Member: #995
USA
1/23/2017  10:19 AM
holfresh wrote:
arkrud wrote:
holfresh wrote:
arkrud wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Does everyone really think this is phil talking?

Phil gave him his voice..Phil's exclusives made his product worth reading..So now he is detached??..

Whatever..Who cares..

Who cares who articulate the facts?
Facts are facts and Melo is the ONLY one who can act on them.
This is also a fact.
He has the power a so he has the responsibility for his life.
Good for Melo... or is it?

Fact is Melo has an NTC..Fact is that Phil has done a poor job and his ego is preventing him from accepting the responsibility..So he sets brush fires to point your attention in another direction. His camp see Melo is low hanging fruit and wants to exploit it..They realize a segment of fans, like yourself, have a Melo fetish...So its a convenient diversion as the team he assembled, with high hopes, implodes yet again...Phil is the commonality in all these teams..People will notice when the Melo brush fire goes away...Or maybe Phil knows Dolan likes Melo and this is just another ruse to make off with the two final years of the deal..He might be looking to get fired..Either way, it's a gutless move...Melo is looking like the bigger man in all this, and coming out as the sympathetic figure...I'm just amazed that time and time again, Dolan allow these guys to come to NY and lay a massive dump on the Garden and run off with a pile of cash...

Never had any high hopes for the team this year. They exceeded my expectations already.
Rose is more healthy that I expected and can still bring it. His defense zo is even worth that I could imagine.
Noah can still play but his offense in nonexistent so he is not starter.
Jennings is just dumb energizer bunny which I new... but he cannot shot at all which was a revelation to me.
All young dudes are progressing faster that I expected and bring more and more to the table.
Was not interested in Melo game. It is constant and boring with all his skills and faults.
He is like luxury car in you garage which is there and has no use waiting for the lease to expire.
Another 2 years of monthly payments....

Who cares really..You get a woody every time you see a Melo thread...

i remember Woody too... Nice beard he has...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
AUTOADVERT
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

1/23/2017  10:33 AM
jrodmc wrote:His reasons for Melo to leave don't even reach the intelligence level of the haters on this board:

1) unnamed sources say... this is akin to saying nothing.
2) Melo is numb and not playing for anyone other than people on the team and in the lockerroom. Is he supposed to play for the GM and the President, I forget?
3) The Media Pressure. He's worried about Melo's health. So nice.
4) He's worried about Melo's age. Nice again.
5) Hey, the Knicks suck again. Melo's never been through that before, right? Hey old guy, go now, hurry!
6) Melo, I really really really want you to win a chip. Somewhere else. Anywhere else. Maybe China!
7) Melo is dynamic scorer, but is too slow to play SF, but too fragile to play PF. But he doesn't post up enough. But he takes too many jumpers. Or something. Maybe he could convert to playing free safety for the Jets...
8) Melo's fat and slow, by the way. We love saying this. Phil laughs so hard the seeds come through his nose.
9) Did I already mention the Pressure?
10) Or that the Knicks really suck right now? Phil is 70-something now. He repeats himself alot.

You can tell Charlie didn't get all this from Phil because the word triangle wasn't mentioned and Phil only makes at most, three sides to an argument. So there.

2) he's supposed to play to win.....

The whole article basically made it clear Melo didn't care about winning he just a wants to be in NY because he likes it here and loves the attention of being a star player in NY. As a human being I am fine with that. As a Knick fan I want him gone ASAP just because we need to do a rebuild and he could bring in picks. If he stays the Knicks will suck, if he leaves the Knicks will suck but with more draft picks/youth.

That's the whole article. While both choices are bleak the latter gives us a better chance to improve quickest to be ready to compete on KP's timeline

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/23/2017  10:36 AM
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

no me... Phil might be an influencing what's said but, no, I don't think Phil is doing Rosen's job for him

Yeah this reminds me of when Donny Walsh traded for Melo, and everyone was convinced it was Dolan calling the shots. Very recently, Walsh spoke about that trade, unprompted, and said specifically he was the one that made that decision and gave specific reasons why. You would think that would convince people to change their mind on it, but i bet most of them still think Walsh is covering for Dolan for some reason. Knick fans love their conspiracy theories, that's for sure.

I would be interested in a link for that. Not that I don't believe you, I would like to read that.
It was long discussed that Dolan made the call over Walsh to the Denver owner.
I also think that Walsh is a stand up guy and took the GM's "creed" that you don't throw an owner under the bus. Kind of part of the job.
But I would like to read Walsh's own words. Perhaps we were all wrong all these years?

As for the current state of things, calling for phil's head does not solve the future. PHil leaving would not negate Melo's NTC nor change the value of our assets or our picks.

BTW, Mills is the GM and I suspect even if phil left, I doubt much would change.

I will have to hunt it down. I don't remember where it came from, but it was relatively recent.

Does anyone remember? There must be a link from this forum we can bump about it. I'm not really good at that sort of thing.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/23/2017  10:44 AM

Everyone just wants a reason to complain about Phil so they convince themselves that this is from Phil even though they have no idea. I don't even think this was a bad write up. He spoke the truth and really didn't say anything bad about Melo like his last article.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/23/2017  11:08 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

no me... Phil might be an influencing what's said but, no, I don't think Phil is doing Rosen's job for him

Yeah this reminds me of when Donny Walsh traded for Melo, and everyone was convinced it was Dolan calling the shots. Very recently, Walsh spoke about that trade, unprompted, and said specifically he was the one that made that decision and gave specific reasons why. You would think that would convince people to change their mind on it, but i bet most of them still think Walsh is covering for Dolan for some reason. Knick fans love their conspiracy theories, that's for sure.

I would be interested in a link for that. Not that I don't believe you, I would like to read that.
I also think that Walsh is a stand up guy and took the GM's "creed" that you don't throw an owner under the bus. Kind of part of the job.
But I would like to read Walsh's own words. Perhaps we were all wrong all these years?

As for the current state of things, calling for phil's head does not solve the future. PHil leaving would not negate Melo's NTC nor change the value of our assets or our picks.

BTW, Mills is the GM and I suspect even if phil left, I doubt much would change.

I will have to hunt it down. I don't remember where it came from, but it was relatively recent.

Does anyone remember? There must be a link from this forum we can bump about it. I'm not really good at that sort of thing.

I remember the article and was surprised. Don't have a link

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/23/2017  11:25 AM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

Yeah we will have to track it down. It was very surprising, i agree, mainly because it was unprompted and completely after the fact.

Chandler
Member: #6197

1/23/2017  12:30 PM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

Yeah we will have to track it down. It was very surprising, i agree, mainly because it was unprompted and completely after the fact.

i don't have the link but remember it too. Also i don't think it was a bad decision.

As some other threads are currently saying (and as I've said before -- not unique to me by no means) when there's a salary cap it's to your team's advantage to be a value shopper to try and get as much talent as you can on your fixed budget. In theory, you might be able to squeeze more value than other teams out of mid-tier vets, but it's foolish to think you'll get home runs there. The real values come either from drafting smart (where they're on rookie deals and can play much better than their contracts) or superstars who outperform their max contracts. You have to go back a long time (the Pistons ?? and depending on your view of Isiah) to see a team that has won without an superstar elite player. It's not simply that they're superstars (e.g., Lebron, Duncan/Leonard, MJ etc)it's that they're getting a lot more value from those players than they're paying them; they're getting more talent for the same money. So under that line of logic I thought it was smart way back when to try and get an elite superstar. Hasn't worked out fully as plan but i thought the plan made sense and wasn't simply starphuch or whatever people are calling that. (It is a winning strategy just no guarantees)

(5)(5)
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/23/2017  12:40 PM
I've read all the Rosen articles and there were many of his statements that ended up not matching what Phil did or said later on. I don't believe it's Phil feeding all of this to Rosen. The stories Rosen wrote where he directly quotes Phil are clear but in his other articles Rosen does a lot of his own editorializing.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/23/2017  12:52 PM
wargames wrote:
jrodmc wrote:His reasons for Melo to leave don't even reach the intelligence level of the haters on this board:

2) Melo is numb and not playing for anyone other than people on the team and in the lockerroom. Is he supposed to play for the GM and the President, I forget?
5) Hey, the Knicks suck again. Melo's never been through that before, right? Hey old guy, go now, hurry!
6) Melo, I really really really want you to win a chip. Somewhere else. Anywhere else. Maybe China!
7) Melo is dynamic scorer, but is too slow to play SF, but too fragile to play PF. But he doesn't post up enough. But he takes too many jumpers. Or something. Maybe he could convert to playing free safety for the Jets...
8) Melo's fat and slow, by the way. We love saying this. Phil laughs so hard the seeds come through his nose.
10) Or that the Knicks really suck right now? Phil is 70-something now. He repeats himself alot.

You can tell Charlie didn't get all this from Phil because the word triangle wasn't mentioned and Phil only makes at most, three sides to an argument. So there.

The whole article basically made it clear Melo didn't care about winning he just a wants to be in NY because he likes it here and loves the attention of being a star player in NY. As a human being I am fine with that. As a Knick fan I want him gone ASAP just because we need to do a rebuild and he could bring in picks. If he stays the Knicks will suck, if he leaves the Knicks will suck but with more draft picks/youth.

That's the whole article. While both choices are bleak the latter gives us a better chance to improve quickest to be ready to compete on KP's timeline

2) And you know he's just trying to knock down an open three because he actually is playing to lose, right? You scan his neurons every day and all that comes back is "Please lose this game, Please miss shots that matter, Please lose this game".

The whole article says nothing other than crap guessing. Melo must want to win, but only when it means he'd be somewhere else. Do you see how that's repeated ad nauseum?

How about noticing the bruising he takes night in and night out with no calls? Why does he continue to do that? Why does he ever bother playing brother ball with Kuz? Because these are facts that would negate negativity, and we can't have that in ESPN-HATE-THYSELF-NYC-AT-ALL-COSTS Knick fanland.

As a Knick fan I've noticed that Phil has already rebuilt the entire team twice. I also notice that the only thing that's not new and shiny is Melo, so obviously that means we cant' win with Melo. Even though we have. But enough about that.

Please continue hawking goobers down the Hinkie path, no matter what the Sixers do. That looks like so much fun.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/23/2017  12:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/23/2017  1:14 PM
If a quite a few national sports writers had not written that Rosen channels Phil at times, I would be more inclined to believe that Jackson's thoughts aren't being included in Rosen's pieces about the Knicks.

Phil might not be ghostwriting articles for Rosen, but I'm guessing they talk enough for him to relay the gist of what Phil is telling him, while including some of his own opinions as well.

When I see an unflinching look at Phil's tenure with the Knicks from Rosen, I will be more inclined to believe that Rosen is writing these pieces, without Phil's input.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

1/23/2017  12:59 PM
crzymdups wrote:What Phil is doing here via Rosen is pretty damn cowardly.

Here's the article-

http://www.fanragsports.com/nba/knicks/rosen-carmelo-anthony-stay-leave-knicks/

Of course the most intriguing issue surrounding the Knicks these days is the future of Carmelo Anthony.

After unequivocally insisting that he wants to stay in New York, he has recently recanted, saying he would waive his no-trade clause if the Knicks really wanted him gone.

Here’s a pro-and-con, devil’s advocate summary of the reasons — from the respective points of view of both Melo and the Knicks — why both of these options make sense.

WHY MELO SHOULD STAY

He and his wife La La love living in New York. This is totally understandable given the constant, and wide, variety of cultural attractions, media connections and brand-amplifying possibilities available in the Big Apple. Especially for a national celebrity with money to burn.
This is his sixth season living and working in the city where he was born and mostly raised, so he feels incredibly comfortable there.
Melo is still a dynamic go-to scorer. Although he doesn’t post up as much as he used to he can always create a good shot on his often spectacular and resourceful one-on-one moves.
He’s the highly recognizable face of the franchise.
Melo sincerely wants to be “The Man,” and be a prime mover in the team’s return to glory.
The Knicks have a locker room full of good people who support him through these troubled times.
Madison Square Garden is always filled to the rafters with enthusiastic fans who are eagerly waiting for good things to happen.

WHY MELO SHOULD LEAVE

Many published reports claim that several unnamed individuals in the team’s front office want him traded.
When Melo says that he’s “numb” to Phil Jackson, and upon hearing these reports, he says that he’s only playing for his teammates. This is an indication of just how isolated he feels.
The New York media has always been cynical and probing, looking to exacerbate even the slightest hint of discontent in any of the local teams. And they all have their sights set on everything Melo does and says. The pressure, then, has to be distracting and exhausting.
He’ll be 33 in May and should be understandably wary of spending what’s left of his peak years on a team that needs to commit to a rebuilding process.
With the Knicks in such disarray, there doesn’t seem much of an attractive future for him in New York.
It’s likewise understandable that he’d like to play for a team that’s a legitimate championship contender.
Lately, he’s been playing more and more time at the power forward position. With his diminished bounce, this is a good fit. However, having to bang with bigger stronger opponents will accelerate the breaking down of his already somewhat vulnerable body.
He was publicly chastised by Jackson for holding the ball too long before making his move. This tendency breaks down any semblance of a quick-footed, ball-sharing offense. As such, Melo’s adhesive hands greatly inhibit the development of the team’s young players.
His poor defense also takes its toll.
Melo’s lack of late-game production in the team’s most recent painful defeats has to frustrate him to the max.
As the losses pile up, many of the fans and the media place the blame squarely on him. As Walt Frazier recently said, the same thing happened to him and Willis Reed whenever the Knicks struggled. But this kind of blame game is routine in New York. It’s why New York is the best place to win and the worst place to lose.
At this stage in his career, Melo might thrive as being the second or even third option for a championship-caliber team.
How much longer can he stand being in the center of so much drama?
Far from making any suggestions, I’m merely trying to enumerate why whatever happens will likely happen.

And I should re-state for the record that these are my ideas, my opinions and have nothing to do with whatever Phil Jackson might or might not be thinking. I have NEVER acted as a mouthpiece for Jackson, and that remains the case here.

Regardless of the ethics involving mouthpiece for Phil, there's nothing in the article that isn't accurate. It's a solid analysis of Melo's options, and the reasons why he'd go either way.

I hope he chooses the latter, since it's clear that KP's window (and this the NYK's) lies well outside of Melo's remaining career arc.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/23/2017  1:05 PM
jrodmc wrote:
wargames wrote:

2) And you know he's just trying to knock down an open three because he actually is playing to lose, right? You scan his neurons every day and all that comes back is "Please lose this game, Please miss shots that matter, Please lose this game".

The whole article says nothing other than crap guessing. Melo must want to win, but only when it means he'd be somewhere else. Do you see how that's repeated ad nauseum?

How about noticing the bruising he takes night in and night out with no calls? Why does he continue to do that? Why does he ever bother playing brother ball with Kuz? Because these are facts that would negate negativity, and we can't have that in ESPN-HATE-THYSELF-NYC-AT-ALL-COSTS Knick fanland.

As a Knick fan I've noticed that Phil has already rebuilt the entire team twice. I also notice that the only thing that's not new and shiny is Melo, so obviously that means we cant' win with Melo. Even though we have. But enough about that.

Please continue hawking goobers down the Hinkie path, no matter what the Sixers do. That looks like so much fun.

Jr there comes a point where cutting ties to help the team makes sense. He should still be able to bring back a good asset tally. You said being the Sixers wouldn't be fun but all of these good teams got their players via high draft pick-- so did the Knicks 32 years ago. What's the difference in the melo Knicks and the 76 era anyway? They are just as good as us they beat us and now they will pass is unless we strategize a plan to re make part of this team. 15 years we spent so much money and we won 1 playoff series. Roi is worst in sports history -- time to change starting with getting younger

RIP Crushalot😞
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

1/23/2017  1:18 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
wargames wrote:

Jr there comes a point where cutting ties to help the team makes sense. He should still be able to bring back a good asset tally. You said being the Sixers wouldn't be fun but all of these good teams got their players via high draft pick-- so did the Knicks 32 years ago. What's the difference in the melo Knicks and the 76 era anyway? They are just as good as us they beat us and now they will pass is unless we strategize a plan to re make part of this team. 15 years we spent so much money and we won 1 playoff series. Roi is worst in sports history -- time to change starting with getting younger

Exactly.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/23/2017  1:27 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
wargames wrote:

BRIGGS, if you honestly have to ask what's the difference between the Knicks and the Sixers in the past 5 or 6 years, I really don't know what to say. Unless by "era" you mean the last two months. Sixers have spent years winning 10 games, getting draft picks and watching them either crash or move on to other teams. They have an incredibly smooth big man who most likely will be gone by the time they keep tanking and get pieces around him. MCW, Okafor and Noel all say hi! What else do you see, other than new shiny things and lots of ping pong balls? I know you have a penchant for draft night and obscure euro and college players, but life is more than the lottery. Isn't it?

If he can bring such a good asset tally now, why is he absolutely no good to us? How does that work, exactly? I'm always mystified by this tremendous logic around one player who we can't win a game without. There are just tons of incredibly cheap, overachieving players that teams are just dying to give up to us. This must be true. It just has to be true.

Spree got traded for a can of Utah dog poop. Ewing got traded for a huge pile of even less. So we embrace the "oh my god we're losing, lets do anything!" cheap thrills train and end up where?

I guess it has to be better as long as Melo is gone, right?

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/23/2017  1:30 PM
jrodmc wrote:
wargames wrote:

2) And you know he's just "Please lose this game, Please miss shots that matter, Please lose this game".
trying to knock down an open three because he actually is playing to lose, right? You scan his neurons every day and all that comes back is

Don't know if you noticed but he clearly threw the towel in on Saturday. Shot 5 for 6 from 3. Only miss was the game winner. Which he made go around the rim and out, just to piss us off. Scored 31 on just 17 shots, chucker. Did not get the ball last 3 minutes except for last 6 seconds, clearly hiding to lose. And had nice assists when he brought ball up, poser. Fed KP and told him to take the shot in 3rd... clearly doesn't want to win. Think we trade him for a shot to pick up guys like Jerian Grant, Thon Maker, Domantis Sabonis, Taurean Prince, Georgios Papagiannis, Denzel Valentine, Noah Vonleh, Elfrid Payton, TJ Warren, Jusuf Nurkic, Nerlens Noel, Caldwell Pope, Kelly Olynyk, Shane Larkin. Oh how I get goose bumps just thinking about it. Or dare I dream of getting a lottery pick like Brandon Ingram, Mario Henzonga, Okafor, Willy Stein, Aaron Gordon, Dante Exum, Anthony Bennet, Cody Zeller, Alex Len. Nahh better not over shoot and get disappointed.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

1/23/2017  1:35 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
wargames wrote:

You make a reasonable point. But your excluding one thing...When we surrounded him with decent array of players to fit roles and some solid vets, then got out of his way and fed him the ball, we won 54 games. When we gave him a line up consisting of NBA rejects and forced him to go with the glorious TRIANGLE, we have done what? Your reasonable but now time to be objective.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/23/2017  1:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/23/2017  1:46 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
wargames wrote:

You make a reasonable point. But your excluding one thing...When we surrounded him with decent array of players to fit roles and some solid vets, then got out of his way and fed him the ball, we won 54 games. When we gave him a line up consisting of NBA rejects and forced him to go with the glorious TRIANGLE, we have done what? Your reasonable but now time to be objective.

So basically when you overpay one player (1/4 the salary cap), you have to be almost flawless with the rest of the decisions. And then you make it to the 2nd round. It's an approach with no wiggle room. So it usually doesn't work. That said, we're overpaying all our vets. Just replacing Melo with other overpaid vets won't solve anything. I hope they don't go in that direction. And if we hold onto all our other overpaid vets, getting rid of Melo only makes a small dent in the problem.
Chandler

1/23/2017  2:07 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
wargames wrote:

and when Jason Kidd was making great decisions on the court!

Who do you surround him with now? And one can make the argument that Phil attempted that approach with Rose, Noah, Jennings and Lee. And while it's fair to criticize their individual and collective performances (if you're inclined) all you offer are vague suggestions that we would have been better to surround an aging (super)star with some others, unnamed role players to repeat a performance (2d round exit) when Melo was better. Why don't you illuminate us all and say what the roster would have been if you were supreme ruler; you'll even have the benefit of hindsight

Celts traded Pierce and KG even though they won a chip with them (and honestly should have knocked Heat out the next season but for bad reffing in game 6) to stockpile assets. We won't repeat that haul but it is a perfectly legitimate strategy to consider. He may be worth more to other teams than he is to us at present; and this doesn't have to be taken as a knock against Melo -- it could just be the reality. For example, i don't know how such a trade would even be possible but if i were the Cavs and looking at Golden State I might think more scoring could come in handy in the matchup. Personally I don't see this happening and don't see us getting max back; instead we have to do the best we can with him, and for me the priority should be future-focused.

(5)(5)
HofstraBBall

1/23/2017  2:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/23/2017  2:42 PM
Chandler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
wargames wrote:

Who do you surround him with now? And one can make the argument that Phil attempted that approach with Rose, Noah, Jennings and Lee. And while it's fair to criticize their individual and collective performances (if you're inclined) all you offer are vague suggestions that we would have been better to surround an aging (super)star with some others, unnamed role players to repeat a performance (2d round exit) when Melo was better. Why don't you illuminate us all and say what the roster would have been if you were supreme ruler; you'll even have the benefit of hindsight

Celts traded Pierce and KG even though they won a chip with them (and honestly should have knocked Heat out the next season but for bad reffing in game 6) to stockpile assets. We won't repeat that haul but it is a perfectly legitimate strategy to consider. He may be worth more to other teams than he is to us at present; and this doesn't have to be taken as a knock against Melo -- it could just be the reality. For example, i don't know how such a trade would even be possible but if i were the Cavs and looking at Golden State I might think more scoring could come in handy in the matchup. Personally I don't see this happening and don't see us getting max back; instead we have t the best we can with him, and for me the priority should be future-focused.

I'll iluminate you as the guy thats trying to **** on a 54 win season, and Melos year, by saying we didnt do anything except get within one game of the conference finals. And when was the last time, prior to Melo, we got that close? I know your not saying there was an effort to surround him with players in 2104 and 2015? And yes Phil has tried. Pretty decent effort except for a Kidd like PG and a Chandler like Center. Which is a center who plays good defense but not invisible on offense. But what I love about your comment is that your saying Melo, only All Star that wants to be here, does not give us a better chance to do the same. How many games have we lost by 3 or less? What would our record be if we won those? Not exactly blow up the roster/**** on the superstar type performances. Add the amount of injuries we have had. New team. But yeah, I get it, **** on the guy who has been our best player. I know that hurts for many on here. As for vague, I have said, since signing, Noah is our biggest problem/mistake! He puts KP and Melo out of position. Liability on offense, cant guard stretch offenses. And Whats our record without him? Is that vague? Do agree that it was tough getting a good point guard this past off season. Like Rose but not as PG.

Chandler

1/23/2017  3:06 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Chandler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
wargames wrote:

Celts traded Pierce and KG even though they won a chip with them (and honestly should have knocked Heat out the next season but for bad reffing in game 6) to stockpile assets. We won't repeat that haul but it is a perfectly legitimate strategy to consider. He may be worth more to other teams than he is to us at present; and this doesn't have to be taken as a knock against Melo -- it could just be the reality. For example, i don't know how such a trade would even be possible but if i were the Cavs and looking at Golden State I might think more scoring could come in handy in the matchup. Personally I don't see this happening and don't see us getting max back; instead we have t the best we can with him, and for me the priority should be future-focused.

I'll iluminate you as the guy thats trying to **** on a 54 win season, and Melos year, by saying we didnt do anything except get within one game of the conference finals. And when was the last time, prior to Melo, we got that close? I know your not saying there was an effort to surround him with players in 2104 and 2015? And yes Phil has tried. Pretty decent effort except for a Kidd like PG and a Chandler like Center. Which is a center who plays good defense but not invisible on offense. But what I love about your comment is that your saying Melo, only All Star that wants to be here, does not give us a better chance to do the same. How many games have we lost by 3 or less? What would our record be if we won those? Not exactly blow up the roster/**** on the superstar type performances. Add the amount of injuries we have had. New team. But yeah, I get it, **** on the guy who has been our best player. I know that hurts for many on here. As for vague, I have said, since signing, Noah is our biggest problem/mistake! He puts KP and Melo out of position. Liability on offense, cant guard stretch offenses. And Whats our record without him? Is that vague? Do agree that it was tough getting a good point guard this past off season. Like Rose but not as PG.

maybe simpler words will help you. Who would you have surrounded Melo with?

(5)(5)
Rosen "wrote" another article about Melo

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy