him a player.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/24/2017  10:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2017  4:13 PM
Chandler wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

maybe he is doing a little better, but not last night to end the third when he got complacent and he thought he was entitled to go 1 on 5. And if he didn't hit those clutch shots last night (intermixed with boneheaded D on a 93% FT shooter)we'd be saying a different story. I was very glad to see him go to the rim more, and hope he does try to move the ball more.

the whole team plays better on offense and defense when the ball moves. Our win last night and against the Celts was because of the second unit, not Melo.

Funny.. I noticed several posters suddenly come out of the cracks, when Melo had a bad 3 minute stretch at end of 3rd. quarter. Yet we heard nothing but crickets from them when he went 6 for 9 and moved ball well the entire first half and most of 3rd quarter. But yeah, he had a bad set of offensive possessions. He started too far out from basket, kept his head down and settled for long range jump shots. Thought it might have been due to needing a rest. I, for one, don't mind him getting the ball and holding it. Just can't stand when he does so by 3pt. line instead of down low or with his back to basket. He is so much more valuable and effective posting up within 20 feet. But I totally agree with you on how stupid the foul on George was. No reason to bear hug him with the team over the limit. Was good to see him make up for it by draining the game winner. Reason why he is still valuable.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/24/2017  10:41 AM
Does anyone want to bet me, a steak at Peter Lugers, that Melo outlasts Phil?
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/24/2017  10:48 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:Does anyone want to bet me, a steak at Peter Lugers, that Melo outlasts Phil?

Phil knows as long as Melo is here there is pressure to win...Get rid of Melo and he, Rambis and Hornacek can ride out his tenure with virtually no expectations...It's kind of interesting listening to former NBA players say this team should be playing better...There is pressure to win...

Nalod
USA
1/24/2017  10:49 AM
fishmike wrote:Knicks have 2 weeks to decide what the plan is. If they show signs of life and they start winning some games OK, then you stay on course and work on getting this group into the playoffs.

Mostly Melo does not want to take a public relations hit on this, and I'll take it as his word that he does not want to move.
He has two more years on his contract and if he moves to a contender, like the Clippers, he will be the last man standing because all the contracts expire before. Thus, more turmoil for him.
I don't see a deal with Cleveland unless they move Love, and then Melo is the PF? Do we even want Love? For now, he and KP are similar.
He is not going to Houstan with MDA. Never say never.
Melo to Lakers, but I'd want some yoot in return. Not a contender, but a starphuch with better weather.
Miami would be a good place for him, but Riles is rebuilding.
Boston could be good, but it would be hard to send salary back to us and we need that brooklyn pick!!!
Celts would be potentially giving up franchise talent. There could be a scenario where we can swap for the pick, thus they still get a very good pick likely. In a deep draft, they could actually do just as good if they pick right.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/24/2017  11:27 AM
Melo is surrounded by intelligent people.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/24/2017  11:28 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:Does anyone want to bet me, a steak at Peter Lugers, that Melo outlasts Phil?

I got a feeling he is going to out last Dolan.

Nalod
USA
1/24/2017  11:39 AM
Vmart wrote:Melo is surrounded by intelligent people.

EnySpree

1/24/2017  11:41 AM
Vmart wrote:Melo is surrounded by intelligent people posse.

Fixed🤐

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

1/24/2017  12:29 PM

Perfectly said. It's not that we MUST trade Melo to improve our draft prospects. If he wants to go, we can try to find an acceptable deal for both sides. If not, we have other pieces we can move (Rose, Noah, Lee, KoQ) to add youthier parts for our future.

That will mean losing more this season (a net plus for the draft). It will mean NOT maximizing Melo's window for a chip (as if that has any hope of coming to fruition in NYC - lol). If he's ok with that, then he can stick around.

Melo's Camp Believes Phil Trying To Get Him To Waive No-Trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy