Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/23/2017  10:38 AM
EnySpree wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:I don't think people see it.

The Lee and Noah contracts are bad. They will cripple the Knicks in Years 3 and 4. If you want to move Lee, you need to move him this deadline, if you can.

Like Greg Monroe did, Zinger can leave after his 5th year. He'd have to leave money and guaranteed years on the table, but after 4 years of losing with Noah and Lee and what's left of Melo, why would he stay?

Melo is going nowhere, unless it's for pennies on the dollar and the Knicks take bad contracts back to make the salaries match.

Melo, even if he would waive his NTC, could not be packaged with Noah, the cap hit to the other team would be too extreme in any trade.

The only way to get rid of Noah is to package him with Zinger. The Knicks best trade asset is Zinger.

Zinger is the only thing the Knicks have that any other team wants. If they don't trade Zinger at some point, he will likely leave after his 5th year here. Jackson signed Lee and Noah to long deals because he knew he would not be here for those brutal 3rd and 4th years.

Teams will want Zinger. Or Melo for close to nothing. And that's it. Jackson screwed this team up royally for the next 3 and a half years.

Porzingis will never leave. If knicks want Noah gone they can just use the stretch provision on his contract and he's gone. Easy problem to solve.

Also, I hear porzingis HATES the nickname Zinger.

Melohate bleeds over onto the unicorn. Trade Porzingis. Classic.

Should be documented as the first sign of a Kristaps hater.

Yeah, it will only get worse from here. Ewing then Melo and soon KP. Knicks fans love to hate their best players.

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
USA
1/23/2017  10:40 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
Knixkik wrote: If knicks want Noah gone they can just use the stretch provision on his contract and he's gone. Easy problem to solve.

Cap projections

• 2018-19 salary cap and luxury tax: $108 million/$130 million

• 2019-20 salary cap and luxury tax: $109 million/$132 million

• 2020-21 salary cap and luxury tax: $114 million/$139 million

Using the Stretch on Noah would lock in this years cap hit, but spread out the remaining years at a rate of X 2 Plus 1

That means the Knicks would have to eat a close to 8 million cap hit for the NEXT SEVEN YEARS after this one. That's the what 2027-2028 season that his contract will finally be clear.

When you start progressively bleeding out assets and flexibility into the far future, is exactly one of the reasons the Knicks are in the situation that they are in now...

Noah and Lee signed here because this was the team that offered them the most years and most money compared to anyone else. That's it. The reason why those other teams didn't sign them to these kinds of contracts are the same reasons why those teams, most of them, tend to win, and the Knicks tend to lose.

Lee was offered more money from other teams. It's documented someplace that Philly offered him 15 mil a year for 4 years. Lee took less money to come here because of Noah convincing him.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/23/2017  10:44 AM
I've been a Melo supporter for a long time but I agree. KP should be our guy moving, and I'm a big believer in matching the expected durationo f your assets... meaning I want other young guys to be featured more. I think playing KP with KOQ, Willy, and Kuz makes more sense for the Knicks than trying to get to .500 with Melo, Rose, Lee, and Noah getting the bulk of the minutes and the bulk of the *responsibility*
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/23/2017  11:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/23/2017  11:02 AM
Knixkik wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
Knixkik wrote: If knicks want Noah gone they can just use the stretch provision on his contract and he's gone. Easy problem to solve.

Cap projections

Using the Stretch on Noah would lock in this years cap hit, but spread out the remaining years at a rate of X 2 Plus 1

That means the Knicks would have to eat a close to 8 million cap hit for the NEXT SEVEN YEARS after this one. That's the what 2027-2028 season that his contract will finally be clear.

When you start progressively bleeding out assets and flexibility into the far future, is exactly one of the reasons the Knicks are in the situation that they are in now...

Noah and Lee signed here because this was the team that offered them the most years and most money compared to anyone else. That's it. The reason why those other teams didn't sign them to these kinds of contracts are the same reasons why those teams, most of them, tend to win, and the Knicks tend to lose.

Lee was offered more money from other teams. It's documented someplace that Philly offered him 15 mil a year for 4 years. Lee took less money to come here because of Noah convincing him.

So us and Philly are the two geniuses who offered him huge deals. I'm not surprised. If you're out bidding most teams (it doesn't have to be all), you're probably overpaying.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/23/2017  11:04 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Cap projections

So us and Philly are the two geniuses who offered him huge deals. I'm not surprised. If you're out bidding most teams (it doesn't have to be all), you're probably overpaying.

I think he can be an effective piece but the reality is we need him to be more than that... which speaks to much larger problems than what Courtney Lee can or can't do

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Knixkik
USA
1/23/2017  11:05 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Cap projections

They were mentioned, but i'm sure there were plenty not mentioned. In a free agent market like last summer, i think Lee had offers lined up. He's been a consistent player in his career, started everywhere he has gone, known as a good shooter and defender. He was a safe pick for any team.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/23/2017  11:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/23/2017  11:07 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Cap projections

We had to do this because the organization is in the rat hole for a loooooong time.
With no ability to let it go and rebuild we will always do this type of gambling deals.
Just admit that we suck a..ss and go from here. Just dreaming...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Bonn1997
USA
1/23/2017  11:08 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Cap projections

They were mentioned, but i'm sure there were plenty not mentioned. In a free agent market like last summer, i think Lee had offers lined up. He's been a consistent player in his career, started everywhere he has gone, known as a good shooter and defender. He was a safe pick for any team.

At a low price, he's a good piece. I doubt teams like GS, SAS, and CLE were looking to give him 50 mil.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/23/2017  3:12 PM
From the 2015 all star game with John wall and Kyle Lowrey.....

Caption should read:

Wall: Kyle,You gonna take out your dick?
Melo: Im keeping my eyes up
Kyle: Melo, see that door, thats my door. My door in your city!
Melo: Why you touching your dick?
Wall: My eyes are down, damn, he gonna woop it out?
Kyle: My dick is up here. That's La La over there, right?
Melo: why you doing this?
Kyle: you 9th highest paid in league, props. Shyt gave me a woody.
Wall: Should I take my dick out?
Melo: Which basket should I shoot at?
Kyle: That one right there. Im gonna take my hand out and you shake it.
Wall: Dude, he got a magic Penis!!!!!
Kyle: Its a unicorn!

Chandler
Member: #6197

1/23/2017  3:18 PM
^^ thanks. that was pretty funny
(5)(5)
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/23/2017  4:26 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Cap projections

What a crappy post. The Lee signing was praised in almost all corners when it happened. Other teams wanted Lee. I know he was offered more money by other teams the one that I remember clearly is Minny.
So if a player signs with the Knicks it is a crappy signing even if he takes less and chooses the knicks? If I felt that way I wouldn't waste my time posting here or watching games.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/23/2017  4:46 PM
I'd take Lee at 11 than Shumpart for 10.
Or JR for 14mm.
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/23/2017  5:28 PM
Nalod wrote:I'd take Lee at 11 than Shumpart for 10.
Or JR for 14mm.

Yep, he's a good contract and a lot of good teams would like him

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/23/2017  7:33 PM
Nalod wrote:From the 2015 all star game with John wall and Kyle Lowrey.....

Caption should read:

Wall: Kyle,You gonna take out your dick?
Melo: Im keeping my eyes up
Kyle: Melo, see that door, thats my door. My door in your city!
Melo: Why you touching your dick?
Wall: My eyes are down, damn, he gonna woop it out?
Kyle: My dick is up here. That's La La over there, right?
Melo: why you doing this?
Kyle: you 9th highest paid in league, props. Shyt gave me a woody.
Wall: Should I take my dick out?
Melo: Which basket should I shoot at?
Kyle: That one right there. Im gonna take my hand out and you shake it.
Wall: Dude, he got a magic Penis!!!!!
Kyle: Its a unicorn!

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bonn1997
USA
1/23/2017  9:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/23/2017  9:51 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Cap projections

What a crappy post. The Lee signing was praised in almost all corners when it happened. Other teams wanted Lee. I know he was offered more money by other teams the one that I remember clearly is Minny.
So if a player signs with the Knicks it is a crappy signing even if he takes less and chooses the knicks? If I felt that way I wouldn't waste my time posting here or watching games.

LOL - sorry the truth hurts. Again, what well run teams offered him $50 mil?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/24/2017  4:51 PM
Listened to a story about LeBron acting unusually about the struggles this season, asking mgmt for help. Dont know if its been talked about (or possible), but LeBron might make the Cavs mgmt desperate enough to go for a quick fix. Lebron can walk, he really wants to beat GS, especially after the pasting GS gave them in the last game.

If Phil could take advantage of their desperation and package Rose and Melo, and we come out with cap room and picks, as part of the deal, that would be great. Rose gets to go back to the midwest, closer to home. Melo gets to contend. Rose's deal is an expiring. Again, havent crunched the numbers, but Cavs might want to throw caution to the wind to keep LeBron. Melo and Rose would get his attention.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/24/2017  4:59 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Listened to a story about LeBron acting unusually about the struggles this season, asking mgmt for help. Dont know if its been talked about (or possible), but LeBron might make the Cavs mgmt desperate enough to go for a quick fix. Lebron can walk, he really wants to beat GS, especially after the pasting GS gave them in the last game.

If Phil could take advantage of their desperation and package Rose and Melo, and we come out with cap room and picks, as part of the deal, that would be great. Rose gets to go back to the midwest, closer to home. Melo gets to contend. Rose's deal is an expiring. Again, havent crunched the numbers, but Cavs might want to throw caution to the wind to keep LeBron. Melo and Rose would get his attention.

Melo would be amazing on the Cavs. Not sure about Rose. Would Rose and Kyrie share the back court?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/24/2017  7:23 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Listened to a story about LeBron acting unusually about the struggles this season, asking mgmt for help. Dont know if its been talked about (or possible), but LeBron might make the Cavs mgmt desperate enough to go for a quick fix. Lebron can walk, he really wants to beat GS, especially after the pasting GS gave them in the last game.

This would qualify as tradeporn

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/24/2017  7:57 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:

hahahaha love that coin-age

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/24/2017  8:03 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:

LOL, busted.

At this point, Melo should move on...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy