[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rosen "wrote" another article about Melo
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/22/2017  9:56 PM
What Phil is doing here via Rosen is pretty damn cowardly.

Here's the article-

http://www.fanragsports.com/nba/knicks/rosen-carmelo-anthony-stay-leave-knicks/

Of course the most intriguing issue surrounding the Knicks these days is the future of Carmelo Anthony.

After unequivocally insisting that he wants to stay in New York, he has recently recanted, saying he would waive his no-trade clause if the Knicks really wanted him gone.

Here’s a pro-and-con, devil’s advocate summary of the reasons — from the respective points of view of both Melo and the Knicks — why both of these options make sense.

WHY MELO SHOULD STAY

He and his wife La La love living in New York. This is totally understandable given the constant, and wide, variety of cultural attractions, media connections and brand-amplifying possibilities available in the Big Apple. Especially for a national celebrity with money to burn.
This is his sixth season living and working in the city where he was born and mostly raised, so he feels incredibly comfortable there.
Melo is still a dynamic go-to scorer. Although he doesn’t post up as much as he used to he can always create a good shot on his often spectacular and resourceful one-on-one moves.
He’s the highly recognizable face of the franchise.
Melo sincerely wants to be “The Man,” and be a prime mover in the team’s return to glory.
The Knicks have a locker room full of good people who support him through these troubled times.
Madison Square Garden is always filled to the rafters with enthusiastic fans who are eagerly waiting for good things to happen.

WHY MELO SHOULD LEAVE

Many published reports claim that several unnamed individuals in the team’s front office want him traded.
When Melo says that he’s “numb” to Phil Jackson, and upon hearing these reports, he says that he’s only playing for his teammates. This is an indication of just how isolated he feels.
The New York media has always been cynical and probing, looking to exacerbate even the slightest hint of discontent in any of the local teams. And they all have their sights set on everything Melo does and says. The pressure, then, has to be distracting and exhausting.
He’ll be 33 in May and should be understandably wary of spending what’s left of his peak years on a team that needs to commit to a rebuilding process.
With the Knicks in such disarray, there doesn’t seem much of an attractive future for him in New York.
It’s likewise understandable that he’d like to play for a team that’s a legitimate championship contender.
Lately, he’s been playing more and more time at the power forward position. With his diminished bounce, this is a good fit. However, having to bang with bigger stronger opponents will accelerate the breaking down of his already somewhat vulnerable body.
He was publicly chastised by Jackson for holding the ball too long before making his move. This tendency breaks down any semblance of a quick-footed, ball-sharing offense. As such, Melo’s adhesive hands greatly inhibit the development of the team’s young players.
His poor defense also takes its toll.
Melo’s lack of late-game production in the team’s most recent painful defeats has to frustrate him to the max.
As the losses pile up, many of the fans and the media place the blame squarely on him. As Walt Frazier recently said, the same thing happened to him and Willis Reed whenever the Knicks struggled. But this kind of blame game is routine in New York. It’s why New York is the best place to win and the worst place to lose.
At this stage in his career, Melo might thrive as being the second or even third option for a championship-caliber team.
How much longer can he stand being in the center of so much drama?
Far from making any suggestions, I’m merely trying to enumerate why whatever happens will likely happen.

And I should re-state for the record that these are my ideas, my opinions and have nothing to do with whatever Phil Jackson might or might not be thinking. I have NEVER acted as a mouthpiece for Jackson, and that remains the case here.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/22/2017  10:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/22/2017  10:17 PM
Gosh Phil..Grow a pair and be a man..Speak your own mind..This is the last thing you expect from this guy..What a punk..

I thought Phil was a man's man but just with an ego..
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/22/2017  11:03 PM
Does everyone really think this is phil talking?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/22/2017  11:19 PM
Knixkik wrote:Does everyone really think this is phil talking?
Yeah. What a weak way to handle things on Phil's part. Much worse then when he had Rosen write about how small Larkin's hands are.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
holfresh

1/23/2017  12:05 AM

Phil gave him his voice..Phil's exclusives made his product worth reading..So now he is detached??..

Whatever..Who cares..

stopstandthere
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #6004

1/23/2017  12:45 AM
Apologies, please anyone tell me the connection between Rosen and Phil?
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
1/23/2017  12:53 AM
holfresh wrote:

Phil gave him his voice..Phil's exclusives made his product worth reading..So now he is detached??..

Whatever..Who cares..

Who cares who articulate the facts?
Facts are facts and Melo is the ONLY one who can act on them.
This is also a fact.
He has the power a so he has the responsibility for his life.
Good for Melo... or is it?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
holfresh

1/23/2017  7:28 AM
arkrud wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Whatever..Who cares..

This is also a fact.

Fact is Melo has an NTC..Fact is that Phil has done a poor job and his ego is preventing him from accepting the responsibility..So he sets brush fires to point your attention in another direction. His camp see Melo is low hanging fruit and wants to exploit it..They realize a segment of fans, like yourself, have a Melo fetish...So its a convenient diversion as the team he assembled, with high hopes, implodes yet again...Phil is the commonality in all these teams..People will notice when the Melo brush fire goes away...Or maybe Phil knows Dolan likes Melo and this is just another ruse to make off with the two final years of the deal..He might be looking to get fired..Either way, it's a gutless move...Melo is looking like the bigger man in all this, and coming out as the sympathetic figure...I'm just amazed that time and time again, Dolan allow these guys to come to NY and lay a massive dump on the Garden and run off with a pile of cash...
Chandler
Member: #6197

1/23/2017  7:33 AM

I don't. Having said that Rosen and Phil are like-minded

I don't see anything outrageous in this article. What am I missing?

Also most here probably know this but Rosen played and was a coach

I say this because there are a few ding dongs on this board who feel that unless you have you're not allowed to have an opinion

(5)(5)
Chandler

1/23/2017  7:37 AM
stopstandthere wrote:Apologies, please anyone tell me the connection between Rosen and Phil?

Rosen was an assistant coach under Phil when in the cba. Friends and fellow travellers

I suspect the reason for the exclusives is Rosen must report Phil more accurately not putting their own spin on it. For that reason I understand why people might think why this is really Phil talking. But I don't

(5)(5)
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/23/2017  8:07 AM
Phil Jackson would often do this with Kobe Bryant and his Laker players as well. It's not a big deal if you're about winning. Kobe used to take this and use it as motivation to be a greater player. Kobe hated Phil at one point. Yet Kobe stepped up. Responded. Greatness. He demanded a trade when he felt the Lakers management weren't doing enough. Melo? Complete 180. He has the talent to be in the Kobe role. He can easily give a team 24 points, 5 assists and play hard on defense. It's about commitment, Melo is only committed to the lifestyle. Not the game. Look at his body. So many years into the league and he still does not make himself fitter, to be able to play hard on both sides of the ball. The team is losing every year, before Phil even came to the picture. Melo doesn't care about that. He justifies it as being able to win 3 gold medals. Sorry, Melo. You need to win in the NBA too. Easy to be a killer on a team with 10 all stars against weaker international comp. Even though Melo is every bit a killer talent wise and skill wise in international comp as a stretch 4. As a Knick, as a leader, as the franchise player, only a really really confused lost fan would support Melo's justification over Phil's.

Since Phil has come to us, the team has begun to value draft picks and picking up young unknown players through scouting. Kristaps. Willy. Kuz. Gallo. Lance Thomas. O'Quinn. Plumlee. Baker. Now all may not work out, but we're seeing consistency in valuing the draft and valuing picking up players on scouting and youth versus being NBA established names. The franchise has all it's picks from here on out. They have a maximum capspace slot this offseason if they choose (and can clear more easily by moving some pieces that are easy to move as Lee, O'Quinn, Thomas).

I'm not saying Phil is perfect or right, but he has 11 championships. He is set for life. He came back to the Knicks out of love for his time here as a winner. He is about bringing this franchise back to greatness. He will do it through the draft or position us with to select good young players. It may take 5-6 years from his time coming here to see it, but it will happen. Melo? Look I like him. I really do. He's a nice guy. Chill. Great scorer. But he knows virtually nothing about being a leader on a good team. All his teams that were any good, had someone else leading it. Kidd in the lone year they were any good in NY. Billups in Denver. To credit NY management they even tried to get Melo that in Rose, but their chemistry is more like Melo's with Iverson in Denver than it is Billups or Kidd.

I have thought about this alot over the last week. I think Phil is right on this one. Melo has to go. He can't say it directly to Melo because the season is still going on and you won't get a good Melo trade midseason. This is something that can be done in the offseason. So in the current have to stay in the moment focus on the season. However it is 100% in our best interests to deal Melo. We tried to make a run with him, Rose, Lee, KP, Noah. It just didn't pan out. We can not keep trying to make these sort of runs. We tried with other management as well. Atleast Phil was smart enough to not deal his draft picks to build around Melo or make a run with Melo. Quite the opposite. He invested in vets that have not delivered but he used his means to draft KP, Willy and bring in young rookie players like Kuz, Baker, Plumlee. The team needs to hit the lottery hard this year, get some major young talent and it needs to trade Melo for players that are in their prime with prime years ahead (27 or younger). Doesn't have to be a star, it can be role players.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/23/2017  8:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/23/2017  8:12 AM
His reasons for Melo to leave don't even reach the intelligence level of the haters on this board:

1) unnamed sources say... this is akin to saying nothing.
2) Melo is numb and not playing for anyone other than people on the team and in the lockerroom. Is he supposed to play for the GM and the President, I forget?
3) The Media Pressure. He's worried about Melo's health. So nice.
4) He's worried about Melo's age. Nice again.
5) Hey, the Knicks suck again. Melo's never been through that before, right? Hey old guy, go now, hurry!
6) Melo, I really really really want you to win a chip. Somewhere else. Anywhere else. Maybe China!
7) Melo is dynamic scorer, but is too slow to play SF, but too fragile to play PF. But he doesn't post up enough. But he takes too many jumpers. Or something. Maybe he could convert to playing free safety for the Jets...
8) Melo's fat and slow, by the way. We love saying this. Phil laughs so hard the seeds come through his nose.
9) Did I already mention the Pressure?
10) Or that the Knicks really suck right now? Phil is 70-something now. He repeats himself alot.

You can tell Charlie didn't get all this from Phil because the word triangle wasn't mentioned and Phil only makes at most, three sides to an argument. So there.

Chandler

1/23/2017  8:22 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Phil Jackson would often do this with Kobe Bryant and his Laker players as well. It's not a big deal if you're about winning. Kobe used to take this and use it as motivation to be a greater player. Kobe hated Phil at one point. Yet Kobe stepped up. Responded. Greatness. He demanded a trade when he felt the Lakers management weren't doing enough. Melo? Complete 180. He has the talent to be in the Kobe role. He can easily give a team 24 points, 5 assists and play hard on defense. It's about commitment, Melo is only committed to the lifestyle. Not the game. Look at his body. So many years into the league and he still does not make himself fitter, to be able to play hard on both sides of the ball. The team is losing every year, before Phil even came to the picture. Melo doesn't care about that. He justifies it as being able to win 3 gold medals. Sorry, Melo. You need to win in the NBA too. Easy to be a killer on a team with 10 all stars against weaker international comp. Even though Melo is every bit a killer talent wise and skill wise in international comp as a stretch 4. As a Knick, as a leader, as the franchise player, only a really really confused lost fan would support Melo's justification over Phil's.

Since Phil has come to us, the team has begun to value draft picks and picking up young unknown players through scouting. Kristaps. Willy. Kuz. Gallo. Lance Thomas. O'Quinn. Plumlee. Baker. Now all may not work out, but we're seeing consistency in valuing the draft and valuing picking up players on scouting and youth versus being NBA established names. The franchise has all it's picks from here on out. They have a maximum capspace slot this offseason if they choose (and can clear more easily by moving some pieces that are easy to move as Lee, O'Quinn, Thomas).

I'm not saying Phil is perfect or right, but he has 11 championships. He is set for life. He came back to the Knicks out of love for his time here as a winner. He is about bringing this franchise back to greatness. He will do it through the draft or position us with to select good young players. It may take 5-6 years from his time coming here to see it, but it will happen. Melo? Look I like him. I really do. He's a nice guy. Chill. Great scorer. But he knows virtually nothing about being a leader on a good team. All his teams that were any good, had someone else leading it. Kidd in the lone year they were any good in NY. Billups in Denver. To credit NY management they even tried to get Melo that in Rose, but their chemistry is more like Melo's with Iverson in Denver than it is Billups or Kidd.

I have thought about this alot over the last week. I think Phil is right on this one. Melo has to go. He can't say it directly to Melo because the season is still going on and you won't get a good Melo trade midseason. This is something that can be done in the offseason. So in the current have to stay in the moment focus on the season. However it is 100% in our best interests to deal Melo. We tried to make a run with him, Rose, Lee, KP, Noah. It just didn't pan out. We can not keep trying to make these sort of runs. We tried with other management as well. Atleast Phil was smart enough to not deal his draft picks to build around Melo or make a run with Melo. Quite the opposite. He invested in vets that have not delivered but he used his means to draft KP, Willy and bring in young rookie players like Kuz, Baker, Plumlee. The team needs to hit the lottery hard this year, get some major young talent and it needs to trade Melo for players that are in their prime with prime years ahead (27 or younger). Doesn't have to be a star, it can be role players.

Great summary IMO.

(5)(5)
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/23/2017  9:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/23/2017  9:16 AM
I could have wrote the same exact article and Im not apart of Phil's tickle train....

Other words just chill out on Rosen.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

1/23/2017  9:25 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Phil Jackson would often do this with Kobe Bryant and his Laker players as well. It's not a big deal if you're about winning. Kobe used to take this and use it as motivation to be a greater player. Kobe hated Phil at one point. Yet Kobe stepped up. Responded. Greatness. He demanded a trade when he felt the Lakers management weren't doing enough. Melo? Complete 180. He has the talent to be in the Kobe role. He can easily give a team 24 points, 5 assists and play hard on defense. It's about commitment, Melo is only committed to the lifestyle. Not the game. Look at his body. So many years into the league and he still does not make himself fitter, to be able to play hard on both sides of the ball. The team is losing every year, before Phil even came to the picture. Melo doesn't care about that. He justifies it as being able to win 3 gold medals. Sorry, Melo. You need to win in the NBA too. Easy to be a killer on a team with 10 all stars against weaker international comp. Even though Melo is every bit a killer talent wise and skill wise in international comp as a stretch 4. As a Knick, as a leader, as the franchise player, only a really really confused lost fan would support Melo's justification over Phil's.

nice write up i think phil has done what he has done thru out his career , he had super star players and found nice credible role players to work with them only thing is as good as melo is, and i like melo playing for us. he is not on the competitive level that jordan or kobe is on he is a nice second or third but not an alpha this team needs an alpha and kp6 is a few years away. hate to say it but he might need to go to bolster up assets to run with kp6

arkrud
Member: #995
USA
1/23/2017  9:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/23/2017  9:30 AM
holfresh wrote:
arkrud wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Whatever..Who cares..

This is also a fact.

Fact is Melo has an NTC..Fact is that Phil has done a poor job and his ego is preventing him from accepting the responsibility..So he sets brush fires to point your attention in another direction. His camp see Melo is low hanging fruit and wants to exploit it..They realize a segment of fans, like yourself, have a Melo fetish...So its a convenient diversion as the team he assembled, with high hopes, implodes yet again...Phil is the commonality in all these teams..People will notice when the Melo brush fire goes away...Or maybe Phil knows Dolan likes Melo and this is just another ruse to make off with the two final years of the deal..He might be looking to get fired..Either way, it's a gutless move...Melo is looking like the bigger man in all this, and coming out as the sympathetic figure...I'm just amazed that time and time again, Dolan allow these guys to come to NY and lay a massive dump on the Garden and run off with a pile of cash...

Never had any high hopes for the team this year. They exceeded my expectations already.
Rose is more healthy that I expected and can still bring it. His defense zo is even worth that I could imagine.
Noah can still play but his offense in nonexistent so he is not starter.
Jennings is just dumb energizer bunny which I new... but he cannot shot at all which was a revelation to me.
All young dudes are progressing faster that I expected and bring more and more to the table.
Was not interested in Melo game. It is constant and boring with all his skills and faults.
He is like luxury car in you garage which is there and has no use waiting for the lease to expire.
Another 2 years of monthly payments....

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
holfresh

1/23/2017  9:35 AM
arkrud wrote:
holfresh wrote:
arkrud wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Whatever..Who cares..

This is also a fact.

Never had any high hopes for the team this year. They exceeded my expectations already.
Rose is more healthy that I expected and can still bring it. His defense zo is even worth that I could imagine.
Noah can still play but his offense in nonexistent so he is not starter.
Jennings is just dumb energizer bunny which I new... but he cannot shot at all which was a revelation to me.
All young dudes are progressing faster that I expected and bring more and more to the table.
Was not interested in Melo game. It is constant and boring with all his skills and faults.
He is like luxury car in you garage which is there and has no use waiting for the lease to expire.
Another 2 years of monthly payments....

Who cares really..You get a woody every time you see a Melo thread...

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/23/2017  9:45 AM

no me... Phil might be an influencing what's said but, no, I don't think Phil is doing Rosen's job for him

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/23/2017  9:57 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:

no me... Phil might be an influencing what's said but, no, I don't think Phil is doing Rosen's job for him

Yeah this reminds me of when Donny Walsh traded for Melo, and everyone was convinced it was Dolan calling the shots. Very recently, Walsh spoke about that trade, unprompted, and said specifically he was the one that made that decision and gave specific reasons why. You would think that would convince people to change their mind on it, but i bet most of them still think Walsh is covering for Dolan for some reason. Knick fans love their conspiracy theories, that's for sure.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/23/2017  10:12 AM
Knixkik wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

Yeah this reminds me of when Donny Walsh traded for Melo, and everyone was convinced it was Dolan calling the shots. Very recently, Walsh spoke about that trade, unprompted, and said specifically he was the one that made that decision and gave specific reasons why. You would think that would convince people to change their mind on it, but i bet most of them still think Walsh is covering for Dolan for some reason. Knick fans love their conspiracy theories, that's for sure.

I would be interested in a link for that. Not that I don't believe you, I would like to read that.
It was long discussed that Dolan made the call over Walsh to the Denver owner.
I also think that Walsh is a stand up guy and took the GM's "creed" that you don't throw an owner under the bus. Kind of part of the job.
But I would like to read Walsh's own words. Perhaps we were all wrong all these years?

As for the current state of things, calling for phil's head does not solve the future. PHil leaving would not negate Melo's NTC nor change the value of our assets or our picks.

BTW, Mills is the GM and I suspect even if phil left, I doubt much would change.

Rosen "wrote" another article about Melo

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy