Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/13/2017  11:10 AM
crzymdups wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
crzymdups wrote:His last two games - when he's on the floor this is a different team on offense AND defense.

17pts and 11rebs (+9 in plus/minus) in Boston in one of our best all around performances of the year.

6pts and 8rebs (+13) and changed the game tonight - gave the Knicks a lead.

Start Willy.

I'm sorry, I love Noah... but he's atrocious right now. He is the complete wrong fit at center for this team. He needs to sit for the good of the team.

DRose
CLee
Melo
KP
Willy

Will never happen. Would mean that Phil admits he made a mistake. Will never happen.

I'm not so sure that's the case. Not when a young player you actually drafted earns the job. Willy really does look like he should be starting along with KP. It's gonna happen eventually. Just didn't realize it would be so soon.

Yea Willy and KP have the chemistry needed in the starting lineup it showed today in the starting line up vs the spurs ... Willy and KP are the future the future is now... Willy with some clutch shots today that reverse that should have been a and one was bad ass

Yes, they have great chemistry together. I don't think it was a coincidence that this was KP's best defensive game in months. They need to play together more.

Only downside for the tank is we might start winning more.

Its been written they practiced hard on defense this week!
KP stayed out of foul trouble.

AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

2/13/2017  11:25 AM
I say at this point we need to just start Willy, give him major minutes and work through his rookie mistakes. We should also leverage KOQ solid play into (hopefully) a first round pick (even a low first round pick). This is his ceiling and his trade value will never be this high again down the road. Let's roll with Noah as the first big off the bench and begin dressing Plumlee as the third big off the bench. If Noah continues to stink just move Plumlee up in the rotation.

We just have to accept that Willy is going to have his ups and downs and just live with it with an eye towards the future.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/13/2017  11:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/13/2017  11:29 AM
Welpee wrote:I say at this point we need to just start Willy, give him major minutes and work through his rookie mistakes. We should also leverage KOQ solid play into (hopefully) a first round pick (even a low first round pick). This is his ceiling and his trade value will never be this high again down the road. Let's roll with Noah as the first big off the bench and begin dressing Plumlee as the third big off the bench. If Noah continues to stink just move Plumlee up in the rotation.

We just have to accept that Willy is going to have his ups and downs and just live with it with an eye towards the future.

Agreed. Really the only disadvantage (to some) is this might actually help us win more games. We are a better team with KP and Willy in the frontcourt, hopefully we are bad enough to get the PG we need in the draft. I still wouldn't be opposed to keeping Melo to start alongside KP and Willy. If we get the right PG and get more athletic and better defensively in the backcourt, we won't be a bad team, even if Melo staying at the 3.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/13/2017  11:42 AM
As a 22 year old rookie, in a pretty bad situation in terms of all that's going on with this team, Willy is putting up 12/9 in most games he gets minutes in. You can pretty much secure that he's a 12/9 in 25 minutes type of starter in his career. I don't know how much better he could get. The talent is there. He just looks so fluid.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/13/2017  11:52 AM
Welpee wrote:I say at this point we need to just start Willy, give him major minutes and work through his rookie mistakes. We should also leverage KOQ solid play into (hopefully) a first round pick (even a low first round pick). This is his ceiling and his trade value will never be this high again down the road. Let's roll with Noah as the first big off the bench and begin dressing Plumlee as the third big off the bench. If Noah continues to stink just move Plumlee up in the rotation.

We should have done this a while ago. They both need to start and play together as much as possible.
Also with decent perimeter D, they can definitely clog up the inside pretty well. Whether we will ever have decent perimeter D consistently....IDK

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/13/2017  1:50 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:

We should have done this a while ago. They both need to start and play together as much as possible.
Also with decent perimeter D, they can definitely clog up the inside pretty well. Whether we will ever have decent perimeter D consistently....IDK

That's why Phil needs to make a trade and get some picks and young talent. They can at least set up for the future with a nice haul in this draft. IMO it's all about the PG, SG and SF of the future now. Once they fill those spots it's a whole new ballgame.
Time to start Willy Hernangomez

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy