Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:All these theories tying Rose to KP's issues comes up empty when the same thing happens when Rose is on the bench and KP plays with the second unit..

Maybe true, but bottom line is KP will significantly improve on offense next year once the knicks replace rose with a lower-volume, better passing pg. KP doesn't have a lot of opportunity in an offense with a pg that is a high-volume, low-efficiency scoring player.

Melo using the same PGs?..Everyone complains that KP is picking up all of Melo's bad habits..How come he isn't picking up the habit of scoring without a pass first pg?

He's scoring 19 points a game. What were you expecting?

Yeah i don't get all of the concerns. He averaged 14 ppg as a rookie. I figured he would average 17-18 ppg this year. Rose would obviously cut into his offense a little bit. But he has exceeded expectations for a 2nd year player, averaging 19 ppg. Now he has slumped a little coming back from injury. I just don't understand the expectations of Knick fans.

You are the one proposing insane trades in every thread to help KP and you don't get the concern???

I think you have my confused with someone else. I would like to get a PG like Rubio, but i am not proposing a bunch of trades. But what did you expect from KP this year? Did you think he was going to put up 22 and 10? Shoot 50% from the field?

That is the definition of an insane trade...And with regards to KP, I did not start this thread..I don't think he needs a PG to play better, you do...You are blaming his production on Rose, are you not???

Not at all. Rose is not the problem, he just isn't the solution. I believe anytime you have a young player you want to build around, you should be finding players that fit well with that player. I think Rose is a square peg in a round hole. But Porzingis needs to be doing other things to get involved, like he was earlier in the year. We are only talking about his last 10 or so games. And i don't see how trying to grab Rubio off the trading block is insane at all. It's logical and realistic.

That surely depends on what outcome you desire...I don't think you build a team with all players geared to make one player play efficiently..You are setting yourself up for failure..GS doesn't do that..Cleve doesn't do that...SAS doesn't do that...They are comfortable having many explosive players in their own rite...Building around one player is a fallacy and a recipe for failure...

What you are describing about finding players with the sole purpose of making one player more efficient is the extreme. I am not talking about that. But i would like players that fit well together. I also think KP has a unique skillset whereas he can fit well with different types of players, more than someone like Melo. But i do believe the PG position is a important "fit." I think Rose was a nice gamble and has done some good things, but ultimately i don't see a player who is a low-efficiency scoring PG who can't shoot, defend, or create for others being the long-term solution to a team that has a couple of talented, young bigs. I think you do have to fit the pieces together to an extent, would you not agree?

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/25/2017  10:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2017  10:38 AM
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:All these theories tying Rose to KP's issues comes up empty when the same thing happens when Rose is on the bench and KP plays with the second unit..

Maybe true, but bottom line is KP will significantly improve on offense next year once the knicks replace rose with a lower-volume, better passing pg. KP doesn't have a lot of opportunity in an offense with a pg that is a high-volume, low-efficiency scoring player.

Melo using the same PGs?..Everyone complains that KP is picking up all of Melo's bad habits..How come he isn't picking up the habit of scoring without a pass first pg?

Yeah i don't get all of the concerns. He averaged 14 ppg as a rookie. I figured he would average 17-18 ppg this year. Rose would obviously cut into his offense a little bit. But he has exceeded expectations for a 2nd year player, averaging 19 ppg. Now he has slumped a little coming back from injury. I just don't understand the expectations of Knick fans.

You are the one proposing insane trades in every thread to help KP and you don't get the concern???

I think you have my confused with someone else. I would like to get a PG like Rubio, but i am not proposing a bunch of trades. But what did you expect from KP this year? Did you think he was going to put up 22 and 10? Shoot 50% from the field?

That is the definition of an insane trade...And with regards to KP, I did not start this thread..I don't think he needs a PG to play better, you do...You are blaming his production on Rose, are you not???

Not at all. Rose is not the problem, he just isn't the solution. I believe anytime you have a young player you want to build around, you should be finding players that fit well with that player. I think Rose is a square peg in a round hole. But Porzingis needs to be doing other things to get involved, like he was earlier in the year. We are only talking about his last 10 or so games. And i don't see how trying to grab Rubio off the trading block is insane at all. It's logical and realistic.

That surely depends on what outcome you desire...I don't think you build a team with all players geared to make one player play efficiently..You are setting yourself up for failure..GS doesn't do that..Cleve doesn't do that...SAS doesn't do that...They are comfortable having many explosive players in their own rite...Building around one player is a fallacy and a recipe for failure...

I believe its the opposite. You want to get the most out of your best player, when that player is possibly a generational talent. The numbers show so far in KP's situation, that this may be the case. This team changes offenses like ringtones. Chemistry is important, continuity is important. If the Knicks had surrounded Ewing with more players that fit his style, we would have stood a better chance of winning it all. Charles Smith?. SAS surrounded Robinson and Duncan with players who complemented their style of play, thats what we need to do with KP. Of course KP has to grow as a player for this to work.

Rose can get to the rim, but other than that he is just another PG diva who has made it clear that getting paid is his first priority. Thats not hyperbole. Around the time some of his Bulls teammates where making trips to the hospital, he was talking about getting paid, even though he had missed more games than any other player during that time period in the league. This is not who you want to put next to someome with Porzingis's potential for the next 4-5 years. The player you hand the rock to.

Would rather get someone like Teague who will look to give them a one two punch vs. Rose to Rose.

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/25/2017  10:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2017  10:44 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I believe its the opposite. You want to get the most out of your best player, when that player is possibly a generational talent. The numbers show so far in KP's situation, that this may be the case. This team changes offenses like ringtones. Chemistry is important, continuity is important. If the Knicks had surrounded Ewing with more players that fit his style, we would have stood a better chance of winning it all. Charles Smith?. SAS surrounded Robinson and Duncan with players who complemented their style of play, thats what we need to do with KP. Of course KP has to grow as a player for this to work.

Rose can get to the rim, but other than that he is just another PG diva who has made it clear that getting paid is his first priority. Thats not hyperbole. Around the time some of his Bulls teammates where making trips to the hospital, he was talking about getting paid, even though he had missed more games than any other player during that time period in the league. This is not who you want to put next to someome with Porzingis's potential for the next 4-5 years. The player you hand the rock to.

Would rather get someone like Teague who will look to give them a one two punch vs. Rose to Rose.

+1.

Another example is Jokic in Denver, who earlier in the season was struggling playing alongside another center and out of place. They moved the lineup around to better compliment him and he has been playing out of his mind, and Denver is currently the 8th seed. And KP has significantly more upside than Jokic. KP is a gamble still, but we have to build like he can get to that level of franchise talent.

holfresh
Member: #1081

1/25/2017  10:59 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I completely, completely disagree...Sure fit is important..But Ewing's problem is that he didn't have another weapon, option next to him..MJ had Pippen..The team was specifically built around Ewing..How could you not see that..Oakley was perfect for Ewing, Starks and a PG who can get the ball to Ewing in the post...It was all about Ewing which was the problem ..SAS was the perfect example where two players who don't necessarily compliment each other but were two offensive weapons..How could you not recognize that..The coach was smart enough to make them work together...The Heat with LeBron, Wade and Bosh..Golden State with Curry, Thompson and Green who compliments what the team is doing but no a specific player...

But I'll take it further..KP has demonstrated so far that he works well as a complementary player...If he was a primary type player, he would command the attention when playing with the second unit..He mostly play off the ball which is why most of you want a PG to get him the ball for mostly spot up shots...But what happens when a player plays real defense against him like they do Melo and he is the focal point..What happens when they double him like Ewing???.I think your point of view is short sighted..You are emotionally looking at what you hope will happen and not seeing what is actually happening...
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/25/2017  11:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2017  11:12 AM
holfresh wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

KP is hurt..But everyone insanely expects a player to put out the same production no matter what the situation is..Like you expect Melo to continue to shoot 48% after he hurt his shoulder..He is shooting 49% the last 10 by the way...But I'm not the one complaining about what's happening..However, he needs to improve in areas where receives the ball to be more effective...He needs to screen better and create better passing lanes for players to get him the ball...But he will be ok without proposing insane trades that will hurt us in the long run...

No I've made it clear I'm not judging Melo just from this sample of games with an injury. My comments about him are the same as before the season even started. But let's not drag him into this.
I'm sure the injury is hurting KP's stats but he also needs to cut out the low percentage mid range shots.
Knixkik
USA
1/25/2017  11:15 AM
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I completely, completely disagree...Sure fit is important..But Ewing's problem is that he didn't have another weapon, option next to him..MJ had Pippen..The team was specifically built around Ewing..How could you not see that..Oakley was perfect for Ewing, Starks and a PG who can get the ball to Ewing in the post...It was all about Ewing which was the problem ..SAS was the perfect example where two players who don't necessarily compliment each other but were two offensive weapons..How could you not recognize that..The coach was smart enough to make them work together...The Heat with LeBron, Wade and Bosh..Golden State with Curry, Thompson and Green who compliments what the team is doing but no a specific player...

But I'll take it further..KP has demonstrated so far that he works well as a complementary player...If he was a primary type player, he would command the attention when playing with the second unit..He mostly play off the ball which is why most of you want a PG to get him the ball for mostly spot up shots...But what happens when a player plays real defense against him like they do Melo and he is the focal point..What happens when they double him like Ewing???.I think your point of view is short sighted..You are emotionally looking at what you hope will happen and not seeing what is actually happening...

KP shows flashes of what he would look like as the primary player. Sometimes, when he gets 25+ points, it looks so easy that you wonder why he can't do it every night. His high-post game looks unstoppable, and when his 3 pointer is going, and he's active on the offensive glass, he looks like one of the most complete offensive players in the league. However, like you would expect from a 21 year old, it's just flashes, and he can't put it together consistently yet. But there is no question the talent and toughness to be that go-to guy is there. And you know he wants it. It will just take time. I disagree about how he works as a complimentary player. I think he looks much more comfortable when he is looking for his offense and guys are looking for him, as opposed to just spotting up at the 3point line, which is what he has been relegated to when he is not as involved in the offense.

GustavBahler

1/25/2017  11:15 AM
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

My point wasn't that Ewing wasnt surrounded by any players who complimented his style of play, it was that he wasnt surrounded with enough of them during his career. Riley came close late in Ewing's career. Talent was lacking as well, but we've seen plenty of talented players fail here because they were a bad fit.

If you are suggesting to me that KP's ceiling is Robin, I would recommend that you watch some of his rookie games again, when he played a larger part in the offense.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/25/2017  11:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2017  11:21 AM
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

In NBA team without wing who can score and defend and PG who can assist, run the offense, and defend is not going to be good.
Melo and Rose are one-dimensional players and they will not help KP to get better.
He may evolve into player at some point of his NBA carrier who can create his own offense but it is years away.
For now he need team leader who will look to set him up and feed him in areas where he is more effective.
This is the main need of this team.
What we get this season did not materialized in any of this.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Knixkik
USA
1/25/2017  11:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2017  11:21 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

My point wasn't that Ewing wasnt surrounded by any players who complimented his style of play, it was that he wasnt surrounded with enough of them during his career. Riley came close late in Ewing's career. Talent was lacking as well, but we've seen plenty of talented players fail here because they were a bad fit.

If you are suggesting to me that KP's ceiling is Robin, I would recommend that you watch some of his rookie games again, when he played a larger part in the offense.

We can even look back to November, when he was averaging 22 ppg and looked better on offense than Melo did. He had stretches where he was absolutely unstoppable. It will take time, but to look at his body of work so far, it's safe to say he has #1 option potential. But not this year or even next year, more like when he's 25 years old.

holfresh

1/25/2017  11:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2017  11:27 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

But everyone complimented Ewing...Every player...Oakley was the rebounder/bruiser/defender..Starks the three point shooter to create space for Ewing.. Mark Jackson was a great passer and knew how to feed the post...Wilkins was a slasher/defender...What was Ewing lacking in terms of a complimentary player???..They even brought in Ro Blackman and Kiki to be another option which was late in their careers..My point is that we didn't have enough weapons to take the pressure off Ewing...
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/25/2017  11:31 AM
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

But everyone complimented Ewing...Every player...Oakley was the rebounder/bruiser/defender..Starks the three point shooter to create space for Ewing.. Mark Jackson was a great passer and knew how to feed the post...Wilkins was a slasher/defender...What was Ewing lacking in terms of a complimentary player???..My point is that we didn't have enough weapons to take the pressure off Ewing...

Same issue as with Melo. Timing.
Knicks get Huston and Spri to late. Patrick was already breaking down.
Timing is everything in team building.
We must get talent in with the same development time frame as KP to realize his full potential.
You can have complimentary vets to set the culture and fill the roles but this is not essential.
Winning games and reaching playoffs is cool but not the main priority in building the contender.
It comes naturally as building progress is made.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Knixkik
USA
1/25/2017  11:41 AM
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

But everyone complimented Ewing...Every player...Oakley was the rebounder/bruiser/defender..Starks the three point shooter to create space for Ewing.. Mark Jackson was a great passer and knew how to feed the post...Wilkins was a slasher/defender...What was Ewing lacking in terms of a complimentary player???..They even brought in Ro Blackman and Kiki to be another option which was late in their careers..My point is that we didn't have enough weapons to take the pressure off Ewing...

I agree with you that Ewing was complimented well. And the Knicks won 50+ games every season during that timeframe, went to at least the 2nd round, and were 1 Starks disaster away from winning a title. This was a successful era of Knicks basketball. Winning a title would be nice, but they gave themselves a chance each year. That is all you can ask for. If you can build a team like this around KP, that is an accomplishment. Not really sure why it's even being argued that the Knicks didn't build correctly around Ewing. If Starks didn't go 1-18, the Knicks win a title in 1994 and this conversation would be much different. You wanted to use the Ewing era as a way to convince people building a team based on fit around one player is not the right way, but you have actually done of the opposite with this example. The Knicks were 1 win away from a championship. You have convinced me even more of how important 'fit' is. We can only be so lucky to build a team around KP like the Knicks did around Ewing, because that team was an elite team every year.

GustavBahler

1/25/2017  11:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2017  11:53 AM
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

As I said, not enough when it mattered for most of his career. Ewing has had some good teammates over the years, but that bruising, take no prisoners, squad that went to the finals was short lived. Its enough of a combination to make it a chicken and egg thing I suppose.

We're watching this season what happens when players don't fit well together. There are not many players in this league who have historically dominated the ball as much as Rose and Melo (for better or worse) and they're on the same team. Again, KP has had some monster games this season (as Knixkik pointed out) and especially last season.

Too much drama, too many offenses, injuries, changes this season to do anything that should make the Knicks forget everything we've seen KP do (many record breaking things) and not build a team around him as the focal point.

holfresh

1/25/2017  11:53 AM
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I agree with you that Ewing was complimented well. And the Knicks won 50+ games every season during that timeframe, went to at least the 2nd round, and were 1 Starks disaster away from winning a title. This was a successful era of Knicks basketball. Winning a title would be nice, but they gave themselves a chance each year. That is all you can ask for. If you can build a team like this around KP, that is an accomplishment. Not really sure why it's even being argued that the Knicks didn't build correctly around Ewing. If Starks didn't go 1-18, the Knicks win a title in 1994 and this conversation would be much different. You wanted to use the Ewing era as a way to convince people building a team based on fit around one player is not the right way, but you have actually done of the opposite with this example. The Knicks were 1 win away from a championship. You have convinced me even more of how important 'fit' is. We can only be so lucky to build a team around KP like the Knicks did around Ewing, because that team was an elite team every year.

I can give you team after teams who had multiple assets/weapons and wasn't pigeonholed around one player who were successful..Lakers, Celtics, SAS,Golden State, Detroit, etc..And how do you know KP is that player??..Why limit yourself???

holfresh

1/25/2017  11:59 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

As I said, not enough when it mattered for most of his career. Ewing has had some good teammates over the years, but that bruising, take no prisoners, squad that went to the finals was short lived. Its enough of a combination to make it a chicken and egg thing I suppose.

We're watching this season what happens when players don't fit well together. There are not many players in this league who have historically dominated the ball as much as Rose and Melo (for better or worse) and they're on the same team. Again, KP has had some monster games this season (as Knixkik pointed out) and especially last season.

Too much drama, too many offenses, injuries, changes this season to do anything that should make the Knicks forget everything we've seen KP do (many record breaking things) and not build a team around him as the focal point.

We could sit here all day and argue what the real issue with the Knicks are...Fact is we have enough talent to be playing much better basketball..Our biggest issue is management and coaching who cant decide how to play than the actual players themselves...Too much meddling from the front office...A coach who doesn't coach defense and isn't assertive..I have been crying for Holiday over Kuz for defensive purposes for months...

Woodson would have this team in the playoffs and second round without front office interference with no problems...
GustavBahler

1/25/2017  11:59 AM
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I can give you team after teams who had multiple assets/weapons and wasn't pigeonholed around one player who were successful..Lakers, Celtics, SAS,Golden State, Detroit, etc..And how do you know KP is that player??..Why limit yourself???

If you can find young players as good as KP who who will actually share the rock, pick their spots, then they're complimentary players. When a PG makes a habit of looking you off and calling his own number again and again, then they're not a complimentary player. Especially when bench players get more assists in less time. You seem to be arguing that Rose can do whatever he wants because he gets to the rim.

holfresh

1/25/2017  12:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2017  12:04 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

If you can find young players as good as KP who who will actually share the rock, pick their spots, then they're complimentary players. When a PG makes a habit of looking you off and calling his own number again and again, then they're not a complimentary player. Especially when bench players get more assists in less time. You seem to be arguing that Rose can do whatever he wants because he gets to the rim.

Rose took his teams to the conference finals, so it ain't him...Unless you just want to see a team where only KP shoots...

GustavBahler

1/25/2017  12:11 PM
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

We could sit here all day and argue what the real issue with the Knicks are...Fact is we have enough talent to be playing much better basketball..Our biggest issue is management and coaching who cant decide how to play than the actual players themselves...Too much meddling from the front office...A coach who doesn't coach defense and isn't assertive..I have been crying for Holiday over Kuz for defensive purposes for months...

Woodson would have this team in the playoffs and second round without front office interference with no problems...

Woodson? We talking about Woodson? The guy who changed agents to make Dolan happy? That run Woodson had after D'Antoni left was because he was holding players accountable. By the time he left, Melo was yelling at him to coach because at that point he put the team auto pilot.

Hornacek was smart enough to know that he needed a defensive coordinator. Didn't get the one he wanted, and he had to make due, to put it charitably. He's had to deal with a step slower at times, and injured Melo, an AWOL PG who talks about defense and teamwork, but doesnt play it.

Lots of injuries, intereference from Phil forcing his system on him, and pissing off players in his spare time. Doesn't exactly sound like a recipe for success.

Not enough to turn KP into a role player for the rest of his career, or to fire Hornacek after one season.

holfresh

1/25/2017  12:16 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Woodson? We talking about Woodson? The guy who changed agents to make Dolan happy? That run Woodson had after D'Antoni left was because he was holding players accountable. By the time he left, Melo was yelling at him to coach because at that point he put the team auto pilot.

Hornacek was smart enough to know that he needed a defensive coordinator. Didn't get the one he wanted, and he had to make due, to put it charitably. He's had to deal with a step slower at times, and injured Melo, an AWOL PG who talks about defense and teamwork, but doesnt play it.

Lots of injuries, intereference from Phil forcing his system on him, and pissing off players in his spare time. Doesn't exactly sound like a recipe for success.

Not enough to turn KP into a role player for the rest of his career, or to fire Hornacek after one season.

Yeah Woodson, the guy who took the team to two playoffs and we can't get there again..And when did Melo yell at Woodson..Come on...Whatever..The facts are the facts and no one can change it..Look it up..He had the team overperforming and we are currently underperforming, so you be the judge...
Knixkik
USA
1/25/2017  12:16 PM
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I don't disagree. Bottom line is there are multiple right (and wrong) ways to build a team. It's what NBA front office people spend their days arguing (not unlike us, we should really get paid for this!) But i just think if you have a direction, you go with it. I don't like aimlessly tanking (not saying you do) or anything that you can't project out in the future. It's rare to have a player that has KP's ability, so i believe you run with that. Yes, it's a gamble, but all decisions are. Teams are tanking every year over and over desperate to find a talent like KP, and i think since we have him, we need to do everything we can to turn him into the next star. It's a star's league. Everything starts there, and then you hope the rest falls into place.

Bench KP

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy