[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Possible Trades of Noah
Author Thread
TheGame
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1154
USA
1/21/2017  1:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/21/2017  1:11 PM
I am not one who thinks Noah is a bad player. I think he had started to play better before he got hurt, but we have three other guys who can all play center, and that does not even include KP, so Noah is not needed. The Knicks should try to do a three-team trade by sending Noah to Portland (which needs a center), Portland would then send us a second round pick back. Portland would then send Evan Turner to Sacramento (who needs a replacement for Rudy Gay). Sacramento would then send Gay to us to balance out the salaries. Gay will drop off our cap at the end of the year, and we pick-up another draft pick out of the deal. Portland gets a center, Sacramento gets a small forward, and we get cap space for the summer of 2017.

We could also look into a two-way trade with Boston. Noah for Amir Johnson and a second round pick. It would be tough to trade within the division, but Boston needs rebounding and size and we are going to need cap space next summer. Johnson's deal expires at the end of the season.

Trust the Process
AUTOADVERT
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/21/2017  2:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/21/2017  3:00 PM
Lets do a 3 team trade with New York, Boston and Clippers.

New York gets---Avery Bradley, J.Crowder and 1st round pick from Boston

Boston gets---B.Griffin, JJ Reddick, L.Thomas, 2nd round pick from New York

Clippers get---Melo, D.Rose, KOQ

Rose can fill in for C.Paul for the 6-8 weeks he's out and when he gets back Rose can play some SG and backup Paul at PG

I know i know, Boston would never do that deal but i'd be ecstatic to get the return i have us getting.

Let me dream damn it

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/21/2017  3:08 PM
Doubt there is anyone on this board who wouldn't have been thrilled if Noah came here 2-3 years ago. The best bet I believe is trying to move him to Minny. The only way I see that happening is if Noah can show that he still can contribute off the bench.

He's put up some big numbers at times when he plays, but we do better without him. That might change if he came off the bench. Best bet would be to showcase him as hopefully an effective bench player. If there is no good deal to be had then have Noah come off the bench, decrease his minutes, lower the risk of new injuries.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/21/2017  4:48 PM
I like the idea of trading Noah to Boston. Noah would fit there better. They wanna play smash mouth basketball.

The Knicks would have addition by subtraction. We would just slide KP to the 5 and throw Willy into the rotation fill time. KOQ backs up Melo.

This off season we say goodbye to Rose and just sit on the cap space for players that fit what we wanna do

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
1/21/2017  8:23 PM
EnySpree wrote:I like the idea of trading Noah to Boston. Noah would fit there better. They wanna play smash mouth basketball.

The Knicks would have addition by subtraction. We would just slide KP to the 5 and throw Willy into the rotation fill time. KOQ backs up Melo.

This off season we say goodbye to Rose and just sit on the cap space for players that fit what we wanna do

IMO, that Boston trade makes sense for both teams. Noah is looking good tonight.

Trust the Process
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

1/22/2017  5:42 AM
Do not understand any of these trade scenarios.

Noah is a TOXIC CONTRACT. The last two years of that contract will be an anchor around the neck of any franchise, even with the cap to go up.

To move Noah, the Knicks need to move a POSITIVE ASSET to compensate for the drawbacks of Noah's contract on another team.

Noah is, at best, a salary dump. This is not the case of moving a useful player near the end with a reasonable contract and contract length.

THIS IS A TOXIC CONTRACT. No team will touch it unless the Knicks offer assets to take the Noah problem off their hands. Most of you are not looking at the last two years of his deal. No team wants it, not to give a positive asset themselves for it.

The same reason Knicks fans want Noah out, is the same reason other teams don't want him in - It works both ways.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/22/2017  7:46 AM
TheGame wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I like the idea of trading Noah to Boston. Noah would fit there better. They wanna play smash mouth basketball.

IMO, that Boston trade makes sense for both teams. Noah is looking good tonight.

Maybe San Antonio too.... Knicks might need to take back Gasol. I wouldn't mind taking him back to mentor our guys. Just as long as we get a young guy back. They just started Dejonte Murry. That's the guy I want but he just started a game and played well. I could settle for kyle anderson

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

1/22/2017  9:28 AM
Smart idea. SAS can take advantage of Noah's passing. And he'd let them play LMA at PF.

Though they'd benefit more from someone who can score inside to go against GSW's weakest point with Zaza at center.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

1/22/2017  4:00 PM
EnySpree wrote:
TheGame wrote:

Maybe San Antonio too.... Knicks might need to take back Gasol. I wouldn't mind taking him back to mentor our guys. Just as long as we get a young guy back. They just started Dejonte Murry. That's the guy I want but he just started a game and played well. I could settle for kyle anderson

Dwayne Dedmond at $3 million, Pau Gasol at $12 million and David Lee at minimum are all better than Noah at $17 million per

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

1/22/2017  4:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/22/2017  4:08 PM
The only way Noah gets moved in the next 3 years is if Tom Thibdeou wants to bring him in as a "culture" player/player-coach (ala Kevin Garnett) OR if we include a draft pick, which would be stupid. Beyond that, I think we are stuck with him.

....unfortunately, we are pretty stupid and I get a nasueating feeling that the more we lose; the more likely Phil ponies up that pick. I'm calling it now: Joakim Noah, Brandon Jennings and our first for Jrue Holiday and Omer Asik.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gw9sdun

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/22/2017  5:28 PM
Noah had 15 rebounds in 20 minutes. But I think he had no points. Yeah the Knicks can move all the vets for young players and pucks.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

1/22/2017  8:37 PM

Smash mouth is the last phrase I would use to describe Noah -- he defends the rim like a wet noodle.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/22/2017  8:41 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:Lets do a 3 team trade with New York, Boston and Clippers.

New York gets---Avery Bradley, J.Crowder and 1st round pick from Boston

Boston gets---B.Griffin, JJ Reddick, L.Thomas, 2nd round pick from New York

Clippers get---Melo, D.Rose, KOQ

Rose can fill in for C.Paul for the 6-8 weeks he's out and when he gets back Rose can play some SG and backup Paul at PG

I know i know, Boston would never do that deal but i'd be ecstatic to get the return i have us getting.

Let me dream damn it

Lol. And when we lose in the second round, New York fans will want everyone mention traded.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

1/22/2017  8:43 PM

Who would Boston gives us? Don't they have to give back similar salary?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

1/22/2017  8:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/22/2017  8:54 PM
Vmart wrote:Noah had 15 rebounds in 20 minutes. But I think he had no points. Yeah the Knicks can move all the vets for young players and pucks.

Agree he is a good rebounder. But is he worth contract? And is he too much of a liabilty on offense? I think so. And not just because he does not score. But becauae defenses don't have to worry about him. They can focus more on others. However, the biggest problem for me, is that it forces KP and Melo to play out of position. They cant cover stretc 3's amd 4's. Noah was great when slower bigs dominated the NBA.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

1/23/2017  1:08 PM
NardDogNation wrote:The only way Noah gets moved in the next 3 years is if Tom Thibdeou wants to bring him in as a "culture" player/player-coach (ala Kevin Garnett) OR if we include a draft pick, which would be stupid. Beyond that, I think we are stuck with him.

....unfortunately, we are pretty stupid and I get a nasueating feeling that the more we lose; the more likely Phil ponies up that pick. I'm calling it now: Joakim Noah, Brandon Jennings and our first for Jrue Holiday and Omer Asik.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gw9sdun

Phil ain't gwine trade our first rounder. Get real man.

MS
Member: #724
1/23/2017  2:06 PM
Amazing we are half a season in and we already have to explore moving a guy we just signed for 72MM. Fucking embarrassing as always.

Tyson Chandler, was thrown out the door on an expiring contract and he's outplayed Noah both games this season, shoots at a higher percentage, scores more and grabs more rebounds.

TC - 8.5pts 12.2rbs 66% (9pts 16rbs, 13pts 23rbs)

JN - 5.5pts 9.2rbs (3asst 15rbs, 8pts 8rbs)

Possible Trades of Noah

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy