[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How about Noah to Portland for Crabbe-- 17mm for 17mm?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/20/2017  2:45 PM
They dont need Crabbe--they miscalculated their spending 100mm$ on essentially 4 guards. We have a player they can use--and could use badly in Noah. We do NOT need Noah--so why not trade 70mm for 70mm?
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

1/20/2017  2:59 PM
BRIGGS wrote:They dont need Crabbe--they miscalculated their spending 100mm$ on essentially 4 guards. We have a player they can use--and could use badly in Noah. We do NOT need Noah--so why not trade 70mm for 70mm?

Hmm, interesting idea. Do you really thing Portland would take Noah after his showing so far this season? It would be amazing to unload him for a player we actually could use.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/20/2017  3:04 PM
If they throw in Goyle than maybe
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
1/20/2017  3:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/20/2017  3:09 PM
Moonangie wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:They dont need Crabbe--they miscalculated their spending 100mm$ on essentially 4 guards. We have a player they can use--and could use badly in Noah. We do NOT need Noah--so why not trade 70mm for 70mm?

Hmm, interesting idea. Do you really thing Portland would take Noah after his showing so far this season? It would be amazing to unload him for a player we actually could use.

Hes rebounded the ball very well and hes more of a bigs leader than anything they have. Were talking big money from both sides--they could probably move Crabbe or even Turner faster than we could unload Noah--but right now all 3 are expensive pieces that are not easily exchanged

RIP Crushalot😞
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

1/20/2017  3:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/20/2017  3:40 PM
Noah is done..They wouldn't want him, they have a young team..They rather let Ropez walk than paying him 13 mil..In the Knicks signing Noah, the hope was that he was hampered injuries in the last few years like Rose, and he could regain some explosiveness and energy...But he doesn't have any of that...We have to eat his contract...I think you have the right idea tho..I would much rather go after Otto Porter who came into the league as a slasher, and an uptempo type player...Porter is shooting the three at a high percentage as you saw...

Again, is this the vision of the GM..Does he want to build a team of wing players as opposed to front line players??..I think we have to start looking at team direction...
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/20/2017  3:43 PM
holfresh wrote:Noah is done..They wouldn't want him, they have a young team..They rather let Ropez walk than paying him 13 mil..In the Knicks signing Noah, the hope was that he was hampered injuries in the last few years like Rose, and he could regain some explosiveness and energy...But he doesn't have any of that...We have to eat his contract...I think you have the right idea tho..I would much rather go after Otto Porter who came into the league as a slasher, and an uptempo type player...Porter is shooting the three at a high percentage as you saw...

Again, is this the vision of the GM..Does he want to build a team of wing players as opposed to front line players??..I think we have to start looking at team direction...

Trading one mistake for another mistake doesn't cancel the mistake out. We'd still be left with Crabbe, who I still don't want.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/20/2017  4:45 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
holfresh wrote:Noah is done..They wouldn't want him, they have a young team..They rather let Ropez walk than paying him 13 mil..In the Knicks signing Noah, the hope was that he was hampered injuries in the last few years like Rose, and he could regain some explosiveness and energy...But he doesn't have any of that...We have to eat his contract...I think you have the right idea tho..I would much rather go after Otto Porter who came into the league as a slasher, and an uptempo type player...Porter is shooting the three at a high percentage as you saw...

Trading one mistake for another mistake doesn't cancel the mistake out. We'd still be left with Crabbe, who I still don't want.

Agreed..

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/20/2017  4:54 PM
holfresh wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Agreed..

Noah can still help us. Crabbe is nothing but a Briggs festish bad contract
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
1/20/2017  5:27 PM
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Agreed..

Noah can still help us. Crabbe is nothing but a Briggs festish bad contract

Noah is a huge waste of money for us--dont need him.

If we got Crabbe and Curry--we'd have two players that wouldve spread the floor for us. There was never a chance to get Crabbe but Curry at 3mm vs Lee at 12mm--well you do the math. We still dont take enough 3's and spreading the perimeter would help the team--I think it wouldve changed our differential. Now were stuck with two back ups at 30mm$ per for 4. I think we should explore some of these deals for 70mm paid last year that might help us a lot more than Noah can. I dont see the need for a 32 year old C on this team for that much loot.

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened
Member: #4234

1/21/2017  2:30 AM
Noah sucks. Crabbe is way more valuable due to his age and shooting ability.

No one wants noah. It's one of the worst contracts in the nba

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
BigDaddyG

1/21/2017  11:06 AM
callmened wrote:Noah sucks. Crabbe is way more valuable due to his age and shooting ability.

1) They're both one-dimensional back-ups with bad contracts 2) I'd argue that Crabbe doesn't really give us anything that Lee and Holiday don't provide already. I could see it if he provided quality defense at the three-spot, but he doesn't. 3) Noah is still more productive than Crabbe.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/22/2017  1:03 AM
I'd take crabbe over Noah any day. Player at least with upside. Noah is on his way to end of days in NBA.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/22/2017  1:15 AM
IMHO the best we can hope for with Noah is that there is a new amnesty clause in the new CBA that takes effect July 1.
¿ △ ?
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/22/2017  4:22 AM
crzymdups wrote:IMHO the best we can hope for with Noah is that there is a new amnesty clause in the new CBA that takes effect July 1.

There isn't! Only one or two teams pushed for one, the rest said no, unfortunately.

wargames
Member: #6053

1/22/2017  5:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/22/2017  5:11 AM
Maybe if we threw in a ton of second rounders (or a first)..... but I would prefer we just take or medicine on that contract and keep the picks
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/22/2017  10:37 AM
wargames wrote:Maybe if we threw in a ton of second rounders (or a first)..... but I would prefer we just take or medicine on that contract and keep the picks

We don't need the cap space so why give up any second rounders (which we do need)?

callmened
Member: #4234

1/22/2017  11:20 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
callmened wrote:Noah sucks. Crabbe is way more valuable due to his age and shooting ability.

1) They're both one-dimensional back-ups with bad contracts 2) I'd argue that Crabbe doesn't really give us anything that Lee and Holiday don't provide already. I could see it if he provided quality defense at the three-spot, but he doesn't. 3) Noah is still more productive than Crabbe.

perhaps one could argue that noah is more productive than crabbe (i wouldnt)but simply by age alone - id rather have crabbe

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
wargames
Member: #6053

1/22/2017  12:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/22/2017  12:13 PM
smackeddog wrote:
wargames wrote:Maybe if we threw in a ton of second rounders (or a first)..... but I would prefer we just take or medicine on that contract and keep the picks

We don't need the cap space so why give up any second rounders (which we do need)?

Exactly, also knowing our luck they would ask for a first rounder. I like Crabbe.... and still think if they didn't have a glut at wing he could get better. But, I doubt anyone does a trade straight up for Noah. He is offensively looking like Jared Jefferies out there right now.

If the Knicks make a trade for Crabbe it better be because they think he can be a long term contributor because it's still gonna cost them some (at best) second round picks or a young player on a cheap contract to compensate the Blazers.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/22/2017  1:10 PM
wargames wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Exactly, also knowing our luck they would ask for a first rounder. I like Crabbe.... and still think if they didn't have a glut at wing he could get better. But, I doubt anyone does a trade straight up for Noah. He is offensively looking like Jared Jefferies out there right now.

If the Knicks make a trade for Crabbe it better be because they think he can be a long term contributor because it's still gonna cost them some (at best) second round picks or a young player on a cheap contract to compensate the Blazers.

Ouch. Walsh sent the 7th pick in the draft and another first rounder (16th pick) to move Jeffries contract so the knicks would have space to sign LBJ and another star
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG

1/22/2017  1:15 PM
callmened wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

perhaps one could argue that noah is more productive than crabbe (i wouldnt)but simply by age alone - id rather have crabbe

I could make that argument just by pointing at their stats. By I'll go a step forward...Crabbe's career season isn't that much different from what Holiday is doing. I don't see this huge upside in Crabbe. Yeah, he's probably better than holiday, but not a lot. He's a good shooter...That's pretty much it. He doesn't do a good job shot creating his own shot. Is he really going to thrive leaving Lilliard and going to Rose? We need wing defenders like Moe Harkless, not one-dimensional shooters like Crabbe. We suck. Making trade for the sake of making trades won't change that. Why rush to bring in another team's pile of chicken crap in hopes of it changing to soup? We have cap space and draft picks. There's no need for us to make a deal unless we can see a real benefit from it.

How about Noah to Portland for Crabbe-- 17mm for 17mm?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy